NBA 2014-2015

NEW -> Contingent Buyer Assistance Program
irvinehomeowner said:
Miami started off bad the first year of the Lebroncision. Cleveland will be one of the top teams after All-Star break,

I think it's less about Kobe's ability and more about his attitude. That's why Dwight left (rumored).

I'll tell you why Cleveland will not be as good as advertised. Kyrie does not distribute the ball. They need a true pg. Also, Lebron is not posting up.

Dwight didn't even want to run the pick and roll. ( according to Nash) Did you miss it? Durant called Dwight a $$$$$. This is what Gary Payton, NBA analyst @ Fox Sports Live, said regarding Howard.
"I think he's disliked by a lot of players now," Payton said during Fox Sports Live. "They're starting to dislike him a lot. Because what Dwight does is, you know, you see all the smiles and all the antics. That is getting on people's nerves. That's getting on players' nerves. And then when he does things, he's always at people, at people. To get this guy right here, Kevin Durant, to do what he did, you know it's starting to become a problem with basketball players. 'Cause Kevin Durant doesn't really, really talk to anybody."

Source: re: Payton's comment about Howard. http://mweb.cbssports.com/nba/eye-on-basketball/24819032/gary-payton-says-he-agrees-with-kevin-durant-about-dwight-howard?v=1&vc=1

The cavs fucked up. They should have kept wiggins. I wanted to see wiggins/Irving/James play together. Not a big fan of kevin love. Not athletic and white :-)

I hope love signs elsewhere so the cavs get screwed.

I saw that Gary Payton piece.

Let me put it this way, he's not the best "analyst" to listen to.

Why did Pau leave for less money? You have Kobe-colored glasses on, if stars really wanted to play with Kobe, they would be a Laker right now.

Yeah I agree with IHO. Perhaps if he changes this year (yeah right) and shows that he understands he is not 28 year old Kobe and is willing to play second fiddle ala Tim Duncan perhaps he could get someone to play with him next year.

Warriors 12 straight, caught the game on WGN, a channel I didn't know I had on UVERSE.  Ughhhh...I guess....go Warriors?

I still don't believe warriors will make it to the finals:  high octane firepower offense will lose when they grind it out with the Grizzlies.

Memphis looks really good.

Too bad the East is so bleh... the NBA needs some re-alignment. 8th place team in the West is probably top 4 in the East.

irvinehomeowner said:
Memphis looks really good.

Too bad the East is so bleh... the NBA needs some re-alignment. 8th place team in the West is probably top 4 in the East.

Sounds familiar. I believe Mark Cuban was talking about realignment the other day.

Or another option, get rid of the existing western and eastern nba playoff format. (Keep the existing conf. For the regular season, due to travel cost, time zone issues, etc.)

However, let the top 16 teams advance to the playoffs. It will be more exciting to watch.

irvinehomeowner said:
I saw that Gary Payton piece.

Let me put it this way, he's not the best "analyst" to listen to.

Why did Pau leave for less money? You have Kobe-colored glasses on, if stars really wanted to play with Kobe, they would be a Laker right now.

Gasol left the Lakers for the Bulls. A smart move because he has a chance to win another championship. Blake and Kaman went to the Blazers, as they have a better chance to make it to the playoffs and advance in the playoffs with Portland.

Back to Dwight. So Durant called Dwight a P$$$$ to Dwight's face, while Durant was wearing a "leg cast". Lemarcus Aldridge also called Dwight a p#####. (Click the link below to see video)

Source regarding Aldridge and Howard beef on the court:http://thebiglead.com/2014/04/28/vi...l-dwight-howard-a-pussy-after-this-late-foul/

Additional video regarding analysts taking about Dwight. http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/is-dwight-howard-most-hated-man-in-nba/vi-BBeKcSw

Regarding playing with Kobe. Did you read my previous post? Kobe had a career threatening injury last season. There were a lot of what if's about Kobe's health. (Kobe proved them wrong) Also, Melo said, "He would of loved to play with Kobe."

Let's throw out free agent scenarios. Since you keep on mentioning they don't want to play with Kobe.
Melo or Bosh comes to LA. (The top free agent super stars last summer, would have not taken a big pay cut. So only one super star would sign.) So if the Lakers would have signed Bosh or Melo, they still would have not been considered an elite team in the west, because the Lakers do not have good starters and bench players.
So with a super star and Kobe, the Lakers would not go far in the playoffs. The Lakers should of signed the following free agents: Isaiah Thomas, Greg Monroe, Etc. Then make a pitch to Melo, we have a great starting five and a decent bench, and we think that adding you to the equation. We will go far in the playoffs. But that's not how it went. If I remember correctly, the starters and bench were already signed/verbal committed when they made a pitch to Melo. (And the Lakers free agents that were signed/trades for weren't good - I think we can all agree with that)

At the end, Melo and Bosh got max money at NY and Miami. (They both are not doing so well either, according to expectations) Every body knew Lebron was going back to Cleveland, so no need to talk about him.

Not sure why you keep pointing out the issues Dwight is having. I can agree that he is probably hard to play with too, probably an immaturity thing.

But I think you have blinders on when it comes to Kobe, he will probably admit himself that he's a salty teammate. The Lakers could have won another ring with Shaq/Kobe. If that Pau trade didn't happen, Kobe would still only have 3 rings and Kobe got lucky because Pau has a more easy personality than Shaq.

