Snowflakes

NEW -> Contingent Buyer Assistance Program
Which is why i said..." Graduate from an academy, and your life ticket is punched.  What you do with that gift is up to you."

morekaos said:
Which is why i said..." Graduate from an academy, and your life ticket is punched.  What you do with that gift is up to you."

No it?s not. I wonder where do you come up with this?

Wow, even at the Naval Academy has oversensitive Snowflakes in the crowd...how stupid is this that a hitch knot used to lift construction material triggered some fool who probably never worked a construction job in his life and just sees racism in tools? Anonymously reported of course....too funny but really sad.

Naval Academy probing apparent noose found in school building

Naval Academy Superintendent Vice Admiral Sean Buck said in a statement Friday that the noose was found in a construction zone off-limits to staff in Rickover Hall, the school's engineering building.

Carl Snowden is chairman of the Caucus of African-American Leaders. He says the caucus was contacted anonymously about a noose being hung on August 28, the 56th anniversary of the March on Washington led by the Rev. Martin Luther King Jr., when he gave his historic "I Have a Dream" speech. The group contacted the academy.

Buck said while it's possible the noose was part of a hoisting system to complete ductwork, the academy will investigate it because it "takes all allegations of race hate very seriously and is working quickly and diligently to determine the facts surrounding the reported incident, specifically why the reported incident was not brought to light sooner."

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/naval-academy-probing-apparent-noose-found-in-school-building/

i'll do you one better...table manners are now cakist!

Why the way we teach kids table manners is actually kind of racist

I?ve always believed that food tastes better when it?s delivered to your mouth by your hands, regardless of what you?re eating. But what feels important to say is that my dad was very clear that the technique he taught us was only for eating Indian food. He spent just as much time teaching us how to use a knife and fork and how to behave properly at the table, with all of the detailed instructions of an etiquette lesson. There was never any horsing around allowed at the table or complaining about not liking the food, and both my brother and I learned to tip our soup bowls forward and ladle up the last bit of soup away from us to avoid any accidental drips on our clothes.

As we grew up, we learned that there were times to eat with our hands and times to use cutlery and that this difference was largely dictated by the culture of the food we were eating. A roast chicken dinner needs a knife and fork to break down the meat and roasted vegetables into bite-sized pieces?plus, navigating through mashed potatoes and gravy is a hot mess with your fingers. But sandwiches and falafels are all about hands. And, of course, chopsticks make their way into the picture for noodles, sushi and dumplings. I have known my whole life that not all of the food around the world is eaten with a knife and fork.

Recently, I chatted with someone who told me a story about her young niece, who goes to a prestigious preschool and was eating rice with her hands at lunchtime. The feedback her parents received was that this child needed to work on her table manners and use proper cutlery to eat. I immediately felt a rush of anger bubble up inside me when I heard this. The message that eating food with your hands is an unmannered way to eat is a real problem for me because it is dripping with the control and shame of colonization, which is particularly dangerous in an educational context. Suggesting that a child who eats with her hands has no manners is an echo of European colonial powers looking to tame the wildness out of the people they controlled. These European table manners were imposed on conquered people in an attempt to ?civilize? them. It?s a damaging message about right and wrong ways to do things. It positions the technique as superior and the people who practise it as setters of the standard, leaving those with a different approach to eating with a status of inferiority. The idea of a single standard of acceptable table manners is just one of a host of strategies used to grow and promote racism. It?s a subtle message but one that is reinforced three times a day, every day, which makes it quite powerful.

Let me be clear here: I think it?s vitally important to teach children how to behave at a table. But I think we need to revisit what we?re teaching and how we?re teaching it. Recognizing diversity in cultural backgrounds and food traditions is essential, especially in a country as multicultural as Canada. We shouldn?t be teaching kids that they?re not supposed to eat with their hands at all or that eating with cutlery is a more refined or sophisticated way to eat. Different people eat their food in different ways. My father?s instructions were very detailed, with a big focus on being tidy and efficient and maintaining Hindu customs around cleanliness and purity. There is a very mannered way to eat with your hands, and there are more than a billion people around the world who eat this way.

I recently spoke with some friends of British descent, who recalled their own strict lessons at the dinner table about not touching a single thing on their plates with their hands, with the curious exception of unsauced asparagus, which is somehow given a pass. (Yep, this is actually an etiquette thing.) They talked about how much of their own tradition they had to set aside to become comfortable eating more than just sandwiches and fries with their hands.

