Bloodbath in Coto de Caza

NEW -> Contingent Buyer Assistance Program
[quote author="caliguy2699" date=1214563941]Another property in Coto back to the bank today...<a href="http://www.zillow.com/HomeDetails.htm?zprop=25601605">20 Dartmouth Lane</a>. Last sold for $960k in 2005, $0-down financing. Additional $209k against the property later on as well.

NTS amount was <strong>$810,506</strong> but opening bid was discounted to <strong>$693,750</strong>. No takers.</blockquote>

You liar! The high end is immune! Why don't you go back to your bubble blog with all your other bubble headed loser friends. Sheesh, Coto is rich, don't you know?

[quote author="caliguy2699" date=1214563941]Another property in Coto back to the bank today...<a href="http://www.zillow.com/HomeDetails.htm?zprop=25601605">20 Dartmouth Lane</a>. Last sold for $960k in 2005, $0-down financing. Additional $209k against the property later on as well.

NTS amount was <strong>$810,506</strong> but opening bid was discounted to <strong>$693,750</strong>. No takers.</blockquote>

No takers at 693K? Yow!

Update: 1 Tanglewood

Back to bank for $743,930 on 4-29-2008.

The bank has it listed at $849,500. Morons.

Maybe the listing agent needs to show the bank that their competition is 3 Hartford, listed at $739,000 and actively seeking a buyer at $700,000.

I just like the ironic name of <a href="http://www.zillow.com/HomeDetails.htm?zprop=54974988">6 Dark Horse</a> and it being scheduled for the auction on 7/10. I hope you like it too. <em>snicker</em>

[quote author="tenmagnet" date=1215059014]What happened to Slade?s house?

Supposedly he?s making bank off his new show.

It?s scheduled to debut this month, Date My Ex</blockquote>

It went back to the bank a couple months back. He might be making bank now, but then he was broke as a joke. I had heard the person renting the place ended up calling Countrywide and buying it for a nice discount. Must be a reader of IHB and took my advice on getting a hold of the loss mit manager.

Sometimes you read something and you figure, naw, I must be misunderstanding something.

But, then you realize, no, some people are just ...

26 Sawgrass, zip code 92679, lowered their asking price by $1. Yup, $1.

I think the realtor is also the owner. What is it they say about folks who represent themselves in court?

If someone knows how to set up a poll, it would be fun to speculate how long this one will languish on the market.

http://www.redfin.com/CA/Coto-De-Caza/26-Sawgrass-92679/home/5019816

awgee

Maybe the owner/agent lowered it to get it to show in green on the MLS as price reduced. A price reduction shows the listing price in green, red if price raised, and black if not adjusted.

By the way I bet owners of Fiat Jolly's are happy with their milage these days.

Enjoy!!

[quote author="xsocal land merchant" date=1215123850]awgee

Maybe the owner/agent lowered it to get it to show in green on the MLS as price reduced. A price reduction shows the listing price in green, red if price raised, and black if not adjusted.

By the way I bet owners of Fiat Jolly's are happy with their milage these days.

Enjoy!!</blockquote>
I was unfamiliar with the specifics, but thought it was something like that.

We do not own a Jolly. Yet. Maybe in a couple years, after we buy a home, with a garage large enough for a Jolly.

Hey xsocal, Donde esta frijole, hombre?

Well ..let me give my first impression of Coto De Caza and Ladera Ranch.

I currently live in Ventura county, but I am moving to OC area within the next 2-3 months when I find a good home.

So I have just been driving down to both comminities the last 3 months to decide which is better for me and my daughter.

Coto, the homes are generally speaking are a little older, than the ones in Ladera, which are newer.

Home lots in Coto are much larger then Ladera's.

Comparable sizes home, Coto is more expensive, Ladera is more value priced.

In terms, of "kid friendly", no doubt that Ladera is more kid friendly than Coto.

Definately more "Families with kids" in Ladera, than Coto.

But Coto has well behaved kids as well.

Obviously, Ladera, from a Landscaping standpoint, is very nice since all the landscape is new.

But Coto is very well maintained also. (Thus has a good track record of good maintenance by the HOA).

All Roads in Ladera are top notch.