You forget that just the Laker brand should be enough to lure free agents, the SoCal lifestyle, the additional money you will make from endorsements because of the LA spotlight and all the cachet that a championship organization has.

Yet, no one signed... players actually left. Look at Gasol in Chicago, his numbers have gone UP. I love it when Laker fans say that Stern screwed them by nixing he CP3 trade. Really? If CP3 really wanted to play with Kobe, why didn't he sign with them when he became a free agent? Instead, he was the first superstar after the deadline to sign... with the Clips.

I think management knows the truth, that's why they are saving their money, waiting for the last year of Kobe's contract and will work it out then. They didn't do so bad with the players they signed this year, but it's not a championship roster (or even a playoff bound one). We'll see what happens, maybe the young stars of the last 2-3 drafts will be available in 2017.

yaliu07 said:
there is one thing i dont understand.  this summer, lakers had a chance to throw 11-13 million dollars per year to greg monroe.  however, they used that money to sign jermey lin and jordan hill.  i never understand why..

Found my own answer

[Copy and Paste]
The Lakers seemed to have a ?big name or bust? mentality this off-season as once the team failed to land Carmelo Anthony, they seemed content to let the second-tier free agents pass by and instead save their money for this upcoming summer.

While some may compare this to the team electing not to pursue point guard Isaiah Thomas, who has admitted wanting to come to the Lakers, this is a little different because of Monroe?s restricted status forcing a team to overpay to get him out of Detroit ? something the Lakers were likely not interested in doing.

With Monroe unrestricted this upcoming off-season, he could indeed be a major target for the team, and is one of the more feasible options. The chances of getting Marc Gasol or LaMarcus Aldridge out of their respective situations is slim, but Monroe is dying to get out of Detroit. Monroe is a talented big whom the Lakers would be wise to focus on when they have the chance.
[/Copy and Paste]
http://www.lakersnation.com/lakers-...rested-in-greg-monroe-last-summer/2014/12/07/

irvinehomeowner said:
Would you rather have Marc Gasol, Monroe or Aldridge?

Like I said, Aldridge already lives in the OC, he should be a Laker.

Any of them are better than Jordan Hill.

irvinehomeowner said:
Not sure why you keep pointing out the issues Dwight is having. I can agree that he is probably hard to play with too, probably an immaturity thing.

But I think you have blinders on when it comes to Kobe, he will probably admit himself that he's a salty teammate. The Lakers could have won another ring with Shaq/Kobe. If that Pau trade didn't happen, Kobe would still only have 3 rings and Kobe got lucky because Pau has a more easy personality than Shaq.

You forget that just the Laker brand should be enough to lure free agents, the SoCal lifestyle, the additional money you will make from endorsements because of the LA spotlight and all the cachet that a championship organization has.

Yet, no one signed... players actually left. Look at Gasol in Chicago, his numbers have gone UP. I love it when Laker fans say that Stern screwed them by nixing he CP3 trade. Really? If CP3 really wanted to play with Kobe, why didn't he sign with them when he became a free agent? Instead, he was the first superstar after the deadline to sign... with the Clips.

I think management knows the truth, that's why they are saving their money, waiting for the last year of Kobe's contract and will work it out then. They didn't do so bad with the players they signed this year, but it's not a championship roster (or even a playoff bound one). We'll see what happens, maybe the young stars of the last 2-3 drafts will be available in 2017.

I mentioned Dwight issue because you brought him up. I don't want a franchise player acting the way he does. (I see it's a blessing that he left) When two top players of the NBA (who knows how many more) make public comments about him, it should be concerning.

I never mentioned CP3. He's a good point guard. (Better than Lin) When I think of CP3 I think of the State Farm commercials.

It seems like Lakers management are writing this season off. They have almost the same players as last year.

eyephone said:
irvinehomeowner said:
Would you rather have Marc Gasol, Monroe or Aldridge?

Like I said, Aldridge already lives in the OC, he should be a Laker.

Any of them are better than Jordan Hill.

assuming next year is kobe last year, in this case, i will like to have monroe.
however, assuming kobe can play 2 additional years, then in this case, i will like to have aldridge.

i think aldridge is slightly better offensive player than monroe.  however, monroe is better overall player.

one last thing aldrige is more injury prone.  he missed alot of games in the last couple years.

eyephone said:
irvinehomeowner said:

I mentioned Dwight issue because you brought him up. I don't want a franchise player acting the way he does. (I see it's a blessing that he left) When two top players of the NBA (who knows how many more) make public comments about him, it should be concerning.

I never mentioned CP3. He's a good point guard. (Better than Lin) When I think of CP3 I think of the State Farm commercials.

It seems like Lakers management are writing this season off. They have almost the same players as last year.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2pxtyTpDIqE

check out Stephen A Smith comments about Kobe and DHoward.  Starts at 2:18.  The best statement is at 2:51
Dont listen to Skip Bayless.  He is NOT intelligent.

irvinehomeowner said:
@Yaliu:

You are complaining about Dwight but you see no issues with Kobe?

You must own both an 8 and 24 jersey. :)

lol...  as a lakers fan, i am biased.  but yeah, i dont see what's wrong w/ Kobe.

@IHO, what's wrong w/ Kobe?

Kobe is shooting 39% and averaging 25 points for 24 million. Half the league can average 25 points while shooting 39%. It's amazing what know can still do at this age, just not efficient

Back