coronavirus

NEW -> Contingent Buyer Assistance Program
The republican side is not about getting infected anymore.  It's about not caring if you get it or not.
Sure, wear masks, but if you get it, most likely you will just feel bad for a week and be fine after.

That's why the message is "don't be afraid".  Get COVID and move on with your life.  stop being a pussy.

Someone does not seem caring enough...I thought they were doing everything right, why did they succumb?  virtue lapse caught them off guard?

Kamala Harris cancels North Carolina campaign swing and all travel until Sunday as her top staffer and member of flight crew test positive for COVID - but Joe Biden's plans are not affected
Two individuals with ties to Joe Biden's campaign tested positive for COVID
They were a non-staff flight crew member and Liz Allen, communications director to Senator Harris
Harris has tested negative but her upcoming campaign events are canceled
Doug Emhoff also tested negative but had his upcoming events canceled
Harris will be back on campaign trail on Monday and Emhoff on Friday 
Joe Biden is expected to hold his town hall on Thursday evening
His last negative test result was announced on Tuesday
Infected individuals flew with Harris on October 8
She traveled to Arizona that day to campaign with Joe Biden

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8843867/Kamala-Harris-cancels-campaign-swing-two-test-positive-COVID-Joe-Biden-not-affected.html

Do you guys think the mask wearing is going to stick around even after the covid vaccine and good therapeutics are available?

The flu kills a decent amount of folks and bringing the flu home to elders that ends up killing them (albeit fewer of them) doesn?t seem to have any sort of stigma.

However, bringing covid home and killing grandpa has a huge stigma. It?s as if bringing covid home was preventable and bringing home the flu wasn?t preventable and therefore acceptable?

I?m just curious if the passion for saving elders at home will continue? Is the concern only about killing them with covid and not the flu?

Trump just said that covid is ending by itself right now. Oh really?
Man, this guy can not stop lying. Maybe even more than Ted. Lol

There is another wave of people getting sick in the US and Europe.

qwerty said:
Do you guys think the mask wearing is going to stick around even after the covid vaccine and good therapeutics are available?

The flu kills a decent amount of folks and bringing the flu home to elders that ends up killing them (albeit fewer of them) doesn?t seem to have any sort of stigma.

However, bringing covid home and killing grandpa has a huge stigma. It?s as if bringing covid home was preventable and bringing home the flu wasn?t preventable and therefore acceptable?

I?m just curious if the passion for saving elders at home will continue? Is the concern only about killing them with covid and not the flu?

Let's back the false equivalency bus up.

The CDC average annual flu deaths is 35,900 year for the last ten seasons. 

We're at 216K for Covid and likely have a busy four and half months to get back to February.  Projections are for 240K by election day. 

I'm a proponent of the flu being a nasty killer that people need to treat more seriously, particularly with sending their kids to school kids or going to work sick. 

The flu equivalence panned repeatedly.  The real experts are panning herd immunity through infection route.  Herd immunity is great when it's doing thru vaccines and millions don't die.  Advocating 80% of the population get a disease that are current rates means 2+ million die, we haven't really projected more have serious health impacts from it or how many stuck with 'long haul' symptoms, isn't even foolhardy, it's dangerously stupid.

More importantly, it's the kind of idiotic idea that will result in the economy being a train wreck far longer than a real rational plan for tackling the issue and getting the economy going with safeguards.

nosuchreality said:
qwerty said:

We're at 216K for Covid and likely have a busy four and half months to get back to February.  Projections are for 240K by election day. 

I'm a proponent of the flu being a nasty killer that people need to treat more seriously, particularly with sending their kids to school kids or going to work sick. 

The flu equivalence panned repeatedly.  The real experts are panning herd immunity through infection route.  Herd immunity is great when it's doing thru vaccines and millions don't die.  Advocating 80% of the population get a disease that are current rates means 2+ million die, we haven't really projected more have serious health impacts from it or how many stuck with 'long haul' symptoms, isn't even foolhardy, it's dangerously stupid.

More importantly, it's the kind of idiotic idea that will result in the economy being a train wreck far longer than a real rational plan for tackling the issue and getting the economy going with safeguards.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but all 217k deaths are not from COVID-19 alone. Even CDC announced the majority percentages of COVID death are from patients with pre-existing conditions whereas 35,900 flu number might be by influenza by itself.

IMHO, as much as comparing COVID with flu is not always the right direction, saying all 217k deaths are all from COVID alone is not really the right idea either.

eyephone said:
Healthy people can die of covid.
Keep thinking only really sick people die of covid.

I agree with the first sentence you wrote. But the second sentence became your speculation which is not true of what I'm thinking.

