coronavirus

NEW -> Contingent Buyer Assistance Program
Irvinecommuter said:
Mety said:
Irvinecommuter said:
Mety said:
No, they're not communist countries. I was saying the style you talk or command people are so communist-like. IC also told me to delete my post. You many times tell me and others to stop posting stuff. That's what I'm calling communists style. Finally understood?

1)  I never told you to delete your post.  I suggest that you edit or delete false data/misrepresentation.  Bearing false witness is no bueno.

2)  What is it with you the communist countries?  You think communist countries are the only ones that infringe on human rights and authoritarian? 

People in Taiwan, Japan, SK, Australia, NZ etc. do what they do in part because they care about other people...go read the social media posts and YTubers from Taiwan talking about how it is important for everyone to wear mask so that COVID doesn't get out of control. 

Taiwan never locked down...it did restrict travel and mandate quarantee for incoming travelers and those with symptoms/sick but most of Taiwan went on as usual...people were just convinced by a strong and coherent government that doing this is in the best interest.  Taiwan govt didn't downplay it...they made it serious and people understood it as serious. 

Their government didn't abandon them to the whims of private industries and the marketplace.  It took actions to provide people with PPE and gave daily briefing from experts and scientists about the situation and what was being done.  That is how you instill trust.

What I've been saying might have sounded different than what you're saying, but if you look closely, that's not the case. We both are saying let's wear a mask and practice some distance with others. The only difference is I think that should be practiced voluntarily and you think it should be a mandatory.

Do you really think people in the US is not doing enough of wearing masks and staying home as much as people from Taiwan or Korea? Do you think people don't care about others as much here? What are the things we're doing wrong? Is it all Trump's fault?

Clearly "voluntarily" does not work...it didn't in the red states where they are dealing with a huge outbreak...it didn't work in Sweden...it didn't work in Europe after they relaxed the restriction.  You actually think that governors and government officials want to shut everything down?  You think that Gavin Newsome likes being called out for being a hypocrite? 

Yes..I do think people in the US are not doing enough...60 to 70 percent compliance is not sufficient.  We don't live in bubbles...we cannot' just dome off California from other more less restrictive areas.  The pattern of spread was exactly as predicted and yet you and other skeptics are like "what...people can't police themselves?"

I don't think it is all Trump's fault...I said that before but as the President of hte United STates...he is responsible for the welfare of the citizens of this country.  He chose not to take on that responsibility and instead handed it off to governors to handle and then blame them for screwing it up. 

I made this analogy before...if California and New York were invades by a foreign army or agents...would the proper response from the Federal government:  "You know what California and New York...you handle it and we will totally back you up..."

When 9/11 happened, did the federal government go..hey Rudy/NYC you handle it?  No...freaking FBI and NSA were at ground zero as soon as it was safe to be there trying to figure out what happened and how to stop it.  In this case, the federal government knew the risks and issues and said "what me?"

That's is negligence, malpractice, ,and borderline criminal.

Umm.. so all you're saying is we should make masks and social distancing mandatory, not voluntary, right?

Kenkoko said:
The fact that TIers and Americans are still debating this 10 months into the pandemic really says a lot about us.

Does it really matter how we feel about it individually?

The more we whine about government infringing on our freedom the longer we will collectively suffer.

Can't believe so many people still do not understand it.

Keep whining

Debating what? I don't think anyone's debating here. We're just sharing our beliefs freely. That's very American indeed. Something you can't do in some other countries since they watch and tell you to delete your message or they even delete it for you. Some even beat you up. Is that what we really want? To get things in control, right?

Understand what? All we can do anyways is wear a mask. I mean you can't even go to Ralphs unless you wear a mask now so we're doing our parts fine.

I think whining goes for everyone here since no one ever changes their views on anything but keep saying the same thing over and over.

Irvinecommuter said:
Kenkoko said:
Drop you American exceptionalism for a minute, take a vacation to Taiwan and come back.

You will be whining just like I am.

I so want to go back to Taiwan or Korea...need to renew citizenships.

You're both Taiwanese and Korean?

Kenkoko said:
qwerty said:
Kenkoko said:
The fact that TIers and Americans are still debating this 10 months into the pandemic really says a lot about us.

Does it really matter how we feel about it individually?

The more we whine about government infringing on our freedom the longer we will collectively suffer.

Can't believe so many people still do not understand it.

Keep whining

How very American of you to complain about others. Almost sounds like whining :-)

Kind of ironic

Drop you American exceptionalism for a minute, take a vacation to Taiwan and come back.

