NBA 2014-2015

NEW -> Contingent Buyer Assistance Program
irvinehomeowner said:
Scott Brooks has been fired.

Not really sure why, it's not like he had both Westbrook and Durant all season. Thunder still finished 45-37 which was higher than 3 of the East teams in the playoffs and tied with 8th place New Orleans.

I'm sure he'll find another head coaching job (rumor is Orlando or Denver) but I think it wasn't a fair dismissal and I would be more worried about the Thunder's future.

Scott Brooks is terrible.  They probably took the missed playoffs as an opportunity to fire him.  Maybe now, the Thunder will realize their true potential.

Yeah agree with bones. The thunder have underachieved. They won't be any worse with another coach. Probably better, new blood was needed. They say in sports teams coach generally has a five year lifespan and then the players tend to tune you out

i think they are hoping to get the same result as GSW when they fired Mark Jackson.. Back then, people question the firing but looking back, seems like a good decision.

it'll be interesting to see who they hire & what style they go with.  early names that have surfaced are thibs, donovan and mark jackson.  it's a good job so I'm sure they'll probably get who they want.

bones said:
irvinehomeowner said:
Scott Brooks has been fired.

Not really sure why, it's not like he had both Westbrook and Durant all season. Thunder still finished 45-37 which was higher than 3 of the East teams in the playoffs and tied with 8th place New Orleans.

I'm sure he'll find another head coaching job (rumor is Orlando or Denver) but I think it wasn't a fair dismissal and I would be more worried about the Thunder's future.

Scott Brooks is terrible.  They probably took the missed playoffs as an opportunity to fire him.  Maybe now, the Thunder will realize their true potential.

I will take Scott Brooks over Byron Scott.

I agree with eyephone.

I had high hopes for Byron Scott but he's too old school. He needs to get with the new NBA, 3s are a big part of the game... which is funny because he's a shooter.

irvinehomeowner said:
I agree with eyephone.

I had high hopes for Byron Scott but he's too old school. He needs to get with the new NBA, 3s are a big part of the game... which is funny because he's a shooter.

Isn't Bryon Scott just a placeholder until they get better? 

bones said:
irvinehomeowner said:
I agree with eyephone.

Isn't Bryon Scott just a placeholder until they get better?

I don't know what the Lakers are doing.

Hey guys does anyone here play Fanduel?  It's pretty fun when NBA playoffs hit.  I've created a 4 player league on Fanduel (sample) tonight just to see if we get enough interest here.  Here's the link:
https://www.fanduel.com/entry/BMVZPIWJX?invitedby=aquabliss&cnl=ba

The kicker though, if we don't get 4 entries (including mine), it won't run so try to join if you're interested!

This is a *free* league just for fun.

irvinehomeowner said:
eyephone said:
So I read on BR (bleacher report) Rondo might sign with the Lakers.
We already have one salty Laker, we don't need more.

i dont think i saw any laker games this year, signing Rondo will ensure i dont see any next year.  that is a horrible idea, that dude is a cancer.

aquabliss said:
The kicker though, if we don't get 4 entries (including mine), it won't run so try to join if you're interested!
Joined.

It wouldn't let me just do ATL and Clips so I had to mix my lineup from teams I want to win (had to drop Blake for Aldridge to fit into the cap though... boo).

aquabliss said:
Hey guys does anyone here play Fanduel?  It's pretty fun when NBA playoffs hit.  I've created a 4 player league on Fanduel (sample) tonight just to see if we get enough interest here.  Here's the link:

This is a *free* league just for fun.

joined too ..  site doesn't allow change in username .. so I somewhat revealed my other identity :)

aquabliss, looks like you are a regular on fanduel based on your stats :)

Cool, thanks for joining.  Guys we need 1 more entry in the next 30 minutes!  Someone reading this please join (it won't allow me to change the league size afterwards):

GH, I play a bit on there but not crazy like some of these guys you see with 40,000 NBA games played.  I'm sure people are making a living from that site.

Back