coronavirus

NEW -> Contingent Buyer Assistance Program
eyephone said:
You can say this and that about being bias. But who lied to the American people that the virus is nothing? In private he said it is a deadly virus.
Until today, he says people have nothing to worry about.

If I am making it up and spreading false rumors. Then maybe you have a point. But I am not. If it was a Democrat in office and I do would say something.

I was talking to nosuchreality in that post, but I can also talk to you if you want. ;)

Just out of curiosity, if Trump was a Democrat, would you still be pointing out all those things you do now?

Mety said:
eyephone said:
You can say this and that about being bias. But who lied to the American people that the virus is nothing? In private he said it is a deadly virus.
Until today, he says people have nothing to worry about.

If I am making it up and spreading false rumors. Then maybe you have a point. But I am not. If it was a Democrat in office and I do would say something.

I was talking to nosuchreality in that post, but I can also talk to you if you want. ;)

Just out of curiosity, if Trump was a Democrat, would you still be pointing out all those things you do now?

Yes

Mety said:
zubs said:
The official covid deaths is 217,000 after 8 months.
The average flu deaths is 37,000 after 12 months.

These are official numbers.  You find them all over the internet and that is the proof.
Can you prove the covid deaths were over counted and should only be 150,000 after 8 months?....Even then it's huge.

I believe the 217,000 number.

Did 10 million jews die in the holocaust?  or was it only 500,000?

CDC announced in late August that only 6% of people who died of COVID-19 actually have COVID-19 on their death certificate. Of course this does not mean only 6% of the official records are real COVID deaths either. But as much as the number 6% could be misleading, this "official number (217k as of today)" is misleading in so many ways. There is no clear record of solely COVID death. Most people just take the number 217k and say that many people died out of COVID whereas many of them were actually already dying with other complications. That is why the death certificate is important, but then that can't the be only record we can reply on either.

One thing we can try is we can compare the total death record/numbers (not just COVID death) from previous years. There was a spike in April 2020 by having about 20k more deaths and 10k more in July than the usual expected rate, but then the number goes down and now we're having about 3.8-7.8% more death rate than usual. That is still a great number, but that also speaks not all 217k deaths were solely driven by COVID. Here is the CDC record graphs you can see when you scroll down.  https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nvss/vsrr/covid19/excess_deaths.htm

If you want to believe the number as is, that's fine. No one can force you to believe something else. But I usually don't just trust the numbers they put out and tend to do a little more study myself.
https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/cdc-mortality-statistics/

And while we are at it having beaten horse many times before:

103 Million Americans have high blood pressure (note there's only about 200 million American Adults) so close to half.

102 Million Americans over the age of 20, have high cholesterol.

70 million Americans are obese with another 99 million over weight.

34 Million Americans are Diabetic with another 88 million that are pre-diabetic with the elevated blood sugar levels.

and that doesn't count all the other 'pre-existing conditions' like having had a skin cancer, pregnancy, anxiety, asthma, acne, thyroid condition, hammer toes and on and on.

nosuchreality said:
Mety said:
zubs said:

These are official numbers.  You find them all over the internet and that is the proof.
Can you prove the covid deaths were over counted and should only be 150,000 after 8 months?....Even then it's huge.

CDC announced in late August that only 6% of people who died of COVID-19 actually have COVID-19 on their death certificate. Of course this does not mean only 6% of the official records are real COVID deaths either. But as much as the number 6% could be misleading, this "official number (217k as of today)" is misleading in so many ways. There is no clear record of solely COVID death. Most people just take the number 217k and say that many people died out of COVID whereas many of them were actually already dying with other complications. That is why the death certificate is important, but then that can't the be only record we can reply on either.

One thing we can try is we can compare the total death record/numbers (not just COVID death) from previous years. There was a spike in April 2020 by having about 20k more deaths and 10k more in July than the usual expected rate, but then the number goes down and now we're having about 3.8-7.8% more death rate than usual. That is still a great number, but that also speaks not all 217k deaths were solely driven by COVID. Here is the CDC record graphs you can see when you scroll down.  https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nvss/vsrr/covid19/excess_deaths.htm

If you want to believe the number as is, that's fine. No one can force you to believe something else. But I usually don't just trust the numbers they put out and tend to do a little more study myself.

103 Million Americans have high blood pressure (note there's only about 200 million American Adults) so close to half.

34 Million Americans are Diabetic with another 88 million that are pre-diabetic with the elevated blood sugar levels.

and that doesn't count all the other 'pre-existing conditions' like having had a skin cancer, pregnancy, anxiety, asthma, acne, thyroid condition, hammer toes and on and on.

If you read your link instead of just reading the word, "false," it goes along with what I wrote above. Snopes is rating how it was worded and claiming false on how some political figures are using it to much misunderstanding, not necessarily saying the content is false, but thanks for the article.

