coronavirus

NEW -> Contingent Buyer Assistance Program
From the COVID-19 Nonsense News Desk (C-19NN)

Russians rethink vaccination plans when advised not to consume alcohol for 60 days.
https://www.reuters.com/article/hea...ys-russian-official-some-recoil-idUSKBN28J239

Some US Churches rebrand as "Strip Clubs" to avoid shutdown.
https://www.christianheadlines.com/...lubs-in-order-to-hold-in-person-services.html

First UK vaccine recipient is famous for something else:
https://nypost.com/2020/12/08/william-shakespeare-first-uk-man-to-receive-covid-19-vaccine/

What a time we live in today.

Mety said:
irvinehomeowner said:
@Mety:

You keep saying you are seeing things but you don?t post the evidence to prove it.

It?s like voter fraud.

And yes, the tinfoil is for your hat.

What have I said that is not in the ?data??

You conclusions/conspiracy theories.

Draw a line so we can understand where you are coming from... you are being cryptic. Prove your math.

@irvinehomeowner:  You have more patience than me...I already gave up.  It doesn't matter what the data or facts say...conclusions are already made. 

For the others:

Eo0G-zfXUAArVxt

For context, I'm 1 of 7 kids in my family. 2 of my siblings have tested positive. 1 of those siblings has in-laws infected and required multi-day hospitalization for it. They have since recovered. 

While I'm all for mask wearing and social distancing, I'm not a big fan of the death counts. So many deaths were due to pre-existing conditions made fatal when the deceased were exposed to COVID-19. Were many "on their way" already? Sure, especially when the majority of deaths are patients over 75 years old.

Even the CDC says there is some "fuzz" to the numbers.
https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nvss/vsrr/...xt=Deaths due to COVID-,19-related mortality.

This isn't to say everyone should go maskless or refuse to take precautions that protect. This is only a post about death count reliability which I for one do question the reporting accuracy.

My .02c

Soylent Green Is People said:
For context, I'm 1 of 7 kids in my family. 2 of my siblings have tested positive. 1 of those siblings has in-laws infected and required multi-day hospitalization for it. They have since recovered. 

While I'm all for mask wearing and social distancing, I'm not a big fan of the death counts. So many deaths were due to pre-existing conditions made fatal when the deceased were exposed to COVID-19. Were many "on their way" already? Sure, especially when the majority of deaths are patients over 75 years old.

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nvss/vsrr/...xt=Deaths due to COVID-,19-related mortality.

This isn't to say everyone should go maskless or refuse to take precautions that protect. This is only a post about death count reliability which I for one do question the reporting accuracy.

My .02c

Preach it brother! I'm saying the same thing and IHO goes I need a tin foil hat.

BTW glad to hear they recovered.

irvinehomeowner said:
Mety said:
irvinehomeowner said:
@Mety:

You keep saying you are seeing things but you don?t post the evidence to prove it.

It?s like voter fraud.

And yes, the tinfoil is for your hat.

What have I said that is not in the ?data??

You conclusions/conspiracy theories.

Draw a line so we can understand where you are coming from... you are being cryptic. Prove your math.

But all I'm saying are from the datas we all have in public.

My .02c

Yes, but this and the CDC report has been addressed already.

Mety keeps reading it wrong... the CDC report doesn't mean that X deaths were just by Covid... all the deaths numbers are Covid related because Covid + pre-existing = death. Pre-exisiting may mean eventual death but Covid hastened it.

So no matter how you slice it, Covid was related to the death.

Whether you believe that or not is one of those tinfoil things... because data is data.

irvinehomeowner said:

My .02c

Mety keeps reading it wrong... the CDC report doesn't mean that X deaths were just by Covid... all the deaths numbers are Covid related because Covid + pre-existing = death. Pre-exisiting may mean eventual death but Covid hastened it.

Whether you believe that or not is one of those tinfoil things... because data is data.

Who decides it?s been addressed? You keep reading the way you want. I do vise versa.

How do you know Covid was related to the death?

