Tesla Model 3

NEW -> Contingent Buyer Assistance Program
After a few years of waiting Tesla gave me a call today. The car is ready to pickup in Costa Mesa on Sunday. Pls stay solvent untill my warranty is up  ;)

inv0ke-epipen said:
After a few years of waiting Tesla gave me a call today. The car is ready to pickup in Costa Mesa on Sunday. Pls stay solvent untill my warranty is up  ;)

friend of mine picked up theirs 2 weeks ago.  still in the shop today.  make sure you do a thorough inspection and hope you have better luck!

inv0ke-epipen said:
Oh snap, what issues did he run into?
one window wasn't closing all the way, touch screen wasn't calibrated correctly, and charging port would open randomly on its own

Just placed order for the Model 3 today=)  What is the typical delivery time from order to delivery in OC area?  I am think 1-2 months?

Goriot said:
Just placed order for the Model 3 today=)  What is the typical delivery time from order to delivery in OC area?  I am think 1-2 months?

Dude. I thought the wait is longer.

Kings said:
inv0ke-epipen said:
one window wasn't closing all the way, touch screen wasn't calibrated correctly, and charging port would open randomly on its own

Weird bunch of issues, I'll report back with my experience. My luck isn't great, my last new car, Subaru,  blew up its engine after a few thousand miles.

inv0ke-epipen said:
Kings said:
inv0ke-epipen said:

Weird bunch of issues, I'll report back with my experience. My luck isn't great, my last new car, Subaru,  blew up its engine after a few thousand miles.

Let me guess you drive to fast? ;)

Goriot said:

What config did you order?

RWD are being delivered in 3-6 weeks. AWD haven't started delivery yet, somewhere between 2-3 months estimated for new orders. There is a pretty big queue of AWD orders still, but they've mostly worked through the queue of RWD LR orders in north america.

Performance orders also get priority, probably similar to RWD, maybe a little longer.

Standard range, supposedly 2019, probably depends how well the higher trim cars are selling. They probably will be 40k to start, assuming the required 'premium package' will be the last thing to go.

eyephone said:
inv0ke-epipen said:
Kings said:
inv0ke-epipen said:

Let me guess you drive to fast? ;)

It actually happened while driving in a starbucks parking lot. Turned out a batch of pistons was machined out of spec from the factory, and it shredded one of my rod bearings.

inv0ke-epipen said:
Kings said:
inv0ke-epipen said:

don't be afraid to demand a model s loaner if you do run into any issues.  i hear they're a little reluctant to give them out lately

inv0ke-epipen said:
Goriot said:

What config did you order?

RWD are being delivered in 3-6 weeks. AWD haven't started delivery yet, somewhere between 2-3 months estimated for new orders. There is a pretty big queue of AWD orders still, but they've mostly worked through the queue of RWD LR orders in north america.

Performance orders also get priority, probably similar to RWD, maybe a little longer.

Standard range, supposedly 2019, probably depends how well the higher trim cars are selling. They probably will be 40k to start, assuming the required 'premium package' will be the last thing to go.

I ordered the RWD, Pearl White with the upgraded wheels.  3-6 week estimate sounds about right from what I hear especially having reserved the car Day-1. 

inv0ke-epipen said:
If you are a day 1, you'll probably get it really quickly.

Oh wow, I just got called to pick it up next Tuesday.  Already on its way to the dealer.  Took 1-2 days! Whole process so far was really fast and so smooth and easy. 

Definitely better experience then driving to the dealer, haggling, filing paper work that takes at least half a day.

Goriot said:
Definitely better experience then driving to the dealer, haggling, filing paper work that takes at least half a day.

When you overpay for something the seller normally treats you very well. You are a good customer :-)

qwerty said:
Goriot said:

When you overpay for something the seller normally treats you very well. You are a good customer :-)

Well Irvine Company and every home builders in Irvine don't treat you as well for Overpaying big time.  At least the tax payers are helping me off set some of the overpayment this time=)

qwerty said:
Goriot said:

A co-worker just received his Model 3 - $60K for a car with hubcaps. Crazy.

Back