Lambert Ranch in Irvine

NEW -> Contingent Buyer Assistance Program
IrvineRealtor said:
Should be interesting.  Leaving right now. See you there :-)

Just got back. Checked out The Grove (starting at $1.2 M). Lots are small. Approx 6000 sq ft with about 4300 sq ft in living space. Yard is practically nonexistent. The tour guide was focusing on the "courtyard" as the yard.  Love the downstairs for the most part, love the kitchen island in all floor plans and the great room. Also like the casita (Plan 3 has a HUGE separate casita).  Upstairs left much to be desired.  All secondary bedrooms are rather small. Master bedroom itself is also rather small, bathrooms are decent size.

Also, you can see the 241 from the models as well as the landfill. 

The Hills start at the low mil. Bedrooms are a tad bigger than The Grove bedrooms but again, rather small. 

Overall impression, decent floor plans but would not buy there because of the price and location.

They have one rec room for the association called the "ranch house" with pool and ping pong table. No tennis courts. I guess ping pong for the asians?  ;)

kalbi said:
Also, you can see the 241 from the models as well as the landfill. 
Overall impression, decent floor plans but would not buy there because of the price and location.

The close proximity and view of the Frank R. Bowerman Landfill is a deal killer to me!!! Why would anyone buy a Million Dollar home near a landfill? If you're going to pay that much for a house, you're better off buying at Laguna Altura.

Big gamble! but I am afraid the location would become the biggest hurdle yet. Landfill, jail, cell tower emf, ancient burial site, high fire zone, toll road, and future hign school redistricting are typically not where one would see million dollar homes. $700k-$900k is what the homes are worth. Anything more is just Russian roulette. Properties are unfortunately too small to bear the $million dollar home title.

Yeah... I feel these need to start lower than $900k even without MRs.

We'll see how fast they can sell or if this is Laguna Altura 2.0.

Having looked at 100+ model homes over the past several years in Southern California, these are some of the most impressive I've seen. The Hill was nice, but the Grove was quite unique. What's great about these model homes is that every floorplan is different from every other floorplan in the community, unlike Laguna Altura, for example, which are variations on each other, and were exactly the same as floorplans used in other Irvine Pacific developments. As a group, the homes in Lambert Ranch are quite large as well, something else that is unique in today's economy. Will these sell? Who knows. But, if someone's looking for something new and something of this size in Irvine, it's about the only option available. With Orchard Hills MIA for the foreseeable future (and certainly not opening in 2013 as was advertised on the Irvine Company website a couple years ago), I don't know what else may be in the pipeline that may offer something of similar size or quality in the central OC area.

From the industry meetings, it appears that Laing Lux The New Home Company is marketing towards the multi-generational living as many of the other larger builders have picked up. 

According to some of the presentations within the builder forums, it's been consistently found in their focus groups (Hi Barb ;)) that buyers are making their purchase decisions based on the flexibility to house their (1) aging parents, (2) college-aged children, and (3) in-home businesses. As these three groups are often in their own way supplementing down payments, it makes sense financially, to a degree, but would be putting a heavier burden on the components of the home with increased occupancy, usage, water/sewer/electrical load, and of course, parking.

Lennar is doing a similar run with their "Next Gen" marketing of homes in the West, currently. Their home-within-a-home is supposedly selling well. Their homes in Chino are doing this for half the price that the LR is being offered at... This link should be live: Lennar - Charleston at College Park

Similar plans are being marketed in PHX: YouTube link here:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CG0ZnFKkd1g[/youtube]

Multi-gen is the new pergraniteel.
-IR2

IR brought up a very good point that Lennar's new insight where 2 families living under one roof. At the inland empire where this concept makes a lot of sense. A majority of the buyers are Hispanic. Even in Santa Ana their social circle heavily focused around the social activities and the lack of financial resources for independent ownership or rentership.

The current Chinese buyer generation is different from 20 years ago. They are the Y generation well assimilated into the American culture. They will take their in laws or parents money but they will not want to live with them. Their parents are financially well off living in the same zipcode and often are taken for granted as the default babysitters. Babysitting is about the only opportunity they get to see the children or they offer to treat the younger generations to some banquet style feasts. The parents are stuck with the old and non English speaking grand parents.

The notion of multigeneration living is for the recent immigrants or those living in the lower economic cities. In other OC cities like Westminster, Garden Grove and Anaheim this concept will hit the sweet spot. Other builders like KB, Brandywine, and Olson have done well in the OC with similar concept. When it comes to the unicorn city the text book rule sometime is mysteriously lost in the Bermuda Triangle of 55/405/5.

I toured The Hills in Lambert Ranch yesterday with 3 clients and had these four feedbacks or concerns:

1) Backs against the 241 toll road, so there is road noise
2) Very close proximity to the landfill
3) Very close proximity to the Musick Jail
4) Was previously burned down by the OC fire

1. Backing to the 241 is not a major concern.  The trade off is, you get an excellent view of the valley to the ocean. I think backing to 241 is well worth the trade off of having a great view. Also, there is ambient noise anywhere you go in Irvine.
2. Being close to the landfill is not an issue considering the prevailing winds approximately 340 days of the year prevail off the coast and blow inland.  Also, Newport Coast was built close to a landfill and the values there have remained high.  I think what we feed our bodies, sometimes is worse than what emanates from the landfill.
3. The proximity to the jail is not an issue either for two reasons: A. Prisoners here are non violent and usually head south toward San Diego if they escape B. The last escape was in 1992 and escapes are very rare.
4. Yes there was fire damage near Lambert Ranch 3 years ago but along with the Laguna fire of 1993, are the only two we have seen locally since 1993.  Also, we have the Orange County Fire Authority training center less than 5 miles away along with three other stations within 2 miles of Lambert Ranch

To me Lambert Ranch offers three unique and valuable advantages:
1. Guard gated community (One of only 7 in Irvine)
2. Unobstructed view properties (Only Turtle Rock, Shady Canyon, Quail Hill and Turtle Ridge offer either ocean or city lights views)
3. Low traffic environment (No transient localized traffic within the community)

I also think The Hills offer great choices in floor plans, specifically with the guest room orientations and the master suite downstairs option.

