coronavirus

NEW -> Contingent Buyer Assistance Program
adventurous said:
Kings said:
protesters (all of them) ruined it for everyone.  or maybe they set us free?

thank you protesters!
Besides the disaster, they put the country into, they showed the true colors of our governments, from top to bottom. We now are fully aware of the governors and mayors who kneel down in front of rioters and looters.

politicians hate being seen as racist above all else.  honest, hardworking people lose their livelihood?  here's a fine and we're forcing shutdown of your business.  riot and loot the city, take over city blocks?  we hear you and we're listening!

adventurous said:
irvinehomeowner said:
I don't understand this. If not for the measures we took, it would have been much worse.

We flattened the curve... and we should continue to do so but open the economy safely.
We didn't flatten (bend) anything, we just delayed the peak. It would make sense if a vaccine delivery was around the corner. However, it's not. We are re-opening the economy now. There is no safe re-opening. Protests are not virus immune. The virus is already all over, which makes it completely pointless to shelter in home. There is no reason to delay the economy re-opening. It won't change the virus spread now.

No safe re-opening? So no more social distancing, no plexiglass, no sanitation, no masks, no hand-washing?

We will actually see this fall/winter if/when Covid-20 hits and see which of you will adhere to your own "no safety" bravado.

I think qwerty is still looking for wipes to wipe down his take-out food and groceries. :)

Mety said:
irvinehomeowner said:
Mety said:
irvinehomeowner said:
Mety said:
Haven't followed up here quite a bit.

So is C-19 approved to be a hoax yet?

What do you mean "a hoax"?

444k dead around the world, 119k in the US alone... doesn't seem like a hoax to me.

Well yeah it was not a complete "hoax."

But I think some of the stuff that was going on like lockdown, social-distancing and wearing masks are kind of pointless at this point after the protests, don't you think?

Just to clarify, I do think those things do help prevent spreading the disease. Not just C-19 but any disease IMHO. So we can keep practicing those things if you want, but I don't think they need to be mandatory.

I don't understand this. If not for the measures we took, it would have been much worse.

We flattened the curve... and we should continue to do so but open the economy safely.

Yeah, like others said, that's where different opinions come in. But I guess we'll never know who was right on this matter until we die and meet at the Heaven.

Sounds like suicide and the Bible is against suicide.
How can you spread God?s message when you are dead?

eyephone said:
Mety said:
irvinehomeowner said:
Mety said:
irvinehomeowner said:
Mety said:

444k dead around the world, 119k in the US alone... doesn't seem like a hoax to me.

But I think some of the stuff that was going on like lockdown, social-distancing and wearing masks are kind of pointless at this point after the protests, don't you think?

Just to clarify, I do think those things do help prevent spreading the disease. Not just C-19 but any disease IMHO. So we can keep practicing those things if you want, but I don't think they need to be mandatory.

Yeah, like others said, that's where different opinions come in. But I guess we'll never know who was right on this matter until we die and meet at the Heaven.

I see that you are afraid of the physical death. But if I were you, you gotta be more afraid of the spiritual death. Don't fear those who can kill the body but cannot kill the soul. Rather fear Him who can destroy your soul and body in hell.

Mety said:
eyephone said:
Mety said:
irvinehomeowner said:
Mety said:
irvinehomeowner said:
Mety said:

How can you spread God%u2019s message when you are dead?

I see that you are afraid of the physical death. But if I were you, you gotta be more afraid of the spiritual death. Don't fear those who can kill the body but cannot kill the soul. Rather fear Him who can destroy your soul and body in hell.

Yeah you are right. I care about the young to old. Just like the Bible says to care about everyone. It does not say forget the sick and old people. (sick: simple asthma condition, diabetes, if you catch the cold often - the odds are against you)

To some people the covid virus is funny. They think they will not catch it. Until you catch it and it is hard to breathe.

irvinehomeowner said:
No safe re-opening? So no more social distancing, no plexiglass, no sanitation, no masks, no hand-washing?