The message we need to send to our kids is that there are many different ways to eat food and that they?re all worthy of respect and acknowledgement. We need to show them that good manners can look quite different from table to table, particularly here in Canada. A great way to start is to ensure that there?s real cultural diversity in the menus served to kids in schools and daycare centres so that they can be exposed to a variety of cuisines and how to eat them. Learning how to properly use a knife and fork is very important, but so is learning how to squeeze a slippery dumpling between chopsticks and how to tear the perfect piece of naan with just one hand.

https://www.todaysparent.com/family/parenting/why-the-way-we-teach-kids-table-manners-is-actually-kind-of-racist/

Everything is cakeist, just like everything else is somehow six degrees of separation from climate change.  They play a word game with both topics like Kevin Bacon.  Its maddening.

Even when it?s purely data driven snowflakes must have a litmus test to make it ?fair?.

'You should be ashamed': Forbes is SLAMMED after releasing a list of '100 most innovative leaders' that features just ONE woman (who is represented with a stock image of a MAN)

The publication released a list ranking the most innovative American CEOs
In the list, released Friday, it included 99 men and one female, Ross CEO Barbara Rentler, who didn't even get a picture in the publication
Backlash ensued on Twitter with people attacking the publication for its list
Forbes claimed its methodology to pick the CEOs came from data, but people accused it of falling into gender bias with the list
The publication has since apologized and called its methodology 'flawed'

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-7449051/Forbes-releases-list-100-innovative-leaders-ONE-woman.html

morekaos said:
Even when it?s purely data driven snowflakes must have a litmus test to make it ?fair?.

'You should be ashamed': Forbes is SLAMMED after releasing a list of '100 most innovative leaders' that features just ONE woman (who is represented with a stock image of a MAN)

The publication released a list ranking the most innovative American CEOs
In the list, released Friday, it included 99 men and one female, Ross CEO Barbara Rentler, who didn't even get a picture in the publication
Backlash ensued on Twitter with people attacking the publication for its list
Forbes claimed its methodology to pick the CEOs came from data, but people accused it of falling into gender bias with the list
The publication has since apologized and called its methodology 'flawed'

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-7449051/Forbes-releases-list-100-innovative-leaders-ONE-woman.html

the data is pieist!!

Showing other cultures a better way of living is not racist.

When Spain outlawed human sacrifice among Native Americans, the Native Americans were better off.

When Britain outlawed throwing live Indian widows on their husband's funeral pyres, the Indians were better off.

Eating rice with utensils is more sanitary and reduces disease.

Kings said:
i'll do you one better...table manners are now cakist!

Why the way we teach kids table manners is actually kind of racist

I?ve always believed that food tastes better when it?s delivered to your mouth by your hands, regardless of what you?re eating. But what feels important to say is that my dad was very clear that the technique he taught us was only for eating Indian food. He spent just as much time teaching us how to use a knife and fork and how to behave properly at the table, with all of the detailed instructions of an etiquette lesson. There was never any horsing around allowed at the table or complaining about not liking the food, and both my brother and I learned to tip our soup bowls forward and ladle up the last bit of soup away from us to avoid any accidental drips on our clothes.

As we grew up, we learned that there were times to eat with our hands and times to use cutlery and that this difference was largely dictated by the culture of the food we were eating. A roast chicken dinner needs a knife and fork to break down the meat and roasted vegetables into bite-sized pieces?plus, navigating through mashed potatoes and gravy is a hot mess with your fingers. But sandwiches and falafels are all about hands. And, of course, chopsticks make their way into the picture for noodles, sushi and dumplings. I have known my whole life that not all of the food around the world is eaten with a knife and fork.

Recently, I chatted with someone who told me a story about her young niece, who goes to a prestigious preschool and was eating rice with her hands at lunchtime. The feedback her parents received was that this child needed to work on her table manners and use proper cutlery to eat. I immediately felt a rush of anger bubble up inside me when I heard this. The message that eating food with your hands is an unmannered way to eat is a real problem for me because it is dripping with the control and shame of colonization, which is particularly dangerous in an educational context. Suggesting that a child who eats with her hands has no manners is an echo of European colonial powers looking to tame the wildness out of the people they controlled. These European table manners were imposed on conquered people in an attempt to ?civilize? them. It?s a damaging message about right and wrong ways to do things. It positions the technique as superior and the people who practise it as setters of the standard, leaving those with a different approach to eating with a status of inferiority. The idea of a single standard of acceptable table manners is just one of a host of strategies used to grow and promote racism. It?s a subtle message but one that is reinforced three times a day, every day, which makes it quite powerful.

