coronavirus

NEW -> Contingent Buyer Assistance Program
eyephone said:
eyephone said:
Trump to fire Fauci after the election.
https://youtu.be/OehUQl42j4I

*Forget doctors and science. I guess a crowd at a Trump rally can sway US COVID policy. lol

Chris Evans calls Trump a giant meatball over presidents plans to fire Fauci (the Avengers/Captain America actor)

This actual meatball wants to fire the US?s top infectious disease expert during a pandemic, wrote Evans.
https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-...vans-trump-fauci-giant-meatball-b1536038.html

And we should care what Chris Evans, proud graduate of Lincoln-Sudbury Regional High School, has to say about National Pandemic policy because?.... :D ;D ;) >:D

morekaos said:
eyephone said:
eyephone said:
Trump to fire Fauci after the election.
https://youtu.be/OehUQl42j4I

*Forget doctors and science. I guess a crowd at a Trump rally can sway US COVID policy. lol

Chris Evans calls Trump a giant meatball over presidents plans to fire Fauci (the Avengers/Captain America actor)

This actual meatball wants to fire the US?s top infectious disease expert during a pandemic, wrote Evans.
https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-...vans-trump-fauci-giant-meatball-b1536038.html

And we should care what Chris Evans, proud graduate of Lincoln-Sudbury Regional High School, has to day about National Pandemic policy because?.... :D ;D ;) >:D

Only the smartest people (or maybe not) believe firing the top infectious disease expert maybe in the world is the best thing to do. If if Trump is elected or he steals the election 4 more years of do nothing about covid would be a big disaster. Trump keeps on saying covid is gone, but why it is a really big problem.

Well Eye, get ready for the walking dead...re-read the ?zombie proof house?, thread cause 4 more years are coming!! ;D ;) >:D

Part of me just wants Biden to win so people can see it won?t matter what the democrats think they can do against covid. But then I?ll just be stuck with covid and higher taxes. So at this point I?d rather just be stuck with covid and keep more of my money

qwerty said:
Part of me just wants Biden to win so people can see it won?t matter what the democrats think they can do against covid. But then I?ll just be stuck with covid and higher taxes. So at this point I?d rather just be stuck with covid and keep more of my money

qwermillionaire makes more than $400k!

qwerty said:
Part of me just wants Biden to win so people can see it won%u2019t matter what the democrats think they can do against covid. But then I%u2019ll just be stuck with covid and higher taxes. So at this point I%u2019d rather just be stuck with covid and keep more of my money

What are you taking about? Trump lied that covid is not serious.

Other countries that took covid seriously have a small problem with covid or do not have covid. Simple masks and social distancing and with no vaccine.
The 1918 flu there were 675,000 deaths in the US and 50 million world wide. (Approximately)

If we do not change our ways we might reach or surpass the 1918 flu. The previous President Woodrow Wilson got the 1918 flu. I read that he virtually ignored the disease in the US. (Hmm - sounds like Trump)

irvinehomeowner said:
qwerty said:
Part of me just wants Biden to win so people can see it won%u2019t matter what the democrats think they can do against covid. But then I%u2019ll just be stuck with covid and higher taxes. So at this point I%u2019d rather just be stuck with covid and keep more of my money

Money does not matter when your in hospital or dead.

The Hill Article: Regeneron stops enrolling critically ill COVID-19 patients for antibody drug trial

The suspension is due to a safety concern.
https://thehill.com/changing-americ...egeneron-stops-enrolling-critically-ill-covid

* I guess Qwerty or anyone cant get the special one of the kind treatment. (Qwerty previously joked around that he wants the same treatment as Trump.)

irvinehomeowner said:
qwerty said:

I?m sure there are plenty o this board who will be impacted if Biden manages to pass his tax increases.

I?m just a lowly w-2 worker :-)

We are only 5-6x the population size of some other countries but we have 20-30x the COVID cases...for someone to say that "nothing can be done" is just flat out lazy and bad leadership.

