Bloodbath in Coto de Caza

NEW -> Contingent Buyer Assistance Program
Now that Coastal Oak Place looks like a million dollar place to me.

Or 900 anyway. Finally something that actually looks valuable!

Looking over the golf course and all. Is it all

staged? No pictures on the walls at all. Anybody ever actually

live there.

Odd shaped rooms, but that's ok. Square or rectangular is so

square. Nice colors.

[quote author="lawyerliz" date=1217728350]Now that Coastal Oak Place looks like a million dollar place to me.

Or 900 anyway. Finally something that actually looks valuable!

Looking over the golf course and all. Is it all

staged? No pictures on the walls at all. Anybody ever actually

live there.

Odd shaped rooms, but that's ok. Square or rectangular is so

square. Nice colors.</blockquote>

I do not know if it is staged, nor do I know when those photos were taken. It has definitely been lived in. The listing agents are having an open house all three days this weekend. If I go, I well give you a run down. If the G man goes with, maybe we will get some panty photos.

Funny you just mentioned 23301 Via Dorado. I was just checking it out before I logged on to IHB. It looks like a nice place.</blockquote>

I've seen it as well. It could certainly use some updating, but really not bad overall. The garage room was interesting.

Large lot, although most of the space is in the front. Not sure I'd enjoy so much of the propery line sitting right on Vista del Verde; more traffic noise than I like. (I know... it's all relative)

The day we were there the smell from the stables was pretty strong. Might not be an issue for some, would be for me.

[quote author="Axiom" date=1217875149]Funny you just mentioned 23301 Via Dorado. I was just checking it out before I logged on to IHB. It looks like a nice place.</blockquote>

I've seen it as well. It could certainly use some updating, but really not bad overall. The garage room was interesting.

Large lot, although most of the space is in the front. Not sure I'd enjoy so much of the propery line sitting right on Vista del Verde; more traffic noise than I like. (I know... it's all relative)

The day we were there the smell from the stables was pretty strong. Might not be an issue for some, would be for me.</blockquote>

I think your issues are why it is listed for less than $900 in Rancho Colinas. I bet that garage room gets very hot in the summer. Did you check out the REO on Pamela Way yesterday? I am guessing it will go for more than the asking of $1,022,000.

Caliguy, Axiom, Graphrix, or anybody else; any idea what happened with 15 Oak Canyon Trail, zip 92679? I think it was scheduled for auction today, but it seems to have dissappeared from FIS/LDS.

[quote author="awgee" date=1218063552]Caliguy, Axiom, Graphrix, or anybody else; any idea what happened with 15 Oak Canyon Trail, zip 92679? I think it was scheduled for auction today, but it seems to have dissappeared from FIS/LDS.</blockquote>

It was actually scheduled for tomorrow, but it was canned on 8/4. Is it listed for sale? If not, then it will probably be back.

[quote author="graphrix" date=1218070843][quote author="awgee" date=1218063552]Caliguy, Axiom, Graphrix, or anybody else; any idea what happened with 15 Oak Canyon Trail, zip 92679? I think it was scheduled for auction today, but it seems to have dissappeared from FIS/LDS.</blockquote>

It was actually scheduled for tomorrow, but it was canned on 8/4. Is it listed for sale? If not, then it will probably be back.</blockquote>

It was listed about a month ago with Jenna Keough, star of "<em>REAL</em> Housewives of the OC. What do you mean by "canned"? Is that the same as postponed, paid off, back to the bank, or ..., or there is no way to know?

[quote author="awgee" date=1218072769][quote author="graphrix" date=1218070843][quote author="awgee" date=1218063552]Caliguy, Axiom, Graphrix, or anybody else; any idea what happened with 15 Oak Canyon Trail, zip 92679? I think it was scheduled for auction today, but it seems to have dissappeared from FIS/LDS.</blockquote>

It was actually scheduled for tomorrow, but it was canned on 8/4. Is it listed for sale? If not, then it will probably be back.</blockquote>

It was listed about a month ago with Jenna Keough, star of "<em>REAL</em> Housewives of the OC. What do you mean by "canned"? Is that the same as postponed, paid off, back to the bank, or ..., or there is no way to know?</blockquote>

Sorry, it was canceled "canned", meaning they either paid up or worked something out to pay up or sold it.

Deuce, what is the MLS low down on this one?

Listed at 19% below the 2005 sales price:

<a href="http://www.redfin.com/CA/Coto-De-Caza/51-Pamela-Way-92679/home/5778743">51 Pamela Way</a>

I am tired of popcorn. Anybody got some Haagen Daaz?

/

Hey Deuce - Do you know how long it takes for a lender to formally accept an offer on a REO once it decides to accept? 22 Pamela Way listed last week by Countrywide for $1,022,900 and I thought more a few knifecatchers would have made offers, but it appears to me that the property is still listed as active. Maybe Countrywide is taking offers for a week or so?