We will actually see this fall/winter if/when Covid-20 hits and see which of you will adhere to your own "no safety" bravado.
I will probably throw out an unpopular idea, but the vast majority of the precautious taken so far are more effective against the frivolous lawsuits than to prevent the virus spread.
If you want to wear the mask, you are entitled to do so. However, if you really believe in masks, you should've been wearing it for a few decades. Flu is about 2-3 times less deadly than COVID according to the statistics currently available, other deadly germs have been out too. You can wash your hands on a normal basis or become a hand-washing addict, it's really a personal choice. We have to re-open business. We can't do it partly, it won't stop the virus spread, but keep hurting the economy.

eyephone said:
Mety said:
eyephone said:
Mety said:
irvinehomeowner said:
Mety said:
irvinehomeowner said:
Mety said:

Yeah you are right. I care about the young to old. Just like the Bible says to care about everyone. It does not say forget the old people.

All lines matter: young and old.
To some people the covid is funny. Until you catch it and it is hard to can breathe.

You care for young and also the old. Good. Now, do you LOVE those old people? Let me put it in a Biblical context. Do you love those old like YOURSELF?

Also, no one ever said C-19 was funny. You might have thought those who didn't think of it as severe as you think are seeing it as funny stuff, but that's not true. Everyone thinks it's a serious disease. Flu is a serious disease too. Cold can get to be serious disease too. Now don't get confused that I'm saying C-19 is just like flu with cough and sneeze. No one ever said that either.

Kings said:
politicians hate being seen as racist above all else.  honest, hardworking people lose their livelihood?  here's a fine and we're forcing shutdown of your business.  riot and loot the city, take over city blocks?  we hear you and we're listening!
It pretty much shows their real goal, which is the power grab. The health of the populace is a minor priority, when their own careers are at a danger

Mety said:
eyephone said:
Mety said:
eyephone said:
Mety said:
irvinehomeowner said:
Mety said:
irvinehomeowner said:
Mety said:

How can you spread God%u2019s message when you are dead?

Yeah you are right. I care about the young to old. Just like the Bible says to care about everyone. It does not say forget the old people.

All lines matter: young and old.
To some people the covid is funny. Until you catch it and it is hard to can breathe.

You care for young and also the old. Good. Now, do you LOVE those old people? Let me put it in a Biblical context. Do you love those old like YOURSELF?

Also, no one ever said C-19 was funny. You might have thought those who didn't think of it as severe as you think are seeing it as funny stuff, but that's not true. Everyone thinks it's a serious disease. Flu is a serious disease too. Cold can get to be serious disease too. Now don't get confused that I'm saying C-19 is just like flu with cough and sneeze. No one ever said that either.

If you read my previous posts. I have been talking about caring about old people.
Btw: 18-50 year old are ending in the hospital needing treatment. Some make it and some don%u2019t. There are complications after a person recovers from covid.

Eat healthy and be safe. (Zinc, vitamin c and d - reinforce immune system) [what is your solution to the problem? Before you said give solution and not blame. But I guess it does not apply to you. Another example of a double standard]

eyephone said:
If you read my previous posts. I have been talking about caring about old people.
Btw: 18-50 year old are ending in the hospital needing treatment. Some make it and some don%u2019t. There are complications after a person recovers from covid.

Eat healthy and be safe. (Zinc, vitamin c and d - reinforce immune system) [what is your solution to the problem? Before you said gives solution and not blame. But I guess it does not apply to you]

Good that you provide helpful stuff for old people. But can you say you really LOVE them as yourself? If you can't, then you fail to meet God's standard which makes not only you can't enter into God's Kingdom but you can't point finger on others either. If you say you do love them as yourself, then you might be in a deeper danger than you say you can't.

Now, what I'm doing is not blaming you or anyone else. I'm strictly sorting out what you brought wrong context from the Bible.

