coronavirus

NEW -> Contingent Buyer Assistance Program
Hope everyone had a safe Thanksgiving.

November numbers are double October... and medical professionals predict that the holiday will create more surge.

Keep wearing that mask qwerty!

irvinehomeowner said:
Hope everyone had a safe Thanksgiving.

November numbers are double October... and medical professionals predict that the holiday will create more surge.

Keep wearing that mask qwerty!

Day 4 of post turkey day gathering. No symptoms so far :-)

Still wearing mask :-)

You'll die if you eat out!!! ... Is my table ready yet?...

County official votes to ban ?dangerous? outdoor dining in L.A. ? then goes out to eat

A Los Angeles County supervisor backed a ban on outdoor dining as coronavirus cases soar. Hours later, she went out to eat at her favorite restaurant.

At a contentious Board of Supervisors hearing Nov. 24, Supervisor Sheila Kuehl called outdoor dining ?most dangerous? before joining a 3-2 majority for a temporary ban to take effect the next day, KCBS reported.

A Kuehl spokesman confirmed that she later had dinner on the patio at Il Forno, an Italian restaurant in Santa Monica, before the ban took effect, KTTV reported.

?Like so many people in Los Angeles, she has a favorite place to eat and is saddened that so many restaurants are suffering from lost business,? the spokesman said, KABC reported

https://www.sacbee.com/news/coronavirus/article247527485.html

We all need to move to the French Laundry...they obviously have discovered how to safely serve food and are immune to the Vid....share!!!

San Francisco mayor London Breed - who imposed first city-wide lockdown - dined at the French Laundry restaurant the night after Gov. Gavin Newsom's infamous party
San Francisco Mayor London Breed reportedly dined at the French Laundry
Breed is said to have celebrated socialite Gorretti Lo Lui's 60th birthday on November 7 at the three-star Michelin restaurant in Yountville
The group dined in a similar room as Gov Gavin Newsom did on November 6
Breed had taken a few days off after the November 3 election and joined seven others at the gathering - its unclear who all attended
Just three days after dining at the restaurant, Breed banned indoor dining in San Francisco altogether
Breed also issued the first major city-wide lockdown in the U.S. at the start of the pandemic

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9007783/San-Francisco-mayor-London-Breed-dined-French-Laundry-restaurant-Gov-Newsom.html

And currently hospitalized in the OC is 648, we haven't been this high since July. The increase in 3-day average is over 20%.

ICU is up to 158... which is 77% capacity.

So yeah... keep wearing those masks because the numbers do know.

irvinehomeowner said:
And currently hospitalized in the OC is 648, we haven't been this high since July. The increase in 3-day average is over 20%.

ICU is up to 158... which is 77% capacity.

So yeah... keep wearing those masks because the numbers do know.

So at this point what is more effective? Masks or not getting together? To get into any store you need a mask. So the spread probably isn?t coming from stores. So does that point to people just getting together inside peoples homes or other places and not wearing masks?  It seems the better advice at this point is avoid social interaction all together?

Cuomo said 65% of spread in NY is due to small gatherings @home.  They closed and limited restaurants and bars in NY and so the spread slowed there, but people......like nature..............found a way.

Sat just yesterday and had a beer and Beef Dip out on a patio in OC.  Counted 30 people including the servers.  No one is listening or enforcing for that matter.

California's Democratic politicians can't seem to follow their own coronavirus advice

Then there's the case of San Jose Mayor Sam Liccardo. On November 25, Liccardo tweeted this: "Cases are spiking, in part because we're letting our guard (and masks) down with family & friends. Let's cancel the big gatherings this year and focus on keeping each other safe."
Good advice! Which he did not follow! His office confirmed that he traveled to his parents' home for Thanksgiving where eight people from five different households attended. "I understand that the state regulations, issued on November 13th, limit the number of households at a private gathering to three," Liccardo said in a written apology issued Tuesday. "I apologize for my decision to gather contrary to state rules, by attending this Thanksgiving meal with my family."
Taken together, the bevy of Democratic politicians willing to bend or even break the rules they are asking their constituents to heed in hopes of mitigating the spread of Covid-19 is an avalanche of hypocrisy. And it is a very bad look.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/ushome/index.html

zubs said:
Cuomo said 65% of spread in NY is due to small gatherings @home.  They closed and limited restaurants and bars in NY and so the spread slowed there, but people......like nature..............found a way.

