NBA 2014-2015

Was there some kind of important game on last night or something? 'Cause I went to Outback for dinner and it was ridiculously crowded for a Thursday night. There was only one booth left, near the bar.

Still can't understand why LBJ settled for the jump shot in the last seconds of the regulation.  Granted the defense was good, scored is tied (so little risk) and he could have tried to drive strong to basket  with a much better chances of getting fouled or the GS defense crowding on him to drop pass to an open teammate for an easier shot (which they have done several times during the game).

GH said:
Still can't understand why LBJ settled for the jump shot in the last seconds of the regulation.  Granted the defense was good, scored is tied (so little risk) and he could have tried to drive strong to basket  with a much better chances of getting fouled or the GS defense crowding on him to drop pass to an open teammate for an easier shot (which they have done several times during the game).

Refs tend to swallow whistle for last shots.  You gotta go for the jumper to win the game. 

I'm more surprised how ineffective he was in OT. 

jmoney74 said:
GH said:

Refs tend to swallow whistle for last shots.  You gotta go for the jumper to win the game. 

That's cuz he was gassed...that's the Warriors game.  They have extreme depth and can run multiple guys at Lebron on defense.  Lebron played great last night but ran out of gas at the end.  He and Kyrie kept the Cavs in that game in the 2nd half.

SoCal said:
Was there some kind of important game on last night or something? 'Cause I went to Outback for dinner and it was ridiculously crowded for a Thursday night. There was only one booth left, near the bar.

Only game 1 of the NBA finals...highest TV rating of a Finals game 1 in 14 years.

irvinehomeowner said:
Poor David Lee... from AllStar to cheerleader.

Lee was always a good offensive but terrible defensively.  He doesn't fit in the Warriors' uptempo system and can't guard anyone.  He is probably going to get traded to provide some cap space for the Warriors.

Hey, at least he is not stuck on the Knicks.

poor David Lee? lol
collecting 15 million a year, watching NBA finals on his court side seat, and collecting a ring?

heck I will be gladly take his role but at 90% less salary.

Irvinecommuter said:
jmoney74 said:
GH said:

That's cuz he was gassed...that's the Warriors game.  They have extreme depth and can run multiple guys at Lebron on defense.  Lebron played great last night but ran out of gas at the end.  He and Kyrie kept the Cavs in that game in the 2nd half.

and he is 30 now. 12 or so years in league. he has more trouble getting around players on drives. definitely not the same player as when he got to miami. he was trying to use his size down low, but he is noticeably slower now. and yeah after droppinng 44-45 he was probably tired.

Warriors are just too deep and have too many 3pt threats.

I want LBJ to win... but at this point I might as well be rooting for the Clippers. :)

irvinehomeowner said:
yaliu07 said:
AI did really really good job last night against LBJ..  so, close in 4??
Uhh... LBJ scored 44 points... that's a good job?

He took 38 shots and the Warriors made him work for 90% of those.  They also limited his assists and thus impact on the game. 

Irvinecommuter said:
irvinehomeowner said:
yaliu07 said:

He took 38 shots and the Warriors made him work for 90% of those.  They also limited his assists and thus impact on the game.

did you see how good AI defense against him on the last shot of the regular game. 

did you see how tired he was in the OT.  keep in mind, the first/last two points he scored in OT was consolation points.

Irvinecommuter said:
irvinehomeowner said:
yaliu07 said:

Sure, but that doesn't necessarily mean that Andre Igoudala did a "good job" on him.

I wouldn't give the credit to AI.

irvinehomeowner said:
Irvinecommuter said:
irvinehomeowner said:
yaliu07 said:

Sure, but that doesn't necessarily mean that Andre Igoudala did a "good job" on him.

I wouldn't give the credit to AI.

LBJ is LBJ.. can bring a bunch of clowns in the East to the Finals (Also due to the lack of talent in the East)... did that previously with the Cavs already.  The West has way more talent.  He doesn't have the firepower necessary to do it by himself. 

eyephone said:
Kyrie out of Finals with fractured kneecap.
Dang, Uncle Drew is fragile for a young guy.

Well... there goes a 6-game series... unless Dellavadova(?) can somehow take out Curry, Green and Klay.

Back