coronavirus

NEW -> Contingent Buyer Assistance Program
So you are saying every single one of those deaths...every one was preventable and could have been avoided if?...isn't that a bit extreme?  Like claiming Trump personally killed your father?...

Ilhan Omar blames Trump's 'criminal neglect' for her father's death from coronavirus and calls for administration officials to be prosecuted for handling of pandemic
Ilhan Omar's father Nur Omar Mohamed died in June to Covid aged 67
On Friday, she blasted Trump and his administration for their pandemic handling
She said the President has shown no compassion and is responsible for deaths

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9067585/Ilhan-Omar-blames-Trumps-criminal-neglect-fathers-death-coronavirus.html

It is what it is...

Americans Are in Full Revolt Against Pandemic Lockdowns
Individually and in organized groups, people are pushing back against lockdown orders.

On the West Coast, many restaurants also open their doors to customers despite state orders to the contrary.
"While some of the larger chains and corporations are following the orders, many of the mom and pop shops say going to takeout only would put them out of business," ABC News reported last week.

The city council in Solvang, a tourism-fueled community in Santa Barbara County, recently voted to ignore shutdown orders that threaten locals' livelihoods. Officials "directed that the City of Solvang will not actively enforce these latest State shutdown orders, and that the City request the County and State regulators to prioritize education and that they also not enforce the orders within the City limits," according to a letter from Mayor Ryan Toussaint.
[url]https://reason.com/2020/12/16/americans-are-in-full-revolt-against-pandemic-lockdowns/[/url]

morekaos said:
It is what it is...

That's a bunch of bull. All Americans have a responsibility in this pandemic whether they like it or not. We can't throw our hands into the air and act like helpless victims. Too many lives are at stake to just give up. We can all do our part.

Really it is individuals each making decisions.  I look at this a lot like the Climate change debate.  There are the zealots on one side and the deniers on the other.  Most, sit somewhere in the middle.  Each side is militant at the edges. each side convinced they are righteous. In the end I think even if I stipulate that climate change is man made...I still feel there is nothing we can do (as a group, or certainly as a state or country) to stop it.  Therefore, do what humans have always done, (like when the Ice age ended and all that ice melted)...we adapt...it is what we really are best at...this seems no different.

Irvinecommuter said:
morekaos said:
It is what it is...
Yes...GOP/Republican choosing politics and money over people is what it is. 

Btw, I'm Republican but that should not matter in a pandemic. This is our Pearl Harbor and 9/11 and we are flat out failing. We need to stop blaming others and all do our part to fight this virus.

iacrenter said:
Irvinecommuter said:
morekaos said:
It is what it is...

Btw, I'm Republican but that should not matter in a pandemic. This is our Pearl Harbor and 9/11 and we are flat out failing. We need to stop blaming others and all do our part to fight this virus.

Well its the Dems turn at bat and I don't think the results will differ much.  What exactly will they do  (barring the vaccine) that is going to get a different result?

morekaos said:
Really it is individuals each making decisions.  I look at this a lot like the Climate change debate.  There are the zealots on one side and the deniers on the other.  Most, sit somewhere in the middle.  Each side is militant at the edges. each side convinced they are righteous. In the end I think even if I stipulate that climate change is man made...I still feel there is nothing we can do (as a group, or certainly as a state or country) to stop it.  Therefore, do what humans have always done, (like when the Ice age ended and all that ice melted)...we adapt...it is what we really are best at...this seems no different.

That's the problem, the deniers are not adapting.  They belly ache and demand to keep doing the same old thing.

Curious then what everyone thinks should be done about those who wag their fingers at everyone to wear a mask and social distance, only to be videotaped taking off their masks and openly socializing once they think the cameras are no longer recording?

Which are worse - The naggers who do the opposite of what they want everyone else to do, or the naysayers who refuse to do what they are told?

Do you mean the Long Beach Police force or Newsom and Political Dem kin? 

Or do we still want to make a mountain out of the LA county board member voting for the restaurant closure to start Monday and then going to a restaurant while still open the weekend before closure?

I rank deniers as more damaging than lying waggers.

Handle them through the health code with the businesses they frequent.  If the business tolerates it, then the business pays the brunt.  I?ll agre with Tom Cruise on this one. We, IMHO, should take Tom?s attitude towards them.

Again what needed to be done is really simply mask, distance, wash, limit groups.

A large subset didn?t just scoff, they actively and intentionally subverted them.

Soylent Green Is People said:
Curious then what everyone thinks should be done about those who wag their fingers at everyone to wear a mask and social distance, only to be videotaped taking off their masks and openly socializing once they think the cameras are no longer recording?

Which are worse - The naggers who do the opposite of what they want everyone else to do, or the naysayers who refuse to do what they are told?

Both are bad and should be called out.  I am not sure why this is of relevance.

iacrenter said:
Irvinecommuter said:
morekaos said:
It is what it is...

But why are there many Republicans playing down COVID? Look at the local level the OC supervisors (controlled by Republicans) did not protect the Head Health person. If the local police could not protect her. (Maybe private contractors that were ex military maybe that had actual experience protecting overseas people could of protected her better. I think she quit because she got threats to her and her family. She was very well spoken and her policy were based on science.) Also, maybe if she was still there with the mask requirement. OC would have been a lot safer and not in a mess with COVID.

iacrenter said:
Irvinecommuter said:
morekaos said:
It is what it is...

Sorry the party left you. Family values, all lives matter, and fiscal conservatism are out the window. They want to overturn an election. You know what that is called communism.

morekaos said:
iacrenter said:
Irvinecommuter said:
morekaos said:
It is what it is...

Well its the Dems turn at bat and I don't think the results will differ much.  What exactly will they do  (barring the vaccine) that is going to get a different result?

Go see what Taiwan, South Korea, Australia, New Zealand, and Germany did.

nosuchreality said:
morekaos said:

That's the problem, the deniers are not adapting.  They belly ache and demand to keep doing the same old thing.

...again this is similar.  Deniers say "go about your business (same old thing) climate change will do what it does" while the zealots scream "killers!, we need to all do something!!".  Meanwhile, humanity adapts, if my house is under water in 10 years...well, so be it, I knew the risks.

Irvinecommuter said:
morekaos said:
iacrenter said:
Irvinecommuter said:
morekaos said:
It is what it is...

Go see what Taiwan, South Korea, Australia, New Zealand, and Germany did.

Germany looks similar...

Germany heads for national lockdown as Covid cases rise sharply
Experts warn that delaying measures until after Christmas could cost tens of thousands of lives

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/dec/11/germany-national-lockdown-covid-cases-rise

morekaos said:
nosuchreality said:
morekaos said:

...again this is similar.  Deniers say "go about your business (same old thing) climate change will do what it does" while the zealots scream "killers!, we need to all do something!!".  Meanwhile, humanity adapts, if my house is under water in 10 years...well, so be it, I knew the risks.

You don?t get to accept the risk for others.

I get it though, you are fine if your neighbors die as long as you get to do what you want.

Back