coronavirus

NEW -> Contingent Buyer Assistance Program
nosuchreality said:
Mety said:
Just look at Jeffrey Trail. Since our lovely lockdown order, the place has been FILLED with so many people. It used to be pretty empty before the restriction order if you lived around that area. Irvine never looked so lively!

Our local multiuse trail can get mighty busy too, still far less people than a single Target run or the mob scenes in a Hobby Lobby or Michaels.

Yeah which got a lot more crowded after the ?stay-home? order. ;)

Mety said:
irvinehomeowner said:
@Mety:

With most flus, you are symptomatic when you are contagious (exceptions exist of course)... or they have a low transmission rate. With Covid, there are many cases of asymptomatic spread and a higher transmission rate.

This is why "staying home when you are sick" doesn't really work because many don't feel sick.

You can look at what the present status is, we have been in lockdown and semi-lockdown since March, people have been told to stay home when sick, distance, wear masks, wash hands etc... and yet we are over 85% ICU capacity in much of California and many other states.

So how will that work again?

If we were encouraged to do everything you wrote (bolded), except lockdown and semi-lockdown, I think the ICU or the clinicians capacity status would have been much lower than 85%. I know you think the other way, but that's what I think since I'm seeing people just reacting totally opposite from the stay-home-orders as I've pointed out to eyephone in the previous reply.

Sometimes I think you live in an alternate universe.

What did you bold that was not encouraged? How many ads, signs, etc talked about the safety protocols... were you asleep? No one was protesting when they were being told to stay six feet apart and wash your hands. But then once masks came into the picture all of sudden efficacy became a concern? I didn't see qwerty question the science of hand sanitizers and Clorox wipes.

Also you were saying to aquabliss those who didn't wear a mask would not stay home when they were sick. I think that's not true since most people stayed home when they were sick even before Covid era.

You totally missed the point. Even before Covid, sick people still went out. No one wants to burn a sick day if they don't have to, that's just how it is. So many sick people come into work because they save the sick days for when they want to go to Disneyland. :)

And my point was if they won't wear a mask, why would they stay home? Both things protect people but certain people don't care.

The problem started when we felt like we were being restricted, giving up our freedom. Again, just saying what I think. I could be wrong and I know you think I'm wrong. ;)

How is telling people to stay home if you're sick any more restrictive? Freedom is an excuse for individualism which I stated long ago was why it's so much harder to control Covid in the US.

Everyone has such a short memory, when Covid jumped the ocean and started showing up everywhere, when stores started running out of TP, when the NBA suspended their season... people got scared. But because everything got locked down and stemmed the spread, then people started doing their own math saying it's not so bad yada yada yada... then the July peak happened... and people started following protocol again. Now we are in another surge and people still don't understand what we need to do?

But who cares right? It's only 1.5m dead... no one will miss them.

Before the pandemic I would make the comment to my wife that restaurants should provide more sick days or perhaps it should be regulated because we would inevitably be served by a waiter who had a cold and it would increase our chances of getting sick. I don?t remember if this is a requirement under the CARES act or not. But hopefully this is one of those things that changes in the long term where sick employees are monitored more closely. Or at least let me know a sick employee is working so I can go eat somewhere else :-)

irvinehomeowner said:
Mety said:
irvinehomeowner said:
@Mety:

With most flus, you are symptomatic when you are contagious (exceptions exist of course)... or they have a low transmission rate. With Covid, there are many cases of asymptomatic spread and a higher transmission rate.

This is why "staying home when you are sick" doesn't really work because many don't feel sick.

You can look at what the present status is, we have been in lockdown and semi-lockdown since March, people have been told to stay home when sick, distance, wear masks, wash hands etc... and yet we are over 85% ICU capacity in much of California and many other states.

If we were encouraged to do everything you wrote (bolded), except lockdown and semi-lockdown, I think the ICU or the clinicians capacity status would have been much lower than 85%. I know you think the other way, but that's what I think since I'm seeing people just reacting totally opposite from the stay-home-orders as I've pointed out to eyephone in the previous reply.

What did you bold that was not encouraged? How many ads, signs, etc talked about the safety protocols... were you asleep? No one was protesting when they were being told to stay six feet apart and wash your hands. But then once masks came into the picture all of sudden efficacy became a concern? I didn't see qwerty question the science of hand sanitizers and Clorox wipes.

Also you were saying to aquabliss those who didn't wear a mask would not stay home when they were sick. I think that's not true since most people stayed home when they were sick even before Covid era.