Mety said:
eyephone said:

I agree with the first sentence you wrote. But the second sentence became your speculation which is not true of what I'm thinking.

How shall I say it so you can understand? If you do not have a preexisting condition and you get covid. You can be alive or die. 

Mety said:
nosuchreality said:
qwerty said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but all 217k deaths are not from COVID-19 alone. Even CDC announced the majority percentages of COVID death are from patients with pre-existing conditions whereas 35,900 flu number might be by influenza by itself.

IMHO, as much as comparing COVID with flu is not always the right direction, saying all 217k deaths are all from COVID alone is not really the right idea either.

Just no.  Talking point BS from the right wing propaganda sites. 

eyephone said:
Mety said:
eyephone said:

How shall I say it so you can understand? If you do not have a preexisting condition and you get covid. You can be alive or die.

I understand you fine. At least on this conversation. You have the knowledge and share them well. But when you start to speculate what's on someone else's mind, that's when wrong assumptions start to kick in. Not just with me, but I've seen quite a bit of you doing that with others as well. At least you are well educated on the information side though so you're alright.

nosuchreality said:
Mety said:
nosuchreality said:
qwerty said:

If that's your conclusion, then I'm sorry to say I haven't even been or don't even know where those right wing stuff is at. I tried to reason with facts, but then I guess you're blinded by your political bias. I'm ready to be educated by you or anyone so let us know when you're ready to put political agendas aside and have a civil conversation.

The official covid deaths is 217,000 after 8 months.
The average flu deaths is 37,000 after 12 months.

These are official numbers.  You find them all over the internet and that is the proof.
Can you prove the covid deaths were over counted and should only be 150,000 after 8 months?....Even then it's huge.

I believe the 217,000 number.

Did 10 million jews die in the holocaust?  or was it only 500,000?

Mety said:
eyephone said:
Mety said:
eyephone said:

I understand you fine. At least on this conversation. You have the knowledge and share them well. But when you start to speculate what's one someone else's mind, that's when wrong assumptions start to kick in. Not just with me, but I've seen quite a bit of you doing that with others as well. At least you are well educated on the information side though so you're alright.

I want to make sure you understand. I could of said learn how to read.
Like I previously said before: I want everybody to survive this.

Mety said:
nosuchreality said:
Mety said:
nosuchreality said:
qwerty said:

The flu kills a decent amount of folks and bringing the flu home to elders that ends up killing them (albeit fewer of them) doesn%u2019t seem to have any sort of stigma.

However, bringing covid home and killing grandpa has a huge stigma. It%u2019s as if bringing covid home was preventable and bringing home the flu wasn%u2019t preventable and therefore acceptable?

I%u2019m just curious if the passion for saving elders at home will continue? Is the concern only about killing them with covid and not the flu?

If that's your conclusion, then I'm sorry to say I haven't even been or don't even know where those right wing stuff is at. I tried to reason with facts, but then I guess you're blinded by your political bias. I'm ready to be educated by you or anyone so let us know when you're ready to put political agendas aside and have a civil conversation.

You can say this and that about being bias. But who lied to the American people that the virus is nothing? In private he said it is a deadly virus.
Until today, he says people have nothing to worry about.

If I am making it up and spreading false rumors. Then maybe you have a point. But I am not. If it was a Democrat in office and I would say something. 

zubs said:
The official covid deaths is 217,000 after 8 months.
The average flu deaths is 37,000 after 12 months.

These are official numbers.  You find them all over the internet and that is the proof.
Can you prove the covid deaths were over counted and should only be 150,000 after 8 months?....Even then it's huge.

I believe the 217,000 number.

Did 10 million jews die in the holocaust?  or was it only 500,000?

CDC announced in late August that only 6% of people who died of COVID-19 actually have COVID-19 on their death certificate. Of course this does not mean only 6% of the official records are real COVID deaths either. But as much as the number 6% could be misleading, this "official number (217k as of today)" is misleading in so many ways. There is no clear record of solely COVID death. Most people just take the number 217k and say that many people died out of COVID whereas many of them were actually already dying with other complications. That is why the death certificate is important, but then that can't the be only record we can reply on either.

One thing we can try is we can compare the total death record/numbers (not just COVID death) from previous years. There was a spike in April 2020 by having about 20k more deaths and 10k more in July than the usual expected rate, but then the number goes down and now we're having about 3.8-7.8% more death rate than usual. That is still a great number, but that also speaks not all 217k deaths were solely driven by COVID. Here is the CDC record graphs you can see when you scroll down.  https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nvss/vsrr/covid19/excess_deaths.htm

If you want to believe the number as is, that's fine. No one can force you to believe something else. But I usually don't just trust the numbers they put out and tend to do a little more study myself.

Back