You will be whining just like I am.

Why not N. Korea? They have zero Covid case.

Mety said:

Are you going for some comedic effect by throwing out a hyperbole?

or does Taiwan equates to N. Korea in your world view?

If latter is the case, then it's no wonder why my point flew right pass you.

Kenkoko said:
Mety said:

Former. Why not have some entertainment time to time? I thought Trump was pretty entertaining, but Biden almost beats him. Lately Rudy has been the best.

Kenkoko said:
Mety said:

Mety is the Rudy of TI don?t mind him.

Bloomberg: Sweden Rejects Face Masks as Covid Cases Soar, ICU Beds Fill Up

Sweden, which has a much higher Covid death rate than other Nordic countries, has so far avoided a lockdown. The country has instead relied on voluntary measures in an effort to get Swedes to stay far enough apart to avoid infecting each other.
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...ce-masks-as-covid-cases-soar-icu-beds-fill-up

CNBC: No-lockdown Sweden toughens up restrictions as coronavirus cases rise

On Monday, it announced that public gatherings of more than eight people were no longer allowed.

Prime Minister Stefan Lofven announced the new limit on gatherings, lowered from a previous limit of 50 people (or 300 people for some cultural or sporting events), signaling a more aggressive approach to containing the spread of infections.
https://www.cnbc.com/2020/11/17/swe...irus-rules-as-infections-and-deaths-rise.html

eyephone said:
Kenkoko said:
Mety said:

Mety is the Rudy of TI don?t mind him.

Hey at least I don't have a sweat from the black ink on my face.

So I'm torn on the outside dining being closed in LA County.

I think the problem is that there are too many cases of large groups of people socializing without masks behind the "dining outside" shield.

Maybe they limit it to parties of 4 or less but closing it down just seems bad for these places right before Thanksgiving when they've probably already pre-ordered their food.

Fox News: 15 relatives contract coronavirus after birthday celebration: 'Don't be like my family'

A Texas family is using their personal experience to warn others against gathering for celebrations ahead of Thanksgiving after 12 of them allegedly contracted coronavirus at a birthday dinner held earlier this month, eventually spreading it to three others who didn?t go to the party.
https://www.foxnews.com/health/15-relatives-contract-coronavirus-after-birthday-celebration

The entire state of Iowa is now out of staffed beds, Eli Perencevich, an infectious-disease doctor at the University of Iowa, told me. Worse is coming. Iowa is accumulating more than 3,600 confirmed cases every day; relative to its population, that?s more than twice the rate Arizona experienced during its summer peak, ?when their system was near collapse,? Perencevich said. With only lax policies in place, those cases will continue to rise. Hospitalizations lag behind cases by about two weeks; by Thanksgiving, today?s soaring cases will be overwhelming hospitals that already cannot cope. ?The wave hasn?t even crashed down on us yet,? Perencevich said. ?It keeps rising and rising, and we?re all running on fear. The health-care system in Iowa is going to collapse, no question.?

In the imminent future, patients will start to die because there simply aren?t enough people to care for them. Doctors and nurses will burn out. The most precious resource the U.S. health-care system has in the struggle against COVID-19 isn?t some miracle drug. It?s the expertise of its health-care workers?and they are exhausted.
http://theatlantic.com/health/archive/2020/11/third-surge-breaking-healthcare-workers/617091/

And people can't even be bothered to put on a mask or make their own turkey.

If Biden's Celebrity Press Liaison Cardi B says its OK, then I guess its OK for all of us....

Cardi B claps back after fans 'offended' by her 37-person Thanksgiving dinner

...she of course responded, with a sincere yet equally idgaf apology. Once again taking to Twitter, she wrote, ?Sorry my bad wasn?t trying to make nobody feel bad.I just had my family in my home for the first time and it felt so good & uplifted me. I spent soo much money getting every1 tested but it felt worth it. I wasnt trying to offend no1.?

https://www.radio.com/q102sf/news/cardi-b-claps-back-at-fans-offended-by-thanksgiving-dinner

Rita Ora partying like its 1999...

In London on Saturday night, another singer Rita Ora broke the law by hosting a lavish 30th birthday party in a restaurant for 30 friends including model Cara Delevinge in breach of UK Govt lockdown rules. Earlier this year, Ms Ora ? whose mother is a health worker - launched a range of coronavirus themed merchandise including a 'Stop the Spread' T-shirt designed to encourage people to do their bit to suppress the virus. If only she could read her own logo!

Back