Look forward to seeing The Grove and The Field next!

This is why you are the special agent who can sell inferior properties like precious estates. We all have seen your flowery descriptive words in your listings.

1. Interesting viewpoint of backing up to a freeway. Noise and pollution is ok as long there is a view? Why not drive another 2 minutes and get a better view at Foothill Ranch at 50% off and not backing up to freeway and silence.

2. The Newport Coast landfill was closed before homes were built closed by. The difference is this landfill services almost the entire county and will be opened for another 50 years. Prevailing wind traps the odor here because it can't make it over the Cleveland National Forest. if it could then Lake Elsinore just over the mountain would smell it too.

3. We see you also have read the same information the jail and city published. What would you like to bet if we can prove the PR information is a lie? Would you consider a wife slasher a non violent criminal?

4. Santa Ana wind whips down those hill every year and no one could suppress mother nature. The toll road is a loose cannon. A cigarette bud out the window is all it takes to start a fire and why become a front line to receive the fire. Yes OCFA is nearby but no use when 60mph Santa Ana wind is blowing fire down the hills at a even greater velocity. Foothill Ranch had 6 close calls since 1992.

I learned these rules a long time ago. A used car salesman will always tell you his cars are the very best. Now substitute agents and houses. We know NHC is offering 2% for agent but your timing really suck. IR and Trojan USC would receive our referral services and loyalty.

New Homes do not need referral service incentive unless the project is in trouble.

1) Backs against the 241 toll road, so there is road noise

-  Did you hear the 241 toll road noise when you were visit yesterday?  How did you hear the noise when the construction noise everywhere?  I were unable to hear the noise.  It's hard to resale later.

2) Very close proximity to the landfill

-  How far the landfill?  I know it's a health issues.  There were an article in the Orange County Register of the Newport Coast issues of the landfill.

3) Very close proximity to the Musick Jail

-  How many minutes on the Musick Jail? 

Criminal is criminal cause commit the crime

4) Was previously burned down by the OC fire

-  Does anyone knows when happen?

What do anyone think the price start 900k without any upgrade deal?

No exercise room in the club house.........

Not everyone plays Ping pong but exercise room the best. 

NinjaTurtle,

1. Noise is the loudest during the early morning and late at night. The Doppler effect of noise can drive you insane.

2. The landfill is 1/2 mile away measured in a straight line. The trash trucks are at your face along Portola Pkwy. The only access to the dump site.

3. From the edge of the Musick Property to Portola Springs is a 10 minute walk.

4. 2 major fires that made national news were 1993 and 11/2009. The October 1993 fire burned for 17 days and was among the 15 costliest in US history. WTC is #1

Exercise room is a costly expense without having an extensive property management. Sweat, bodily fluids and germs are pretty gross in exercise premise.

i had one of the tour guide open a window in the Grove.  I could hear the traffic from the 241 and this was at around 1:30 pm. 

i could also seriously see the landfill from The Grove as well. The tour guide said it was about 2.3 or 2.4 miles away. 

i forgot to mention yesterday that in line with the multi-generational theme, you can purchase 2 of the Hills home without a wall in between (shared "atrium"). 

although floor plans are unique, all of the homes are built way to close to each other.

Go to google and measure the 2 locations via a straghtline. Odor does not travel along the out of the way access route.

kalbi said:
i had one of the tour guide open a window in the Grove.  I could hear the traffic from the 241 and this was at around 1:30 pm. 

i could also seriously see the landfill from The Grove as well. The tour guide said it was about 2.3 or 2.4 miles away. 

i forgot to mention yesterday that in line with the multi-generational theme, you can purchase 2 of the Hills home without a wall in between (shared "atrium"). 

although floor plans are unique, all of the homes are built way to close to each other.

Very interesting, Mike Dunn has joined us here on TI.  There are definitely pluses and minuses for the new homes and buyers will have to determine whether the pluses outweigh the minuses before they decide to pull the trigger.  The floor plans do look very unique and interesting plus I know first hand that the service provided by The New Home Company was very good and there haven't been any construction issues my buyers have come across yet.  It will be interesting to see how sales go once the models open up in about a month.

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=Portola+Springs,+Irvine,+CA&hl=en&ll=33.701064,-117.708035&spn=0.095256,0.108833&sll=33.697351,-117.710094&sspn=0.09526,0.108833&t=h&hnear=Portola+Springs,+Irvine,+Orange,+California&z=13

To the north of letter "A" is the landfill. To the right of letter "A" is the toll road symbol "241". Just south of it is the rectangular building known as the Musick jail guard post at the end of the private road. The grey color linear strip is the edge of the prison's outlining property that almost abuts the toll road.

Does Woodberry built next to Lambert Ranch?
What happen to the houses resales value of the surrounding areas next to landfill and 241?
What do you think the price homes in Lambert Ranch?
Laguna Altura homes over a millions like a gold mine.
What other areas in Southern California built brand new homes?

Yes Burberry is very close to Laurent Ranch.

Laguna Armani is like a gold mine.

There are many new herme being built in southern CA.

When are you flying in from Beijing and I will take you to Laurent Ranch to buy your hermes?

Back