Coto, some roads are well maintained, others need to be re-paved (or re-surfaced)

For me, I liked both communities equally.

I'll keep everyone posted on where I decided to move when I find the house of my dreams.

Thanks,

UZY

caliguy - 15 Oak Canyon Trail, zip 92679, received an NOD, with a notice of sale amount of $1,566,858.12. The current listing price is $1,850,000. I am guessing the notice of sale amount is the first and am wondering if there is a second or HELOC and how much. What do you think?

The original listing price was $2,350,000. (snicker, snicker)

[quote author="awgee" date=1215042279]Update: 1 Tanglewood

Back to bank for $743,930 on 4-29-2008.

The bank has it listed at $849,500. Morons.

Maybe the listing agent needs to show the bank that their competition is 3 Hartford, listed at $739,000 and actively seeking a buyer at $700,000.</blockquote>
Update: A realtor told us this weekend that 1 Tanglewood was been trashed by the recent buyers. He said the only salvageable item in the house is the kitchen granite. This is the house we almost bought (glad we didn't buy).

[quote author="awgee" date=1215465135]caliguy - 15 Oak Canyon Trail, zip 92679, received an NOD, with a notice of sale amount of $1,566,858.12. The current listing price is $1,850,000. I am guessing the notice of sale amount is the first and am wondering if there is a second or HELOC and how much. What do you think?

The original listing price was $2,350,000. (snicker, snicker)</blockquote>

There is most certainly a lot of debt on that place. A <em>lot</em> of debt. Looks like they bought in '94 for $167,500. The 1st loan on the property (made in '04) is for $1.4 million. Then there is $600k of additional debt showing up from '05 and '06 - I'm not sure though if these are HELOCs or what, and if they are whether they were tapped or not.

There is also what looks like a standalone 2nd for $250k in March '07 on top of everything else.

[quote author="caliguy2699" date=1215471997][quote author="awgee" date=1215465135]caliguy - 15 Oak Canyon Trail, zip 92679, received an NOD, with a notice of sale amount of $1,566,858.12. The current listing price is $1,850,000. I am guessing the notice of sale amount is the first and am wondering if there is a second or HELOC and how much. What do you think?

The original listing price was $2,350,000. (snicker, snicker)</blockquote>

There is most certainly a lot of debt on that place. A <em>lot</em> of debt. Looks like they bought in '94 for $167,500. The 1st loan on the property (made in '04) is for $1.4 million. Then there is $600k of additional debt showing up from '05 and '06 - I'm not sure though if these are HELOCs or what, and if they are whether they were tapped or not.

There is also what looks like a standalone 2nd for $250k in March '07 on top of everything else.</blockquote>
My guess is that the $167,500 was the price paid for the dirt. The $1.4M is the loan to pay off the construction loan, and who knows what the $600k was for. Is the $1,566,858.12 the amount that was refied to pay of the $1.4 and $167,500? I dunno.

CalGal - Looks like 33 Summerside may have sold. It was the Countrywide REO that went back for $1,044,382 and was listed at $1.1M. It will be interesting to see how much it sold for.

1 Tanglewood is inactive. :down: It's so frustrating to see your favorite houses get scooped up. I wish the market would bottom out so we can buy something. From a financial standpoint, it's just not the right time (unless you want to see your down payment vanish week by week).

[quote author="CalGal" date=1215651226]1 Tanglewood is inactive. :down: It's so frustrating to see your favorite houses get scooped up. I wish the market would bottom out so we can buy something. From a financial standpoint, it's just not the right time (unless you want to see your down payment vanish week by week).</blockquote>

Did it sell? I thought it was overpriced.

[quote author="awgee" date=1215658540][quote author="CalGal" date=1215651226]1 Tanglewood is inactive. :down: It's so frustrating to see your favorite houses get scooped up. I wish the market would bottom out so we can buy something. From a financial standpoint, it's just not the right time (unless you want to see your down payment vanish week by week).</blockquote>

Did it sell? I thought it was overpriced.</blockquote>
It's in "Backup Offer" status.

It will be interesting to see how much it sold for.

It was listed for $309/sq ft with 17,000 sq ft lot (big for Coto) and a pool.

It needed work - even before it was allegedly trashed by the last owners.

Back