The 2020 Presidential Election

NEW -> Contingent Buyer Assistance Program
irvinehomeowner said:
Mety said:
Is it the President's job to be a moral role model?

That's a weird question.

In my opinion... part of being President *is* to be a moral role model.

Says who?

While I surely hope the President or any public figure would be someone everyone can look up to including his/her moral life style, it certainly is not the requirement for them to be voted in the Office. Any past president with such a good moral we can all admire?

Mety said:
irvinehomeowner said:
Mety said:

Oh please, any career politician has a moral compass slightly below that of a used car salesman who thrives at a buy here pay here dealership.

That's a weird question.

Says who?

While I surely hope the President or any public figure would be someone everyone can look up to including his/her moral life style, it certainly is not the requirement for them to be voted in the Office. Any past president with such a good moral we can all admire?

Mety said:
irvinehomeowner said:
Mety said:

That's a weird question.

Says who?

Uh... me. That's what usually what "in my opinion" means.

I'm not sure what your definition of moral is but I think any elected official should have some type of morality. Although our current POTUS is questionable. :)

Let?s talk about gun violence out of control aka mass shootings. (Don?t blame me)
Trump was going to do something per televised meeting wit congress. But he did nothing. Not a single thing.

Drugs are of control in this country.

irvinehomeowner said:
I'm not sure what your definition of moral is but I think any elected official should have some type of morality. Although our current POTUS is questionable. :)

You say they "should" have some type of morality, but is that a requirement of the POTUS? That's my 1st question. I'm not saying they can do or be whatever they want. I'm pointing out the facts, not wishes of "they should."

2nd question, what's your definition of moral? My definition would be staying married to the person he/she promised to be with, which the current POTUS failed. Also being kind to the needy and accept the poor, which he seems to be failing again since he's not so kind to "poorer" nations even though it might be out of political motives. One can be moral if he/she is loving people who are not lovable or even people who are "enemies." But again, Trump is not really that type of a person. There are more I can say, but just pointing out the President(s) fail to meet "my" definition of moral. So what's yours?

3rd, since you said the current POTUS is questionable for fitting into your definition of moral, what is it that the past ones, if any, had?

eyephone said:
Throw out moral.

The better question should be: Is that person qualified? Does that person have good judgment?

This is actually a better question. If I'm correct, eyephone never used Trump's morality to question his service. eyephone always used political agendas to argue, which would be more fitting to point out if the POTUS is doing the job right or not.

Mety said:
eyephone said:
Throw out moral.

The better question should be: Is that person qualified? Does that person have good judgment?

This is actually a better question. If I'm correct, eyephone never used Trump's morality to question his service. eyephone always used political agendas to argue, which would be more fitting to point out if the POTUS is doing the job right or not.

God Bless America! ;)

Aren't good judgement and morality related?

And yes, morality should be a requirement of the POTUS... it should be the requirement of any good leader.

Says me (in case Mety gets confused). :)

irvinehomeowner said:
Aren't good judgement and morality related?

And yes, morality should be a requirement of the POTUS... it should be the requirement of any good leader.

Says me (in case Mety gets confused). :)

So you can't name one past President who was moral? Man, what's happened to America?

Actually... most of them were... some were questionable ("I am not a crook!").

I thought Obama was a very moral man.. and the Bushes.

Clinton... well.

I'm not old enough to remember before that although Kennedy was well regarded (but there was some questions about his fidelity).

irvinehomeowner said:

Clinton... well.

I'm not old enough to remember before that although Kennedy was well regarded (but there was some questions about his fidelity).

I guess it now becomes subjective matters, but while Obama seemed all that nice externally, he actually is responsible for destroying the very basic foundation of morality IMO.

Mety said:
irvinehomeowner said:

Clinton... well.

I guess it now becomes subjective matters, but while Obama seemed all that nice externally, he actually is responsible for destroying the very basic foundation of morality IMO.

But didn?t he smile cigarettes? Heehe

Kings said:
irvinehomeowner said:
I thought Obama was a very moral man

is spying on your political opponent moral?

:)

There you go again. Totally fake.
How about tell your staff to tell the truth when they talk to law enforcement? How about tell them not to drink and talk about work?

I guess there is nothing wrong for a member of your transition team to be paid by a foreign government and not disclosing it. Lol

Get of out here!

irvinehomeowner said:
Kings said:
irvinehomeowner said:
I thought Obama was a very moral man

is spying on your political opponent moral?

:)

So you've never cheated on anything in your entire life?

We're talking about morality not perfection.

Don?t fall for Kings trap. He doesn?t paint the whole picture.

It?s like saying a cop followed a person. But failed to mention that the person didn?t stop at the stop sign, and there was a lot of smoke coming from inside the car.

Back