I'm surprised its that low.  That's one person gets it working, shopping etc and gives it to two others at the unprotected family gatherings.

To me that means community spread is actually really high.  Its actually even worse if they are counting spread from a family gathering in that 65%.  I.e. Subsequent family spread when one member gets it.

Then there is the is it just a BS stat to prop up there current political position.

BTW, noticed on my weekly errand run today that people seem to be even more minimally compliant.  Maybe I'm just jaded after walking past the chin diapering old idiot ranting to their acquaintance that the FBI must be in on the election fraud.

The Hill: Controversial Trump adviser resigns as COVID-19 rages

Advisor Scott Atlas resigned from the Trump administration?s COVID-19 task force following controversial comments and public health stances. Stanford University faculty, with whom he worked as a fellow, recently condemned his claims.
https://thehill.com/changing-americ...ntroversial-trump-advisor-resigns-as-covid-19

Not shocking or surprised. 1. He should have never been hired. 2. I do not think of it matters if he left or not. He really misinformed the WH and the American public.

The Hill Article:
White House warns COVID-19 cases at dire levels, says patient care could be compromised

The White House coronavirus task force is issuing a dire warning to states, writing that given the already rampant spread of the virus across the U.S., a further surge in cases following Thanksgiving threatens to overwhelm the health care system and compromise patient care.

It calls on local health officials to take matters into their own hands and issue warnings to the public.

?If state and local policies do not reflect the seriousness of the current situation, all public health officials must alert the state population directly,? it states.
https://thehill.com/policy/healthca...ses-at-dire-levels-says-patient-care-could-be

I think almost all of us knew this. (nothing new) But they issued a statement to the non believers.

Finally Trump can stand down and shut the fuck up and let the adults take charge.

This should have been done from the start.

Let's get the country back on track dammit

COUPLE ARRESTED FOR BOARDING SFO FLIGHT TO HAWAII AFTER POSITIVE COVID-19 TEST

A Hawaii couple who traveled from San Francisco International Airport to Kaua'i has been arrested for boarding the flight when they knew they were positive for COVID-19, the mayor of Kaua'i announced.
https://abc7news.com/san-francisco-...travel-kauai-quarantine-restrictions/8446367/

Just imagine if they didn?t catch the husband and wife boarding the plane. They could have potentially spread covid to the entire airplane.

Those idiots did fly.  They were arrested in Lihue.

Shouldn?t we ask how the setup is on the ?trust? just allowing them to walk out of quarantine and still got on the plane?

qwerty said:
As momo said, if people were more concerned about taking care of themselves and doing whatever you need to to protect yourself and your family we would probably be better off.

It would be helpful if everyone wore masks. what we don?t need is the mask wearers trying to shame the non mask wearers. If anything, it probably riles up the non-mask wearing crowd.  Nobody likes to be told what to do, so when you tell a non masker to wear a mask now they will more likely resist.  Most businesses would enforce mask rules anyway, which is where you would most likely encounter people. It?s pretty easy to stay away from non-maskers if you want to. So no need to worry about them. Because you wear a mask (I do out of courtesy to others) doesn?t make you morally superior. It just means you have different morals. We just need to respect differing opinions and keep it moving. 

Yea, well The Whitehouse Task force advice for Tennessee

"It must be made clear that if you are over 65 or have significant health conditions, you should not enter any indoor public spaces where anyone is unmasked due to the immediate risk to your health; you should have groceries and medications delivered," the report said.
https://www.wbir.com/article/news/h...-risk/51-79d17d71-95bf-4132-84e3-a7bf57c7e0af

Back