coronavirus

NEW -> Contingent Buyer Assistance Program
irvinehomeowner said:
qwerty said:
irvinehomeowner said:
I'm not sure how many of us make more than $400k and if you do... you should pay higher taxes. :)

Biden is not a only a disservice to me, but a disservice to you. The more I pay under Biden, the less hundreds I have to place on backboards around Irvine :-)

I wouldn?t mind paying more in taxes if it was put to good use. But the governments answer to the problems is creates for itself is more more money for a bigger government. It?s a downward spiral with no end in sight.

I agree that gov't spending is out of hand... but recently, it doesn't seem to matter what party is in charge... they both do it.

And again, if you are making over $400k, you should pay more taxes... because anyone making more than that is probably taking advantages of loopholes that us 99%ers don't have access to.

Unfortunately for me I am a W2 employee so don?t have the benefit of the loopholes you speak of.

Also, I?ve never been a fan of the progressive tax structure. It is inherently unfair. The rich would be paying more in actual dollars even if we had a flat tax. Even in my early 20s when I didn?t make as much I was never a fan of the progressive tax system and I grew up poor so it would have been easy for me to come from the viewpoint that the rich should pay more.

Kind of off topic, but if both mom and dad work and they each make about $200k a year,

plus some freelance gigs here and there,

$400k is not something unbelievable for TalkIrviner

since most o y'all said you live in $1.5m+ homes here.

@qwertrumper:

W2 employees can take advantage of loopholes too.

I don't like high taxes or big gov either... but I don't think Trump is any better than Biden when it comes to tax cuts or increases.

But if figures you side with The Big Orange... you guys think the same about coronavirus. :)

... and back on topic!!!

For someone who normally seems quite financially literate, I wonder why you do not appear to appreciate the consequences of a marginal rate when using the word 'confiscate'.

An extra 3% of the $1 over $400k in income is 3 cents extra in taxes.

120,048 new coronoavirus cases on Thursday.

South Dakato testing positivity hits 50%.

Nebraksa, Iowa and Missouri hospitals warn they face a shortage of ICU beds and nurses.

zubs said:
trump said the corona virus would disappear after the election.
I guess he lied?

NOW I GET IT.

Trump is extending the election as long as possible to get the vaccine out...what a man of his word!

Well, I was wrong that it didn't disappear on November 4rth....it took 5 more days!!!  Merica!!

Pfizer, BioNTech say Covid vaccine is more than 90% effective??great day for science and humanity?

Dr. Albert Bourla, chairman and CEO of Pfizer, hailed the trial results as a ?great day for science and humanity.?
Pfizer and BioNTech said the case split between vaccinated individuals and those who received a placebo indicated a vaccine efficacy rate of above 90% at seven days after the second dose.
It means that protection from Covid-19 is achieved 28 days after the initial vaccination, which consists of a two-dose schedule.

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/11/09/covid-vaccine-pfizer-drug-is-more-than-90percent-effective-in-preventing-infection.html

morekaos said:
But they will need to be part of it for distribution...thank you President Trump, you were right again! ;D ;) >:D

He didn?t do shit regarding the Pfizer vaccine. We all know you like to lie more than Ted.

eyephone said:
morekaos said:
But they will need to be part of it for distribution...thank you President Trump, you were right again! ;D ;) >:D

He didn?t do shit regarding the Pfizer vaccine. We all know you like to lie more than Ted.

Sure they did...

Pfizer was indeed supported by the US government, because the company agreed in July a $1.95 billion deal to buy the vaccine, once it was ready.

James Surowiecki, an author and business journalist, said: ?The US precommitted to pay $1.95 billion for 100 million doses of Pfizer's vaccine once it was approved, regardless of whether other vaccines were available/better. That gave Pfizer the certainty to invest in its development. It is, in fact, a partnership.?

eyephone said:
They did not get any grants/loans from the US government relating to covid.
Future POs is nothing to brag about.

Well if you know you can get $2B in revenue and the R&D and manufacturing cost you $1B you are probably going to to be very incentivized to put out a vaccine sooner rather than later. So while Pfizer did not get any money from the US for development it is hard to argue they were not incentivized by the US government.

eyephone said:

...and who do you think has to approve and distribute that vaccine?...Warp speed strikes again!!
;D

qwerty said:
eyephone said:

Well if you know you can get $2B in revenue and the R&D and manufacturing cost you $1B you are probably going to to be very incentivized to put out a vaccine sooner rather than later. So while Pfizer did not get any money from the US for development it is hard to argue they were not incentivized by the US government.
https://www.fiercepharma.com/pharma...takes-1-5b-coronavirus-vaccine-order-from-u-s

Moderna received around 1.5 billion in r&d and J&J received around 456 million for r&d.

Back