Lambert Ranch in Irvine

NEW -> Contingent Buyer Assistance Program
We were looking at the Field, plans 1 and 2.  Indication was that it is ~$920ish for plan 1 and ~$950ish for plan 2. 

I was supposed to "walk the lot" but missed due to work obligations.    Haven't checked my email recently so I don't know if they sent anything regarding the appt.

Does anyone have any articles or proof that talk about the ancient burial site that Lambert Ranch is suppose to be built next to?  I've read a lot of discussion about this but only on this site.  Is it just a rumor??

Thanks!

Just like others we read about this through the history of IHB and TI. With a little bit of limited google fu here is a link to an addentum of an environmental impact report that addressed and referenced to other elaborate EIR done previously of the Northern Sphere in greater details on the burial site and its artifacts. Check section 4.5 (Cultural). It is very interesting that the landfill and the jail were not mentioned.
http://www.irvinequickrecords.com/S...v5vbp45pgmvch2k/1303574104202012012545496.PDF

I found the answer. EIR is for the potential impact to an existing environment and since the trash dump and prison are the worst and no developments would hurt then negatively.

IrvineMommie2 said:
Does anyone have any articles or proof that talk about the ancient burial site that Lambert Ranch is suppose to be built next to?  I've read a lot of discussion about this but only on this site.  Is it just a rumor??

Thanks!

I used to live in an apt complex built above an ancient (?) Indian sacred burial site.  It was one of the nicest places and loved living there.  Very good aura and lots of good things happened there.  In fact I miss living in that area...maybe I should buy in PS to get that good feeling again...although the cell tower, the toll road, the toxic dump (nuclear and otherwise) and the prison kinda deters me from it...

Grand Opening was pathetic.

- no parking lot
- no refreshments
- adjacent model homes have no separating wall, so it looks like you get a massive front and back yard
- gigantic cell and water towers visible from everywhere
- toll road visible too
- wonderful landfill sign for everyone leaving the community to see

test said:

- no parking lot
- no refreshments
- adjacent model homes have no separating wall, so it looks like you get a massive front and back yard
- toll road visible too

Where would you want them to put a parking lot for a one-time event? Parking along the community streets was no big deal.

There were refreshments when I was there. Beverages and light snacks. I don't know what time you came but they were available for at least the first 45 min, don't know how long afterwards.

Yup, toll road visible, but not audible (at least not from the Grove where I spent most of my time).

I thought it was a very nice event and think that TNHC has put together quite a nice set of homes and community.

test said:

- no parking lot
- no refreshments
- toll road visible too

Also, the no dividing wall between the two model homes in the Hill was on purpose. They want to show what a multi-generational family can do if they want to buy two homes next to each other, and they intend to sell those two models without the wall when time comes to sell the models. They've set up a few other homes throughout the community to have a similar setup. I don't know if they'll actually sell them as such depending on demand.

I was at the private viewing on Wed and Fri.  What was the turnout today for the grand opening?  Really like all three models of the Hill, especially plan 1 and 3.  Plan 1 has double doors into the backyard that open completely, nice, open feel.  Plan 3 has the potential of a master bedroom on each floor.  Lots of options for all models in LR.  We really love plan 2 of the Grove.  Love the guest house in the back.  Alas, the Hill is a good $150k overpriced and the Grove is $250k overpriced.  Really well designed homes in a not so great area.  And don't get me started on the lot size.  TNHC already has deposits for homes in the Grove and the Hill, so there are some buyers.  I wonder when/if the demand will wane.  I remember a month ago during the dirty shoe walk thru that they said the Grove would start at $1.2M, well they must of got a lot of pre-quals cuz they start at $1.3M...yikes!  The Hill starts at $1.1M.  If you actually wanna be on the "Hill" with a view, be prepared to spend an extra $150k surcharge for that location.  <sigh>

Arman said:
test said:

- no parking lot
- no refreshments
- toll road visible too

Where would you want them to put a parking lot for a one-time event? Parking along the community streets was no big deal.

There were refreshments when I was there. Beverages and light snacks. I don't know what time you came but they were available for at least the first 45 min, don't know how long afterwards.

Yup, toll road visible, but not audible (at least not from the Grove where I spent most of my time).

I thought it was a very nice event and think that TNHC has put together quite a nice set of homes and community.

I may have been mistaken. I was referring to the preview opening on Friday evening with regards to refreshments. Not sure if that's the Grand Opening you were referring to or today (Saturday) which I did not attend.

OCgasman said:
I was at the private viewing on Wed and Fri.  What was the turnout today for the grand opening?  Really like all three models of the Hill, especially plan 1 and 3.  Plan 1 has double doors into the backyard that open completely, nice, open feel.  Plan 3 has the potential of a master bedroom on each floor.  Lots of options for all models in LR.  We really love plan 2 of the Grove.  Love the guest house in the back.  Alas, the Hill is a good $150k overpriced and the Grove is $250k overpriced.  Really well designed homes in a not so great area.  And don't get me started on the lot size.  TNHC already has deposits for homes in the Grove and the Hill, so there are some buyers.  I wonder when/if the demand will wane.  I remember a month ago during the dirty shoe walk thru that they said the Grove would start at $1.2M, well they must of got a lot of pre-quals cuz they start at $1.3M...yikes!  The Hill starts at $1.1M.  If you actually wanna be on the "Hill" with a view, be prepared to spend an extra $150k surcharge for that location.  <sigh>

I'm not necessarily disagreeing with you, but I'd like to know why you think these homes are overpriced? Based on what I've seen out there on the new home market, comparing with other million-dollar neighborhoods in Talega (Alta by Standard Pacific), Walnut (by Standard Pacific), and Laguna Altura (Irvine Pacific), it's seems like you're getting quite a lot for your money. Now, you could argue that those homes are also overpriced, but then what can you use for comparison? Also, when we did the dirty shoe walk thru last month, we were also told the Grove would start in the $1.2 million range, but he clearly said he doesn't know if it'll be $1.2 or $1.299 million. Lot 93 is priced at $1,294,800, which is in the range of what the salesperson said it would.

We went and passed because we didn't like how they organized the viewings. We'll wait until they have parking next to the model homes.

@Arman: The location is probably why people feel they are overpriced. Sure, they are large homes... but it's not like they are super large lots and regardless of how big the house is, there are issues with the landfill, the toll road and the lack of a 3rd place.

I have to agree with test (!) and IHO on the parking execution, it was a mess and not worthy of selling million dollar homes.  The gate was a nice entrance, much better then the Wok but what I didn't get was why they hired these pants sagging skater dudes in black tie to stand around, and did nothing to solve the parking issue.  Do we really need 8 hands pointing to where to make a right turn?  How bout leave one guy there and move the rest of the punks to tell people where to park to prevent bottlenecking near turns and narrow streets?  Wasn't a good start, so frazzled by the parking that I forgot my phone in my car.. So no pics for everyone.

irvinehomeowner said:
@Arman: The location is probably why people feel they are overpriced. Sure, they are large homes... but it's not like they are super large lots and regardless of how big the house is, there are issues with the landfill, the toll road and the lack of a 3rd place.
+1.  Each one individually, I might be able to get over, but all of these issues...Easy pass.  Too bad, cuz I was ready to buy for the right price. 

07327893.jpg

Here's the pricing range sheet for The Field, 'X' elevations should get some good curb appeal with the porch and being able to see the whole house.  But those are few and are lined up along the main road into the community.

Back