Mety said:
irvinehomeowner said:

My .02c

Who decides it?s been addressed? You keep reading the way you want. I do vise versa.

I already sent you a link and quoted the part that explains that. The CDC report even explains that.

Seriously... who is not reading here?

irvinehomeowner said:
Mety said:
irvinehomeowner said:

My .02c

I already sent you a link and quoted the part that explains that. The CDC report even explains that.

Seriously... who is not reading here?

We all read. We just emphasize the parts we would like to emphasize. I admit that. You seem not.

My .02c

There may be fuzz but there is little indication that there is any significant deviation.  The note you specifically referenced goes both ways...COVID deaths could be misidentified as Flu/pnenumonia vice versa.  Considering COVID is much deadlier than flu and the lack of testing...it much more likely that there are more COVID death mislabeled as flu death than the other way around.

Even we assume equal distortion/mislabeling, we are still at 280K death. 

Death count is one measure...probably the most stark but there are a tremendous amount of impact by COVID outside of death...hospitalizations, ICU beds, burned out medical personnel, long term effects...I am not sure why a discuss re death count is the only relevant data point.

Mety said:
We all read. We just emphasize the parts we would like to emphasize. I admit that. You seem not.

Mety:  I have a question for you...what is the acceptable death/hospitalization rate for you to say that a shutdown is necessary?

We are at 280K death...is 200K death much better?  What if we hit 500K by next year?  Is that acceptable? 

Does the fact that older people die mean less?

This is where we find ourselves... a world in search of loopholes!! ;D ;D >:D

California Church Rebrands As ?Family Friendly Strip Club? To Remain Open

Godspeak Calvary Chapel in Ventura County has been continuing in-person service despite the government orders.

Just over a week ago before delivering his sermon, Pastor Rob McCoy played a clip of Mike Huckabee on Fox saying that it?s ridiculous that the government has deemed people are safer in a strip club than they are at church and thus the churches should simply ?announce their pastor will remove his tie during the sermon, and therefore he will take off an article of clothing making it a temporary strip club so that people will be able to go to church.?

https://ktrh.iheart.com/featured/michael-berry/content/2020-11-30-california-church-rebrands-as-family-friendly-strip-club-to-remain-open/

Irvinecommuter said:
Mety said:

Mety:  I have a question for you...what is the acceptable death/hospitalization rate for you to say that a shutdown is necessary?

We are at 280K death...is 200K death much better?  What if we hit 500K by next year?  Is that acceptable? 

Mety doesn't believe or read that it's 280k. If it was 500k he would believe it even less. That's the problem.

Irvinecommuter said:
Mety said:

In my opinion, the *shutdowns* caused more infections and deaths to begin with. The shutdown caused more issue IMHO. I never said 280k is not a yuge number nor we shouldn?t care for older people. Our disagreement starts from where we focus the issue at.

Mety said:
Irvinecommuter said:
Mety said:

In my opinion, the *shutdowns* caused more infections and deaths to begin with. The shutdown caused more issue IMHO. I never said 280k is not a yuge number nor we shouldn?t care for older people. Our disagreement starts from where we focus the issue at.

1)  Okay...what is that opinion based upon? 

2)  What do you think we should do now? 

irvinehomeowner said:
Irvinecommuter said:
Mety said:

Mety doesn't believe or read that it's 280k. If it was 500k he would believe it even less. That's the problem.

Again, I don?t think all 280k or whatever number we end up with speaks sole death from Covid alone. Even if they were, I still don?t think all these shutdowns and restrictions are helping to reduce the number.

Mety said:
Again, I don?t think all 280k or whatever number we end up with speaks sole death from Covid alone. Even if they were, I still don?t think all these shutdowns and restrictions are helping to reduce the number.

Again..what is your basis for these opinions? 

If true...

1)  Why is Sweden shutting down,
2)  Why have the numbers spike in the US and elsewhere with the loosening of restriction
3)  Why are the countries have had strict guidelines and strong lockdown the ones least impacted by COVID
4)  What facts/sources should I "trust"
5)  What do you think we should do now? 

Back