You totally missed the point. Even before Covid, sick people still went out. No one wants to burn a sick day if they don't have to, that's just how it is. So many sick people come into work because they save the sick days for when they want to go to Disneyland. :)

And my point was if they won't wear a mask, why would they stay home? Both things protect people but certain people don't care.

The problem started when we felt like we were being restricted, giving up our freedom. Again, just saying what I think. I could be wrong and I know you think I'm wrong. ;)

How is telling people to stay home if you're sick any more restrictive? Freedom is an excuse for individualism which I stated long ago was why it's so much harder to control Covid in the US.

Everyone has such a short memory, when Covid jumped the ocean and started showing up everywhere, when stores started running out of TP, when the NBA suspended their season... people got scared. But because everything got locked down and stemmed the spread, then people started doing their own math saying it's not so bad yada yada yada... then the July peak happened... and people started following protocol again. Now we are in another surge and people still don't understand what we need to do?

No, you misunderstood me. I don't think the mask was the trigger. I think the stay home order was. That was the restriction people started to go crazy with. That was when we started to lose businesses. That was when people started to feel like they didn't want to follow things like wearing masks. That was when people started to come out more and more when they were not "supposed to."

You said you're a Christian too. If you're really worried about people dying, saying 1.5m dead, are you worried that they would die without knowing Christ?

Mety said:
irvinehomeowner said:
Mety said:
irvinehomeowner said:
@Mety:

No, you misunderstood me. I don't think the mask was the trigger. I think the stay home order was. That was the restriction people started to go crazy with. That was when we started to lose businesses. That was when people started to feel like they didn't want to follow things like wearing masks. That was when people started to come out more and more when they were not "supposed to."

I disagree... the stay home order was fine at first. It's when it started getting politicized that these arguments about effectiveness of certain safety protocols popped up. Then the protests and whatever else came along.

You said you're a Christian too. If you're really worried about people dying, saying 1.5m dead, are you worried that they would die without knowing Christ?

Not sure how this question applies. I'm sad they if they didn't know Christ before they died, that they didn't get a chance to. And that's the point... dead is dead... these people are important, not just a statistic. This is why you can't smoke indoors, why we have seat belts and speed limits... it's a public health issue... not a political one.

irvinehomeowner said:
Mety said:
Not sure how this question applies. I'm sad they if they didn't know Christ before they died, that they didn't get a chance to. And that's the point... dead is dead... these people are important, not just a statistic. This is why you can't smoke indoors, why we have seat belts and speed limits... it's a public health issue... not a political one.

Got posted without writing anything...

I'm not a fan of turning it into a political discussion either.

There's been so many physical deaths talks here. No one really talks about spiritual deaths. I understand physical is all you'd care if you weren't a Christian, but as a believer I wanted to hear your opinion.

They may overturn the outdoor dining ban...

Judge rules in restaurant?s favor on county outdoor-dining ban

A judge halted Los Angeles County?s outdoor-dining ban in a ruling that would take effect after the current statewide order ends, city of Santa Clarita officials announced Tuesday.

?A preliminary injunction has been granted to halt the closure of outdoor dining in Los Angeles County,? read a Tweet posted Tuesday at 12:09 p.m. from the city?s social media account.

Santa Clarita City Council members recently authorized an amicus brief in support of the lawsuit filed on behalf of restaurants in L.A. County.

The injunction means when the state?s safer-at-home order expires, ?The county may not extend the outdoor dining ban without conducting an ?appropriate risk-benefit analysis,?? the Tweet read.

A spokesman for the California Restaurant Association, which brought the lawsuit, was working with officials on a response when contacted for comment Tuesday afternoon.

?Restaurants and their employees have faced tremendous hardships because of the county?s ban on outdoor dining, which followed a period of months during which public health officials encouraged outdoor activities, and restaurants invested in expanding and establishing outdoor spaces in order to serve their guests safely,? according to a previous statement from the California Restaurant Association.

L.A. County Supervisor Kathryn Barger has previously stated there?s been no proof that outdoor dining service is a serious threat if protocols are being followed.
[url]https://signalscv.com/2020/12/judge-rules-in-restaurants-favor-on-county-outdoor-dining-ban/[/url]

I?m curious why that injunction wouldn?t apply to the states order?it doesn?t seem like it should matter who directs it? Either way or should be supported by some evidence.

Mety said:
irvinehomeowner said:
946 hospitalized in OC, highest ever.

