https://www.fanduel.com/entry/EQDHIRCAR?invitedby=aquabliss&cnl=ba

IHO
GH
Yaliu

Hopefully all 3 of you can join...

Damn it.  someone stole my spot.  :)

Hey get back to work.  We need our DTV

I was trying to figure out how GH won.

For the last game I think he had Klay, Draymond, Gordon and Bogut.

I had Klay, Curry and Gordon.

I think FanDuel scoring favors rebounds, I need to remember that for the next one.

yaliu07 said:
I would so destroyed you guys..  i picked scurry, lbj, drose and adavis.... 
Yeah... and then no one else for the rest of your salary?

FD is interesting as you have to balance FD's perceived values over what these players will actually do in the playoffs since FD's salary is based on the season.

Best value pick yesterday was DRose since his season has been mostly horrible. Some of you picked Isaiah Thomas who has had a good season but was terrible last night.

irvinehomeowner said:
I was trying to figure out how GH won.

For the last game I think he had Klay, Draymond, Gordon and Bogut.

I had Klay, Curry and Gordon.

I think FanDuel scoring favors rebounds, I need to remember that for the next one.

Love, Gasol and Green -- good bang for the buck :)

They don't really favor rebound .. scoring is still the most favored points:

Scoring rules:
3-pt FG = 3pts
2-pt FG = 2pts
FT = 1pt
Rebound = 1.2pts
Assist = 1.5pts
Block = 2pts
Steal = 2pts
Turnover = -1pt

1.2 is pretty good for rebounds.

You won't get multiple players on your team with double-digit assists but if you have at least 3 guys with double digit rebounds, that's a lot of points.

irvinehomeowner said:
1.2 is pretty good for rebounds.

You won't get multiple players on your team with double-digit assists but if you have at least 3 guys with double digit rebounds, that's a lot of points.

I think it still favor points above all .. it is way much easier to get 12 points than 10 rebounds even for the great rebounding bigs (except maybe for Noah or Asik  :P).

I'm not sure how it calculate the salary of each player though but I would think it has algorithm that does incorporate the bias of the scoring rule.. 

I think the key is to pick the player than would play above their average stat .. I think Love, plus Gasol and Green to some extend did win for me last night :)

Alright new league for today (5 player league this time so Yaliu can join):
https://www.fanduel.com/entry/EYDWKNNKY?invitedby=aquabliss&cnl=ba

IHO, here's the scoring breakdown:
3-pt FG = 3pts
2-pt FG = 2pts
FT = 1pt
Rebound = 1.2pts
Assist = 1.5pts
Block = 2pts
Steal = 2pts
Turnover = -1pt

They changed it this year.  I played in past years and Rebounds and Assists were 1pt each.  Definitely something to keep in mind when choosing your players.

I've played in a Point-based Yahoo league and they have rebounds at 1.5pts so having bigs is a plus.

For example, at 1.2pts per rebound a player that scores 15pts and 12 rebounds gets 29.2 points, whereas a player that scores 24pts and 3 rebounds gets only 27.2 points. Most shooters don't rebound but if you can get a rebounder who can score, that's where you get higher value. It's interesting that FD doesn't give a bonus for 3pters, it just counts as 3pts.

I didn't realize you had Love too. That some good budget management. Gasol was a good pick because of his assists too.
GH said:
I think the key is to pick the player than would play above their average stat .. I think Love, plus Gasol and Green to some extend did win for me last night :)
I agree with this, but Love actually played below his average stats... and Gasol has been playing like that all season. Green was the standout but he was expensive... for the money Rose was the best bang for the buck.

Gah... today I can't make a strategic team... as I will be rooting for the Clips. I'll just fill my team with all LAC and then backfill with scrubs. :)

irvinehomeowner said:
GH said:
I agree with this, but Love actually played below his average stats... and Gasol has been playing like that all season. Green was the standout but he was expensive... for the money Rose was the best bang for the buck.

I was just noting the players that I have that you don't.  Rose was the best bang but we all have him so it just cancels out.  I think last night was one of the better night of Love as a Cavs.

Back