The 2020 Presidential Election

NEW -> Contingent Buyer Assistance Program
Liar Loan said:
What you should be focusing on is making Irvine great again.  The "safest city" has lost its prestige ever since they went high density starting in the late 90's / early 2000's.  Crime is higher.  Test scores are dropping.  Much of the infrastructure is aging and looks like a late 80's hell hole.  Some of the new developments look like they were erected in the Soviet bloc.

A big, orange balloon that goes nowhere is a sad symbol of what Irvine has become.

I've been triggered!!!

Still haven't rode that balloon... but heard it has a great view of the best city on the planet. :)

#Irvine4Evah

yang with the waterworks this weekend.  sorry but i think most people don't want a president that breaks down when talking about important issues.

WATCH: Andrew Yang weeps at the effects of gun violence

Democratic presidential contender Andrew Yang broke down in tears while discussing gun safety at a town hall event in Iowa.

At the Everytown Gun Safety Town Hall on Saturday, Yang was asked a question by a woman who said her four-year-old daughter died from a stray bullet while her twin brother watched. She went on to ask what the 44-year-old tech entrepreneur would do to address unintentional shootings by children.

Yang got up after the question and asked the woman if he could hug her. Walking off the stage, the two embraced and shared some words that the microphone did not pick up. When Yang returned to the stage, he covered his face and appeared shaken.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/watch-andrew-yang-weeps-at-the-effects-of-gun-violence

Kings said:
yang with the waterworks this weekend.  sorry but i think most people don't want a president that breaks down when talking about important issues.

I?d rather have a real man who shows empathy and compassion as my president.

You probably just read an article but did not watch the actual video. He showed empathy and cried like a father. Then he recovered to provide a sensible solution (optional personalized gun)

If I were to be like you and think for " most people", I would say that a child being gunned down while his twin sibling watched is still upsetting for most people.

I am sorry you are already desensitized  :'(

Kenkoko said:
Kings said:

You probably just read an article but did not watch the actual video. He showed empathy and cried like a father. Then he recovered to provide a sensible solution (optional personalized gun)

If I were to be like you and think for " most people", I would say that a child being gunned down while his twin sibling watched is still upsetting for most people.

i did watch the video.  and yes, presidents need to be desensitized.  emotion is a human's greatest weakness.

Kings said:
Kenkoko said:
Kings said:

i did watch the video.  and yes, presidents need to be desensitized.  emotion is a human's greatest weakness.

WTF, it?s EMOTIONAL INTELLIGENCE is what needed, with the trumpsters. Don?t worry, we will soon have more AI and robots and remove the emotional part.

Morons!!!

Compressed-Village said:
Kings said:
Kenkoko said:
Kings said:

WTF, it?s EMOTIONAL INTELLIGENCE is what needed, with the trumpsters. Don?t worry, we will soon have more AI and robots and remove the emotional part.

Morons!!!

your emotion is showing  ;)

irvinehomeowner said:
Liar Loan said:
What you should be focusing on is making Irvine great again.  The "safest city" has lost its prestige ever since they went high density starting in the late 90's / early 2000's.  Crime is higher.  Test scores are dropping.  Much of the infrastructure is aging and looks like a late 80's hell hole.  Some of the new developments look like they were erected in the Soviet bloc.

A big, orange balloon that goes nowhere is a sad symbol of what Irvine has become.

I've been triggered!!!

Still haven't rode that balloon... but heard it has a great view of the best city on the planet. :)

#Irvine4Evah

Yes, I hear the many shades of beige are beautiful this time of year.

Liar Loan said:
irvinehomeowner said:
Liar Loan said:

I've been triggered!!!

#Irvine4Evah

They are beautiful all the time.

Just like the green grass and trees you don't see much of in many other cities. :)

But lawns and grass in your yard are so cakeist...so unwoke of you.

https://www.nytimes.com/video/us/100000006542254/climate-change-lawns.html?action=click&gtype=vhs&version=vhs-heading&module=vhs&region=title-area&cview=true&t=153

Lawns are contributing to pollution and climate change, asserts narrator David Botti, and their origins are far from woke, in a seven-minute video on the history of American lawns.

Botti says lawns are part of the ?colonizing of America,? which transformed the landscape from ?pristine wilderness? to ?identical rows of manicured nature.?

?These lawns come on the backs of slaves,? he continues, zooming in on a painting of George Washington in a field to highlight men cutting the grass with scythes. ?It?s grueling, endless work.?

?By the 1870s we also see American culture slowly start to embrace lawns for the privileged masses,? he states.

The video explains that the perfect lawn is associated with being a model citizen, how the first sprinkler was invented in 1871, and about the advent of ?so-called trade cards? that ?advertised the hell out of lawn and garden products.?

The Times also refers to the work of historian Ted Steinberg, who calls lawns the ?outdoor expression of ?50s conformism.?

To drive home the point, he inserts vintage footage of two women being interviewed in their yards talking about how they moved to their communities to live exclusively near other white people. Neither of them says anything about desiring, having, or maintaining a lawn.

irvinehomeowner said:
Liar Loan said:
irvinehomeowner said:
Liar Loan said:

I've been triggered!!!

#Irvine4Evah

They are beautiful all the time.

Just like the green grass and trees you don't see much of in many other cities. :)

Summertime in the LBC.

Back