Cares said:
We are only 5-6x the population size of some other countries but we have 20-30x the COVID cases...for someone to say that "nothing can be done" is just flat out lazy and bad leadership.

Look at the distribution of those covid cases. No surprise really

irvinehomeowner said:
I'm not sure how many of us make more than $400k and if you do... you should pay higher taxes. :)

Biden is not a only a disservice to me, but a disservice to you. The more I pay under Biden, the less hundreds I have to place on backboards around Irvine :-)

I wouldn?t mind paying more in taxes if it was put to good use. But the governments answer to the problems is creates for itself is more more money for a bigger government. It?s a downward spiral with no end in sight.

qwerty said:
irvinehomeowner said:
I'm not sure how many of us make more than $400k and if you do... you should pay higher taxes. :)

Biden is not a only a disservice to me, but a disservice to you. The more I pay under Biden, the less hundreds I have to place on backboards around Irvine :-)

I wouldn?t mind paying more in taxes if it was put to good use. But the governments answer to the problems is creates for itself is more more money for a bigger government. It?s a downward spiral with no end in sight.

Are you sure? The SALT Deductions cap will be removed, help with student debt.
If Dems get control of the house and senate. Sorry many really super big companies are not paying a dime in taxes. Time to pay for companies to pay their fair share.

Did Trump have something to do with this?  ;)
IRS audits more poor taxpayers because it's easier, cheaper than targeting the rich
https://www.foxbusiness.com/money/irs-audits-poor-taxpayers-easier

Looks like Trump played this card correctly (According to a Dem)...

Trump won over voters with his 'very clever' position on the COVID pandemic because people rejected Biden's lockdown message, says veteran newsman Tom Brokaw
Tom Brockaw was on air on Tuesday night for NBC along with Lester Holt
The 80-year-old news veteran had rare praise for the president's tactics
Brockaw said Trump's 'very clever' downplaying of the pandemic helped him
He said it was what voters 'wanted to hear' and made them support him

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8915553/Trump-won-COVID-argument-people-rejected-Bidens-lockdown-message-says-Tom-Brokaw.html

qwerty said:
irvinehomeowner said:

I agree that gov't spending is out of hand... but recently, it doesn't seem to matter what party is in charge... they both do it.

And again, if you are making over $400k, you should pay more taxes... because anyone making more than that is probably taking advantages of loopholes that us 99%ers don't have access to.

An odd turn of thread subject matter here.

On topic - Wear a mask. KTHXBY

Off topic:

Not sure why an arbitrary number like $400,000 means someones earned income should be uniquely confiscated. Why not $399,900 or $400,001?

To be in the "Top 1 percent" isn't $400,000. It's somewhat based on the state income average. If you want to "tax the rich" for example in California, you have to raise that $400k amount to well over $500k. In essence, this $400k limit actually penalizes the upper middle class in some areas while in others the "rich" start at $700,000!  (Note link is 2018 income figures so add another $10k for inflation....)

[url]https://www.cnbc.com/2018/07/27/how-much-you-have-to-earn-to-be-in-the-top-1percent-in-every-us-state.html#:~:text=To%20be%20among%20the%20top,be%20in%20the%201%20percent.[/url]

As well, if you earn $375k then get a $50k one time bonus, why are you now the bad guy/girl? Why should you now pay more?

There are rock solid reasons why taxes should be paid however there is no moral basis for someone else determining another person's "fair share". Everyone like to point at the Gates, Musk's, or Bezo's of the world. Tell me something: Why should anyone be penalized for creating something out of nothing, then growing that company into what it is today, and finally paying themselves as they see fit out of the fruits of their own labor?

Anyone who wishes more tax revenue was paid can do so anytime voluntarily out of their own pocket. Until I've seen proof of someone actually doing this, everything that comes before that moment is mere jealousy and coveting.

My .02c

morekaos said:
irvinehomeowner said:
If you fell for that... you shouldn't be voting. :)

Tell that to about 70,000,000 of your fellow Americans.

I don't think all 70m are that naive. But there are many that are. The rest are just voting Red, not for Trump per se... many Reps don't like Trump.

Back