/

It is a bit boring at work today, so let's talk about 2 Altimira. 2 Altimira was relisted a couple of months ago, after being off the market for a few months, with a listing price of $1,795,000, or it can be rented. The asking rental price is $5,900. Zillow shows the last sale on 4/06/07 for $1,650,000. The present owner has never lived in this home and is <strong>HOPING</strong> to make a profit of $145,000 in two years in a depreciating market in a neighborhood which is proving to be anything but immune to market forces. Whaddya think? $145,000 in two years? Maybe $45,000 in two years? How about at least break even? Boy, you guys are a tough crowd. Ok, how much do you think she will lose? The listing agent is the owner's buddy, so maybe she will cut her some slack on the commish.

Ohhh-h-h-h, I had better give you a bit of relevant info: 2 Altimira is not located in one of the tonier, custom neighborhoods in Coto. It is located in Meritage, which is nice enough, but is a tract of stucco box tract homes which are presently selling for less than $1,000,000 and decreasing rather quickly. To be fair, 2 Altimira has been remodeled, or is that remuddled, and is a corner lot, (next to the driving range :shut: ).

Since we do not know the financing details, let us pretend that the owner bought this property for cash and the opportunity costs at 4% are $66,000 per year or $5,500 per month. Ouch! Well, at least we know where the rental asking price came from. But, is it a reasonable rental price? Judge for yourself. A custom home at 23761 Via Roble in The Woods is available for $5,900, where the homes are selling for $2,500,000 and up.

Now, aren't you glad that you do not have a realtor friend who talked you into buying in 2006?

[quote author="awgee" date=1218228624]

It is a bit boring at work today, so let's talk about 2 Altimira. </blockquote>

How could you fail to mention that 2 Altamira is owned by none-other than Vicki from Real Housewives of the Orange County and her realtor friend is Jeana also from that show? This house has been shown many times on the program. And while the asking price is very WTF it does seem to be a far better lot than the rest of the street assuming you don't mind the occasional golfball incident.

I love the sales price history on 2 Altamira...

Sale History

04/06/2007: $1,650,000

06/01/1994: $288,500

Man that kind of return has to be even sweeter when you are selling to a reality TV star. Wow, I hope the sellers weren't HELOC happy... that is a nice chunk of change.

[quote author="NewToOC" date=1218240702][quote author="awgee" date=1218228624]

It is a bit boring at work today, so let's talk about 2 Altimira. </blockquote>

How could you fail to mention that 2 Altamira is owned by none-other than Vicki from Real Housewives of the Orange County and her realtor friend is Jeana also from that show? This house has been shown many times on the program. And while the asking price is very WTF it does seem to be a far better lot than the rest of the street assuming you don't mind the occasional golfball incident.</blockquote>

Ohh-h-h-h ... I guess it just slipped my mind.

[quote author="awgee" date=1215116735]Sometimes you read something and you figure, naw, I must be misunderstanding something.

But, then you realize, no, some people are just ...

26 Sawgrass, zip code 92679, lowered their asking price by $1. Yup, $1.

I think the realtor is also the owner. What is it they say about folks who represent themselves in court?

If someone knows how to set up a poll, it would be fun to speculate how long this one will languish on the market.

http://www.redfin.com/CA/Coto-De-Caza/26-Sawgrass-92679/home/5019816</blockquote>

This time the owner/realtor of 26 Sawgrass is getting bold. They are lowering the listing price by $100. I wonder if the owner/realtor will ever figure out that real estate is decreasing in price and if they listed their property at a competitive price, it might sell? Naw, the comparatives may have decreased in price, but not theirs.

caliguy - Any idea what is happening with 32006 Via Coyote? I thought it was scheduled for auction today and it dissappeared off of FIS/LPS.

[quote author="awgee" date=1218575751]caliguy - Any idea what is happening with 32006 Via Coyote? I thought it was scheduled for auction today and it dissappeared off of FIS/LPS.</blockquote>

ForeclosureRadar shows it with an auction date of 8/15 - 2 p.m. at the Santa Ana courthouse.

8 Cedar Grove also is scheduled for auction that day, but it's the original auction date.

[quote author="caliguy2699" date=1218597134][quote author="awgee" date=1218575751]caliguy - Any idea what is happening with 32006 Via Coyote? I thought it was scheduled for auction today and it dissappeared off of FIS/LPS.</blockquote>

ForeclosureRadar shows it with an auction date of 8/15 - 2 p.m. at the Santa Ana courthouse.

8 Cedar Grove also is scheduled for auction that day, but it's the original auction date.</blockquote>

Hmm-m-m, I was under the impression that when an auction gets canceled or there is a workout, FIS/LPS shows the transaction as "canceled".

[quote author="awgee" date=1218599852][quote author="caliguy2699" date=1218597134][quote author="awgee" date=1218575751]caliguy - Any idea what is happening with 32006 Via Coyote? I thought it was scheduled for auction today and it dissappeared off of FIS/LPS.</blockquote>

8 Cedar Grove also is scheduled for auction that day, but it's the original auction date.</blockquote>

Hmm-m-m, I was under the impression that when an auction gets canceled or there is a workout, FIS/LPS shows the transaction as "canceled".</blockquote>

I'm the confused one now. 32006 Via Coyote shows up on FIS/LPS on 8/15 as postponed to 9/15.

8 Cedar Grove doesn't show up at the 2pm Santa Ana auction or the Placentia or Orange location. Could it be scheduled for the 3pm Santa Ana auction or maybe the one on Kaiser in Anaheim?

Back