ICU is 87% full, only 13% left (math for qwerty).
https://occovid19.ochealthinfo.com/coronavirus-in-oc

(Mety may not believe the numbers)

Some numbers do seem a little unusual. For example, we're having so much lower heart attack deaths than other years and somehow Covid deaths are making up that leftover numbers...

You are mistaking they are not going to the ER for they are not dying.  Unfortunately, they are still dying.  And may be dying in higher numbers from heart attacks than previous years.

At Denver Health and other large hospitals across the metro area, the number of people showing up with cardiac emergencies dropped significantly as the state imposed increasingly strict measures encouraging people to stay at home to slow the virus? spread. And this was not unique to Colorado ? hospitals across the country and in Europe documented the same phenomenon. Had stay-at-home orders somehow also slowed heart attacks or were people in need of medical help simply not seeking it for fear of COVID-19?

A new study from Stauffer and several Denver Health colleagues offers the first clue to the answer in Colorado. Looking at data on ambulance calls in Denver, they found that, while overall calls for service went down during the stay-at-home period, the number of people dying from cardiac arrests at home shot up
https://coloradosun.com/2020/08/17/denver-coronavirus-deaths-heart-attack/

nosuchreality said:
Mety said:
irvinehomeowner said:

Some numbers do seem a little unusual. For example, we're having so much lower heart attack deaths than other years and somehow Covid deaths are making up that leftover numbers...

You are mistaking they are not going to the ER for they are not dying.  Unfortunately, they are still dying.  And may be dying in higher numbers from heart attacks than previous years.

At Denver Health and other large hospitals across the metro area, the number of people showing up with cardiac emergencies dropped significantly as the state imposed increasingly strict measures encouraging people to stay at home to slow the virus? spread. And this was not unique to Colorado ? hospitals across the country and in Europe documented the same phenomenon. Had stay-at-home orders somehow also slowed heart attacks or were people in need of medical help simply not seeking it for fear of COVID-19?

A new study from Stauffer and several Denver Health colleagues offers the first clue to the answer in Colorado. Looking at data on ambulance calls in Denver, they found that, while overall calls for service went down during the stay-at-home period, the number of people dying from cardiac arrests at home shot up

So you believe this "study?" Ok, that's your opinion.

Mety said:
nosuchreality said:
Mety said:
irvinehomeowner said:

If you have some data other than the memes going around from March asking where all the heart attacks are I?m open to seeing them.

Otherwise, I tend to believe the data I can see and what Doctors and Nurses I know IRL are telling me they are seeing first hand.

nosuchreality said:
Mety said:
nosuchreality said:
Mety said:
irvinehomeowner said:

If you have some data other than the memes going around from March asking where all the heart attacks are I?m open to seeing them.

Otherwise, I tend to believe the data I can see and what Doctors and Nurses I know IRL are telling me they are seeing first hand.

Believe or not I appreciate your links and knowledge put here. I'm 100% positive you're spending more time on studying about this virus than me.

However, I would appreciate even more if you were not just assuming things out of nowhere. Things like I'm saying typical GOP slogans or I'm getting things from memes, etc. I'm neither a Trump supporter nor have seen any memes about this claim at all. I hope you would see my genuineness even if I might sound or actually am a little uneducated than you. Thanks.

For Mety:

tinfoil-480x320.jpg

irvinehomeowner said:
For Mety:

tinfoil-480x320.jpg

Are you saying heroin or conspiracy theory? If the latter, I used to believe such thing was nonsense, but more and more I see things happening these days, I'm actually starting to think that's not a total impossibility.

@Mety:

You keep saying you are seeing things but you don?t post the evidence to prove it.

It?s like voter fraud.

And yes, the tinfoil is for your hat.

irvinehomeowner said:
@Mety:

You keep saying you are seeing things but you don?t post the evidence to prove it.

It?s like voter fraud.

And yes, the tinfoil is for your hat.

What have I said that is not in the ?data??

Nothing to see here, please move along. Bummer for Governor Noem's smart mouth since that purple blob worse than the Bronx is Sioux Falls wth 1/3rd of her States population.

While the cumulative death toll there continues to exceed the total anywhere else, it is no longer the case that New York City has seen the most deaths when controlling for population. In fact, 7.1 percent of counties in the United States have now seen more deaths as a function of population than have been seen in Manhattan, the New York City borough that saw the fewest deaths per capita. Two percent of counties have exceeded the overall rate of deaths seen across New York City, with about half of those counties even exceeding the number of deaths per population seen in the Bronx.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...population-coronavirus-deaths-than-manhattan/

Back