coronavirus

NEW -> Contingent Buyer Assistance Program
At what threshold do we not allow people to adjust their portfolio? ER Doctors? CEOs of Mask Manufacturing? According to other news reports, this guys public message was that this was a serious matter.

We are seeing a panic - something we did NOT see during H1N1. There was a pre-existing economic crisis, but not a health and safety related panic as we have today.

Any prudent re-read of posts in this thread from pages 1 to 9 AT THAT TIME (not in hindsight...) may have pushed some to sell. We all should have done so if we assumed a worst case scenario.

Doesn't make his actions legitimate or acceptable, but they don't rise to the level of criminality some are attaching to it.

Loffler (R-GA) is perhaps another story. Evidently her briefing was on 1/24/2020 and selling began shortly thereafter. More details on both of these people will come out soon. A key takeaway is that the "first news is often fake news". Before trouncing people over a headline, let's wait and get a full story from several resources before building the guillotine.

My .02c

Unobtainium...the winner will be rich...

Search for Coronavirus Vaccine Becomes a Global Competition

In the three months since the virus began its deadly spread, China, Europe and the United States have all set off at a sprint to become the first to produce a vaccine. But while there is cooperation on many levels -- including among companies that are ordinarily fierce competitors -- hanging over the effort is the shadow of a nationalistic approach that could give the winner the chance to favor its own population and potentially gain the upper hand in dealing with the economic and geostrategic fallout from the crisis. What began as a question of who would get the scientific accolades, the patents and ultimately the revenues from a successful vaccine is suddenly a broader issue of urgent national security. And behind the scramble is a harsh reality: Any new vaccine that proves potent against the coronavirus -- clinical trials are underway in the United States, China and Europe already -- is sure to be in short supply as governments try to ensure that their own people are the first in line.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/19/us/politics/coronavirus-vaccine-competition.html
https://youtu.be/g5UdUJBMdOc

https://youtu.be/g5UdUJBMdOc

Anyone knows how much exactly we are getting in April? There are too many sources giving different numbers. Anything confirmed yet?

Compressed-Village said:
aquabliss said:
qwerty said:
I paid my property taxes a couple of weeks ago but was curious if they were going to push back the deadline. Nope, stills due 4/10.

I?m kinda glad this one is due now, because who knows if I?ll be able to pay that huge chunk in December.  At least I have 8-9 months to figure it out.

Good and bad at the same time, what if we all get a reduction in prop tax next cycle? Good that it lower your bill, bad that prop also drop in values it comes down to policies makers at the helm that the average Joe suffers.

I call on Fivepoint to cover the Mello Roos of all it's homeowners over the next 2 Property Tax payments.

Everyone needs to do their part, right?

Mety said:
Anyone knows how much exactly we are getting in April? There are too many sources giving different numbers. Anything confirmed yet?

If you are talking about the $1k check I already shared the link. It is based on income. It is a sham/scam/hoax if you make money.

Every time I feel something strange in my body...headache, chest ache, small cough, throat irritation, I feel like I have the wuflu.
This is not good for my mental health.  We need some happy news.

eyephone said:
Mety said:

If you are talking about the $1k check I already shared the link. It is based on income. It is a sham/scam/hoax if you make money.

So is it $1000 per person if you qualify? I hear if you have children you get more?

Mety said:
eyephone said:
Mety said:

So is it $1000 per person if you qualify? I hear if you have children you get more?

Yes look at the link. If you qualify you will get a lot with your 10 kids jk

eyephone said:
Mety said:
eyephone said:
Mety said:

Yes look at the link. If you qualify you will get a lot with your 10 kids jk

YAY!!!

@eyephone,

The article you shared says $2400 for married and $500 additional for each child. Where does $1000 come from?
Also is this all confirmed or still in the process of figuring things out?

irvinehomeowner said:
Is anyone else getting psychosomatic symptoms?

Every time I read about Covid I feel like my throat is scratchy and it's difficult to breathe.

#TIPatientZero?

It's all in your head. Stress and anxiety.

Well, it could be a #seasonal allergy.

nosuchreality said:
Did the suppliers that provide supplies to hospitals sell every thing to hoarders? Was it all shipped in from China? Did regular replacement shipments stop?

I'm trying to understand how the hospitals don't have basic supplies already? (other than they've been running with near zero excess capacity?)

Regular shipments stopped.  Before the crisis, my supplier sold me a box of 50 masks from China for $2.50.  At beginning of February, they are limited to 10 boxes per customer at $5.00 per box.  And now, they only sold them on ebay for up to $75 per box.  >:(

The economic stimulus check guidelines are not yet solidly in place. From what I've read:

1) $75k to $99K AGI from 2018 returns - individual filing - will get about $1,000 each, $500 per dependent child. Sliding scale in this case. The closer to $90k, the lower the check amount.

2) $150k to $200k AGI from 2018 returns - married filing - will get about $2,400, plus $500 per dependent child. Also on a sliding scale.

All of this has yet to be put in stone. IMHO they will just round both figures up to $99k (Individual) and $200k (Married) at the same $$$ noted above, removing the sliding scale.

We shall see.....

Also - I guess DiFi also sold stock after the briefing. Q: How many will be screaming for her resignation?  A: Not many.

My .02c

$200k AGI from 2018 returns isn't bad.  I had read it was going to be $150k AGI for married filing jointly. 

Soylent Green Is People said:
The economic stimulus check guidelines are not yet solidly in place. From what I've read:

1) $75k to $99K AGI from 2018 returns - individual filing - will get about $1,000 each, $500 per dependent child. Sliding scale in this case. The closer to $90k, the lower the check amount.

2) $150k to $200k AGI from 2018 returns - married filing - will get about $2,400, plus $500 per dependent child. Also on a sliding scale.

All of this has yet to be put in stone. IMHO they will just round both figures up to $99k (Individual) and $200k (Married) at the same $$$ noted above, removing the sliding scale.

We shall see.....

Also - I guess DiFi also sold stock after the briefing. Q: How many will be screaming for her resignation?  A: Not many.

My .02c

CV, your gonna need that money... ;)

Compressed-Village said:
Who on here want to take a bet 10:1, I will pay 10 X if Trump win re-election?

Back