Mety said:
nosuchreality said:
Mety said:
zubs said:

If you read your link instead of just reading the word, "false," it goes along with what I wrote above. Snopes is rating how it was worded and claiming false on how some political figures are using it to much misunderstanding, not necessarily saying the content is false, but thanks for the article.

If you read what you wrote you are using it just like politicians.  If you read what I wrote, you'd realize how few adults don't have anything.

If you read the link you put in, you'd realize that chart shows 10,000-20,000 excess deaths PER WEEK since April. 

nosuchreality said:
Mety said:
nosuchreality said:
Mety said:
zubs said:

If you read what you wrote you are using it just like politicians.  If you read what I wrote, you'd realize how few adults don't have anything.

If you read the link you put in, you'd realize that chart shows 10,000-20,000 excess deaths PER WEEK since April.

Only partly true on that bold statement you wrote. It went up and came down to be exactly accurate. It went up as high as 35.6-40.4%, but then came down to 3.8-7.8% exceeding death rate than usual as of now according to that CDC site and as I've stated earlier. I'm not sure why you would think I'm doing political games here. I only question if all those higher % are solely from COVID. You might think so. I don't. No political favoritism needs to be pulled here.

CDC reported excess deaths today of 299,000 over a typical years. 

Largest increase was in 25-44 year olds.

mm6942e2_ExcessDeathsCOVID19_IMAGE_20Oct20_1200x675-medium.jpg

This channel will return now to whistling past the graveyard.

nosuchreality said:
CDC reported excess deaths today of 299,000 over a typical years. 

Largest increase was in 25-44 year olds.

mm6942e2_ExcessDeathsCOVID19_IMAGE_20Oct20_1200x675-medium.jpg

This channel will return now to whistling past the graveyard.

That's 0.9% increase if you calculate with 328 million US population.
Sorry, that's 0.09%. My bad.

Also you forgot to add "Hispanic or Latino" from that image you posted.

Furthermore, it still does not say if those 2 out of 3 deaths from COVID-19 are solely from COVID-19 alone.

Nonetheless, it still is a great loss. Hope we get out of this mass soon.

Why is it that Covid cases are spiking in most of Europe even though they have mask mandates in most countries, including France and Germany?

USCTrojanCPA said:
Why is it that Covid cases are spiking in most of Europe even though they have mask mandates in most countries, including France and Germany?

Same reason they are in the midwest.  Compliance has been getting steadily more lax as fatigue sets in.  Those same countries are planning for protests and riots if they institute more lockdowns.

I think we all, including myself, are getting lax on safety.

Cases and hospitalizations are trending up in the US and we should be careful as we head into the cold/flu season.

Whether you think Covid is serious or not, I hope everyone stays healthy.

ALL Presidents change over their cabinets and advisors for their second term...nothing new with that.

Significant Cabinet-level turnover after a president?s re-election
highlights the need for 2nd-term transition planning

But second-term presidents also must focus on political
appointments, and in particular be prepared for significant turnover
in critical leadership jobs following their re-election.
An examination of about 60 important leadership positions?
Cabinet secretaries, deputy secretaries and undersecretaries at 15
major departments?shows that many were vacated at various points
following a president?s re-election, either by choice or because the
president wanted a change in leadership and fresh ideas.
[url]https://presidentialtransition.org/wp-content/uploads/sites/6/2019/11/Turnover-Report_11.7.19.pdf[/url]

I remember a few months ago there were studies that said Covid doesn't do well in the sun and humid weather... now that things are cooling down, especially in the Midwest, it seems like Covid is on the rise again... so maybe the scientists do know something.

But hey... we're rounding the corner right?

irvinehomeowner said:
I remember a few months ago there were studies that said Covid doesn't do well in the sun and humid weather... now that things are cooling down, especially in the Midwest, it seems like Covid is on the rise again... so maybe the scientists do know something.

But hey... we're rounding the corner right?

No my friend. It seems like the situation got worst. People will still talk about covid after the election contrarily what Trump has said. Many states the hospitals are at full capacity.

They say learn to live with it, but do not encourage to wear masks or social distancing. The super spreader events do not help also. (Rallies/protest/celebration of a title, etc)

eyephone said:
Trump to fire Fauci after the election.
https://youtu.be/OehUQl42j4I

*Forget doctors and science. I guess a crowd at a Trump rally can sway US COVID policy. lol

Chris Evans calls Trump a giant meatball over presidents plans to fire Fauci (the Avengers/Captain America actor)

This actual meatball wants to fire the US?s top infectious disease expert during a pandemic, wrote Evans.
https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-...vans-trump-fauci-giant-meatball-b1536038.html

Back