coronavirus

NEW -> Contingent Buyer Assistance Program
Distance learning is more effective when grades matter. Additionally a teacher?s presence in the classroom helps maintain student engagement whereas parents were not willing or were unable to offer the same supervised engagement.

For qwerty:

Masks make a difference:
https://www.pnas.org/content/early/2020/06/10/2009637117

Our analysis reveals that the difference with and without mandated face covering represents the determinant in shaping the trends of the pandemic worldwide. We conclude that wearing of face masks in public corresponds to the most effective means to prevent interhuman transmission, and this inexpensive practice, in conjunction with extensive testing, quarantine, and contact tracking, poses the most probable fighting opportunity to stop the COVID-19 pandemic, prior to the development of a vaccine.

For IHO - here is what was said about that study

Experts have not fully embraced all of the new research promoting mask use. A report published Thursday in the influential Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences journal, written by a group of aerosol chemists including the Nobel Prize-winning discoverer of the Antarctic ozone hole, was slammed on social media for using poor methods to estimate the number of New Yorkers saved by masks.

Johns Hopkins University infectious-disease epidemiologist Kate Grabowski suggested the journal should consider a retraction. And Willem van Schaik, a professor at the Institute of Microbiology and Infection at the University of Birmingham in England, tweeted that it was ?terrible.?

So you cited a study used poor methods, was terrible and other professionals thought should be redacted? That?s all you got :-)

Like you said, common sense will tell you masks keep in some quantity of spit, I agree with that, buts definitely not enough to contain all of the particles. Because of the gaps on the side of the mask or people wearing them below their nose, etc.

What we have not seen and perhaps it?s because it?s too hard, is does this translate into lower infection rates. This study attempted to do that, or something like that, apparently very poorly.

irvinehomeowner said:
@qwerty: Are you sure you read it? :)

I actually did read the link you provided. I thought their approach was a little bit of a stretch, and then confirmed it by what I posted above.

Haven't followed up here quite a bit.

So is C-19 approved to be a hoax yet?

eyephone is going to call me a fake Christian and China lover again. ;D

irvinehomeowner said:
Mety said:

What do you mean "a hoax"?

444k dead around the world, 119k in the US alone... doesn't seem like a hoax to me.

Well yeah it was not a complete "hoax."

But I think some of the stuff that was going on like lockdown, social-distancing and wearing masks are kind of pointless at this point after the protests, don't you think?

Just to clarify, I do think those things do help prevent spreading the disease. Not just C-19 but any disease IMHO. So we can keep practicing those things if you want, but I don't think they need to be mandatory.

Doesn?t help that Fauci admitted the government lied about masks. You would think honesty would come in handy when trying to get the entire country to buy in on something.

Mety said:

eyephone is going to call me a fake Christian and China lover again. ;D

But you are. You and Belly have the fake China fever.
Belly could not take the heat so he left.
You cite the Bible, but then you stop. (A total fake)

Mety said:
irvinehomeowner said:
Mety said:

444k dead around the world, 119k in the US alone... doesn't seem like a hoax to me.

But I think some of the stuff that was going on like lockdown, social-distancing and wearing masks are kind of pointless at this point after the protests, don't you think?

Just to clarify, I do think those things do help prevent spreading the disease. Not just C-19 but any disease IMHO. So we can keep practicing those things if you want, but I don't think they need to be mandatory.

I don't understand this. If not for the measures we took, it would have been much worse.

We flattened the curve... and we should continue to do so but open the economy safely.

irvinehomeowner said:
I don't understand this. If not for the measures we took, it would have been much worse.

We flattened the curve... and we should continue to do so but open the economy safely.
We didn't flatten (bend) anything, we just delayed the peak. It would make sense if a vaccine delivery was around the corner. However, it's not. We are re-opening the economy now. There is no safe re-opening. Protests are not virus immune. The virus is already all over, which makes it completely pointless to shelter in home. There is no reason to delay the economy re-opening. It won't change the virus spread now.

adventurous said:
irvinehomeowner said:

We didn't flatten (bend) anything, we just delayed the peak. It would make sense if a vaccine delivery was around the corner. However, it's not. We are re-opening the economy now. There is no safe re-opening. Protests are not virus immune. The virus is already all over, which makes it completely pointless to shelter in home. There is no reason to delay the economy re-opening. It won't change the virus spread now.

protesters (all of them) ruined it for everyone.  or maybe they set us free?

thank you protesters!

Kings said:
protesters (all of them) ruined it for everyone.  or maybe they set us free?

thank you protesters!
Besides the disaster, they put the country into, they showed the true colors of our governments, from top to bottom. We now are fully aware of the governors and mayors who kneel down in front of rioters and looters.

irvinehomeowner said:
Mety said:
irvinehomeowner said:
Mety said:

Yeah, like others said, that's where different opinions come in. But I guess we'll never know who was right on this matter until we die and meet at the Heaven.

Back