Retail Openings and Closures

NEW -> Contingent Buyer Assistance Program
irvinehomeowner said:
So I can confirm Bruxie's will open in the old Fuji Kan location.

Was in the Heritage Plaza yesterday and the signs are up on the construction fences... gonna be bonkers when they open.

I like Bruxie - tried it a few times down in RSM, but definitely not good enough to deal with crowds, etc.  I actually don't understand a lot of these trendy food hypes.  Like Cronuts?  Don't people have better things to do than wait in line for this stuff?

Here's another restaurant opening soon in Orchard Hills (if you build it, the FCBs will come...)..

SHIN Sushi & Steak
(Coming Soon)
Phone: (714) 544-2800
Store Location: Orchard Hills Village Center Suite: 3923

A traditional Japanese restaurant offering healthy dining, including sushi and other specialties.

irvinehomeowner said:
That center needs a place like Tutti. It was there for 3 years I think.

I loved Tutti.  I went to Quail Hill just for their yogurt.  I hope another Tutti Frutti opens up somewhere else in Irvine, instead of another Yogurtland.

However Golden Spoon is back at the Trader Joe's Plaza on Walnut and Culver.  I haven't tried it yet but hope its good.

ps9 said:
Here's another restaurant opening soon in Orchard Hills (if you build it, the FCBs will come...)..

SHIN Sushi & Steak
(Coming Soon)
Phone: (714) 544-2800
Store Location: Orchard Hills Village Center Suite: 3923

A traditional Japanese restaurant offering healthy dining, including sushi and other specialties.

Looks like Asian invasion of food in OH mall now:

1) Looks like Shin is taking over where Ayame used to be. I'm assuming this is a new owner as opposed to a Ayame Redux. That old restaurant never seemed to die.

fc0cnt.jpg

2) Old Golden Spoon spot is being taken over by Ren Asian Bistro coming this Fall.

v2wp5y.jpg

ZeroLot said:
irvinehomeowner said:

I loved Tutti.  I went to Quail Hill just for their yogurt.  I hope another Tutti Frutti opens up somewhere else in Irvine, instead of another Yogurtland.

However Golden Spoon is back at the Trader Joe's Plaza on Walnut and Culver.  I haven't tried it yet but hope its good.

There is a Tutti in the Woodbury Shopping Center.

Irvinecommuter said:
ZeroLot said:
irvinehomeowner said:

OMG!  Thank you!!  I am so going to visit it tomorrow!

ZeroLot said:
Irvinecommuter said:
ZeroLot said:
irvinehomeowner said:

OMG!  Thank you!!  I am so going to visit it tomorrow!

I went there.  The Tutti Frutti in Woodbury didn't taste as good as the one in Quail Hill.  Tasted watered down. 

Wife picked up a JapanUp! mag from Sagami and saw this ad for the new Shin Sushi and Steak... Looks like it will be a Japanese owned? Japanese restaurant (since it was mentioned in JapanUp!)..  Can't wait..

New Islands opening in Market Place.. not sure what it's replacing (LaZ Boy?) .. who cares.. thumbs up for Islands.. kid friendly... happy hour....bloody Hula burger... fries... IPA.. I'm there...

H        O        M        E        R said:
Whats bonefish grill? I see that on the flyer.
Seafood place going where the Black Angus used to be.

I think they have one off McArthur near Newport.

Looked online and it seems that it's a chain type of restaurant with no other locations in California. (Tried to double check but their server went down, haha)  Owned by the people who bring you: Carrabba's Italian Grill, Fleming's Prime Steakhouse & Wine Bar, Outback Steakhouse, and Roy's.

If anyone goes, let me know how it compares to CA Fish Grill.

Back