Let me be clear here: I think it?s vitally important to teach children how to behave at a table. But I think we need to revisit what we?re teaching and how we?re teaching it. Recognizing diversity in cultural backgrounds and food traditions is essential, especially in a country as multicultural as Canada. We shouldn?t be teaching kids that they?re not supposed to eat with their hands at all or that eating with cutlery is a more refined or sophisticated way to eat. Different people eat their food in different ways. My father?s instructions were very detailed, with a big focus on being tidy and efficient and maintaining Hindu customs around cleanliness and purity. There is a very mannered way to eat with your hands, and there are more than a billion people around the world who eat this way.

I recently spoke with some friends of British descent, who recalled their own strict lessons at the dinner table about not touching a single thing on their plates with their hands, with the curious exception of unsauced asparagus, which is somehow given a pass. (Yep, this is actually an etiquette thing.) They talked about how much of their own tradition they had to set aside to become comfortable eating more than just sandwiches and fries with their hands.

The message we need to send to our kids is that there are many different ways to eat food and that they?re all worthy of respect and acknowledgement. We need to show them that good manners can look quite different from table to table, particularly here in Canada. A great way to start is to ensure that there?s real cultural diversity in the menus served to kids in schools and daycare centres so that they can be exposed to a variety of cuisines and how to eat them. Learning how to properly use a knife and fork is very important, but so is learning how to squeeze a slippery dumpling between chopsticks and how to tear the perfect piece of naan with just one hand.

https://www.todaysparent.com/family/parenting/why-the-way-we-teach-kids-table-manners-is-actually-kind-of-racist/

This makes national news?  May I suggest windex with old newspapers so as not to leave streaks...move on.

After racist slur discovered, students praise how St. Thomas handled the incident

University officials say a group of students discovered the N-word written in dust on a bathroom window in Ireland Hall late Wednesday night.

https://kstp.com/news/after-racial-slur-discovered-students-praise-how-ust-university-saint-thomas-handles-incident-response/5489978/?cat=1
https://youtu.be/yPCIsIJ7nhY

https://youtu.be/yPCIsIJ7nhY

morekaos said:
This makes national news?  May I suggest windex with old newspapers so as not to leave streaks...move on.

After racist slur discovered, students praise how St. Thomas handled the incident

University officials say a group of students discovered the N-word written in dust on a bathroom window in Ireland Hall late Wednesday night.

breaking news: every men's restroom everywhere has stuff like this

White liberals are offended that Yang refers to Asians as 'doctors' and 'good at math'.  Good thing they haven't seen what gets posted on TI on a daily basis!!

Andrew Yang: No apologies for the Asian jokes
Andrew Yang says he isn?t going to stop making Asian jokes. In fact, the entrepreneur-presidential candidate added another one in an interview Wednesday with POLITICO.

Asked whether the Democratic National Committee?s debate-qualifying thresholds had altered his campaign?s strategic approach, Yang initially stopped himself. ?I was about to tell an Asian joke,? he conceded to some laughter, including his own, before leaning in.

?I?m Asian, so I love tests,? he continued, adding that the DNC?s rules have been ?incredibly helpful? to him because he knows how many donors ? and what polling numbers ? he needs to aim for.

But during his unlikely rise, Yang has taken heat for playing up Asian stereotypes ? from all the physicians he?s personally familiar with (?Now, I am Asian, so I know a lot of doctors,? he said at the last debate), to his affinity for mathematics (?The opposite of Donald Trump is an Asian man who likes math,? he likes to say in closing his speeches).

Some supporters have said they see the jokes as self-deprecating and appropriate ?in-group? humor because Yang is Asian American. Yet, the quips aren?t landing with critics who say they help perpetuate labels they?ve spent years working to eliminate.
https://www.politico.com/story/2019/09/18/andrew-yang-asian-jokes-1502404

Forget Yang...Canada is being run by a Cakist!!!

EXCLUSIVE: Video shows Trudeau in blackface in 3rd instance of racist makeup

https://globalnews.ca/news/5922861/justin-trudeau-brownface-video/

Global News has obtained video showing Liberal Leader Justin Trudeau in blackface, the third instance of racist dress to come to light in 12 hours.

The video was shot in the early 1990s, however it?s not clear where it takes place.

The video, obtained exclusively by Global News, shows Trudeau covered in what appears to be dark makeup and raising his hands in the air while laughing, sticking his tongue out and making faces. He?s wearing a white T-shirt, and his jeans are ripped at the knees. It appears as though his arms and legs are covered in makeup as well.

It does not appear the video was shot at the same time and place as the other photos of Trudeau in racist makeup that have emerged in the past 24 hours.

https://globalnews.ca/news/5922861/justin-trudeau-brownface-video/

Liar Loan said:
White liberals are offended that Yang refers to Asians as 'doctors' and 'good at math'.  Good thing they haven't seen what gets posted on TI on a daily basis!!

Since Belly left, there aren't that many Asian stereotype posts as before.

Back