Mety said:
eyephone said:

Eat healthy and be safe. (Zinc, vitamin c and d - reinforce immune system) [what is your solution to the problem? Before you said gives solution and not blame. But I guess it does not apply to you]

Good that you provide helpful stuff for old people. But can you say you really LOVE them as yourself? If you can't, then you fail to meet God's standard which makes not only you can't enter into God's Kingdom but you can't point finger on others either. If you say you do love them as yourself, then you might be in a deeper danger than you say you can't.

Now, what I'm doing is not blaming you or anyone else. I'm strictly sorting out what you brought wrong context from the Bible.

It applies to everyone! Not just old people. Such as the vitamins to take to boost immune system.
There are many people on TI and outside TI. That say covid only effects old people and they are wrong.
Again, be careful the words you choose. Because it sounds like giving up on life and someone can say you are preaching suicide.

eyephone said:
Mety said:
eyephone said:

It applies to everyone! Not just old people. Such as the vitamins to take to boost immune system.
There are many people on TI and outside TI. That say covid only effects old people and they are wrong.
Again, be careful the words you choose. Because it sounds like giving up on life and someone can say you are preaching suicide.

You're not answering my questions and talking about completely different topics. You can let me know when you're ready.

BTW no one ever said C-19 effects only old. There's been studies it caused more harm to old and complicated health conditions, but saying that DOES NOT mean it effects only the old.

Mety said:
eyephone said:
Mety said:
eyephone said:

You're not answering my questions and talking about completely different topics. You can let me know when you're ready.

BTW no one ever said C-19 effects only old. There's been studies it caused more harm to old and complicated health conditions, but saying that DOES NOT mean it effects only the old.

Your ready to die statements. I will not address.

News flash: it effects everyone. It is almost luck who recovers, but with side effects.

Again, I gave solutions to the problem. Healthy eating, vitamins, mask and social distancing. Since you did not give a solution. I can continue to blame Trump for not doing as much as he can to stop covid. (fair game)

eyephone said:

News flash: it effects everyone. It is almost luck who recovers, but with side effects.

Again, I gave solutions to the problem. Healthy eating, vitamins, mask and social distancing. Since you did not give a solution. I can continue to blame Trump for not doing as much as he can to stop covid. (fair game)

You do whatever you want, my friend. Blaming Trump, Obama, Hillary, Biden. I don't care. What I care is that I want to see if you love others as YOURSELF as much as you're saying you provide good solutions and caring heart for everyone.

Mety said:
eyephone said:

You do whatever you want, my friend. Blaming Trump, Obama, Hillary, Biden. I don't care. What I care is that I want to see if you love others as YOURSELF as much as you're saying you provide good solutions and caring heart for everyone.

Previously you cared that I blamed Trump and said that I have no solution. You do not have a solution. So you give me the green light to blame. Thanks

adventurous said:
There is no point to continue stay at home or distant learning, if COVID rates explode anyway.

I don't know if school districts will necessarily feel that way.  I can't predict what they will do so all I can do as a parent is have several options lined up for my kids.

Hybrid is no different than on-site. One sick kid passes it on many, they come home, pass it on the siblings, they go to their classes... Well, you understand the rollout. Next, sport, after school programs, CDC, etc.
Distant learning is pointless when the rest of the country (stores, offices, LA Fitness, cinema) are open.

Yes I know. Distance learning sucks on many levels.  Unfortunately, I don't have a say in what each school does so again, all I can do is have backup options for my kids in case it is distance learning again this fall because I do believe some schools will be able to implement in person learning and/or better executions of whatever protocols need to be put in place as mandated.

adventurous said:
Hybrid is no different than on-site.

As an aside, it is different from an academic standpoint.  Lower student/teacher ratios may actually be more effective in facilitating learning.

bones said:
adventurous said:
Hybrid is no different than on-site.

As an aside, it is different from an academic standpoint.  Lower student/teacher ratios may actually be more effective in facilitating learning.
Your student will only see the teacher on every other day. Is it better to see your teacher every day, or just 50% of the instructional time allocated?

Back