coronavirus

NEW -> Contingent Buyer Assistance Program
PBS: Florida governor lifts all restaurant restrictions, bans mask fines as COVID-19 spreads

Gov. Ron DeSantis lifted all restrictions on restaurants and other businesses in Florida on Friday, and banned local fines against people who refuse to wear masks as he seeks to reopen the state's economy despite the spread of the coronavirus.

The Republican governor's order unleashed fresh debate in the politically divided state, where pandemic responses have become intertwined with the upcoming presidential election.
https://www.pbs.org/newshour/health...trictions-bans-mask-fines-as-covid-19-spreads

I guess things are doing fine in Florida with covid or maybe not.

So counties in Florida still have a mask mandate but it can?t really be enforced because they can?t issue fines.  I suppose they could arrest everyone but that?s a bit over the top.

And seems like businesses can still have right to refuse service for non mask wearing?  I don?t think Disney World will be letting anyone into the parks without a mask anytime soon.

A bit contradictory it seems.  I?d like to go back to Disney World but I?m not wearing a mask in that crazy humidity.

aquabliss said:
So counties in Florida still have a mask mandate but it can?t really be enforced because they can?t issue fines.  I suppose they could arrest everyone but that?s a bit over the top.

And seems like businesses can still have right to refuse service for non mask wearing?  I don?t think Disney World will be letting anyone into the parks without a mask anytime soon.

A bit contradictory it seems.  I?d like to go back to Disney World but I?m not wearing a mask in that crazy humidity.

So how about people that are not informed about Covid in Florida. They might think covid is not a problem. Since the governor removed the mask law.

I think it is reasonable to say for a safer environment. Masks should be required when going into a business.
How hard it is to wear a mask? I heard there was a big push back when seat belts were required when you are in a car.

Also, the previous Florida Governor Rick Scott encouraged Floridans to wear masks (now US Gop Senator) I guess there is a mixed Covid message Republicans are telling the people Florida. The current Florida GOP Governor says no masks.

eyephone said:
So how about people that are not informed about Covid in Florida.

JIMHO, the anti-mask crowd is not "not informed".  They are highly invested in the data their chosen media has pushed.  They can readily quote the childhood covid death rate to three significant digits, the percent of people still surviving from the total population and the low hospitalization rate in the doctor's office that is using Zinc and anti-malarial meds.

Seriously?  ...and don't forget to chew slow before you swallow!...Can't even try to make this crap up...

Newsom's office tells Californians to wear masks 'in between bites' of food when dining with members from same household in public

Gov. Gavin Newsom?s office told California residents they should wear masks ?in between bites? of food while dining in public spaces with people from the same household.

?Going out to eat with members of your household this weekend? Don't forget to keep your mask on in between bites,? the office of the governor tweeted over the weekend.

?Do your part to keep those around you healthy,? the tweet added.

Going out to eat with members of your household this weekend? Don't forget to keep your mask on in between bites.

Do your part to keep those around you healthy. #SlowtheSpreadhttps://t.co/snYe5v55Rw pic.twitter.com/Y4fcDO5Zke

? Office of the Governor of California (@CAgovernor) October 3, 2020

Wait so it's OK to bite without your mask on, but you just can't chew without your mask on.  Maybe Newsom can give us a demonstration on how this should work. 

So if masks are so effective and important in preventing the Vid,  why did the CDC just say this?...

?In the 14 days before illness onset, 71% of case-patients and 74% of control participants reported always using cloth face coverings or other mask types when in public,? the report stated.

Despite over 70 percent of the case-patient participants? efforts to follow CDC recommendations by committing to always wearing face coverings at ?gatherings with ?10 or >10 persons in a home; shopping; dining at a restaurant; going to an office setting, salon, gym, bar/coffee shop, or church/religious gathering; or using public transportation,? they still contracted the virus.
https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/69/wr/pdfs/mm6936a5-H.pdf

He just does not get it. Many Americans died way too many.
Joni the Senator from Iowa complained that two people died of Ebola under Obama in the US. I do not hear her complain about the hundred of thousands deaths under Trump.

A big time double standard.

You got me Eye...I really don't. I now personally know scores of people who have had the Vid (including family members).  Not one hospitalization, ventilation or death...not one.  One of my good friends who must have had 10 co-morbidities, Cancer, age, diabetes, heart condition,  weighed about 300lbs...(if this thing would kill someone.. he was the guy!.)  Tested positive 3 weeks ago, along with his whole family.  He had a temp for one day and is just fine now. ( he was petrified of getting it)  I myself am awaiting my antibody test to come back on my blood draw. (think i already had it).  This thing has mutated into a bad flu.  Infections will continue to rise but fatalities and hospitalizations will continue to fall like a rock. >:D

eyephone said:
Trump controls the CDC

Follow the Science...so what about the WHO?...

Oops: WHO Now Says Lockdowns Are a Bad Idea That Should Be Avoided

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/bronsonstocking/2020/10/11/who-reverses-position-on-lockdowns-weeks-before-the-election-n2577866

Heck even the New York Times has come arouned....

NYT: Experts Confident Pandemic To Be Over ?Far Sooner? Than Expected, Trump Efforts ?Working With Remarkable Efficiency?

The New York Times indicates that experts have ?genuine confidence? that the coronavirus pandemic will end ?far sooner? than originally expected and that President Donald Trump?s Operation Warp Speed ? the administration?s efforts to facilitate and accelerate the development, manufacturing, and distribution of vaccines, therapeutics, and diagnostics ? has been ?working with remarkable efficiency.?

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/10/12/health/coronavirus-pandemic-vaccine-optimism.html

No one believes your story. You used to be the go to guy on Talk Irvine regarding stocks. But your fake info really damaged your credibility.

morekaos said:
You got me Eye...I really don't. I now personally know scores of people who have had the Vid (including family members).  Not one hospitalization, ventilation or death...not one.  One of my good friends who must have had 10 co-morbidities, Cancer, age, diabetes, heart condition,  weighed about 300lbs...(if this thing would kill someone.. he was the guy!.)  Tested positive 3 weeks ago, along with his whole family.  He had a temp for one day and is just fine now. ( he was petrified of getting it)  I myself am awaiting my antibody test to come back on my blood draw. (think i already had it).  This thing has mutated into a bad flu.  Infections will continue to rise but fatalities and hospitalizations will continue to fall like a rock. >:D

At the end: I want people to be safe.
No matter what you believe in.
I say it again. If you want a plastic tube shove down your throat then role the dice with covid.

Back