Retail Openings and Closures

NEW -> Contingent Buyer Assistance Program
It would seem appropriate for a TI meet at an open house or model home or something.. perhaps an open house in North Tustin with an acre lot?

There are a few new 7-11s open in Irvine now -- Main/McArthur, Alton/Culver and Sand Canyon/Irvine Center.

Just need more check cashing stores.

Cubic Zirconia said:
Garden Patch Indian market is closing. Guess Aria stole their business with cheaper prices and fresh(er) merchandise?

It doesn't shock me one bit.  The location is way too expensive and the audience too small.  I almost never see anyone there and usually only use it as a shortcut between the Target and the food section. 

Irvinecommuter said:
Cubic Zirconia said:
Garden Patch Indian market is closing. Guess Aria stole their business with cheaper prices and fresh(er) merchandise?

It doesn't shock me one bit.  The location is way too expensive and the audience too small.  I almost never see anyone there and usually only use it as a shortcut between the Target and the food section.

I use that shortcut all the time and get nasty stares from the workers...most likely probably the owners.

broda said:
Irvinecommuter said:
Cubic Zirconia said:

I use that shortcut all the time and get nasty stares from the workers...most likely probably the owners.

LOL! Am I the only one who actually shopped there? IC- you are right about almost no one shopping there. Sometimes at 3.30 I would be their first customer. What do you guys think will occupy that spot?

Cubic Zirconia said:
broda said:
Irvinecommuter said:
Cubic Zirconia said:

LOL! Am I the only one who actually shopped there? IC- you are right about almost no one shopping there. Sometimes at 3.30 I would be their first customer. What do you guys think will occupy that spot?

It's hard to say.  It's a pretty big space.  TIC still hasn't filled that spot where Pat and Oscar used to be. 

irvinehomeowner said:
I think Veggie Grill in Crossroads is opening this week... passed by during the weekend and they look like they are ready.

Got an email from TIC on Thursday that it's open.

irvinehomeowner said:
I think Veggie Grill in Crossroads is opening this week... passed by during the weekend and they look like they are ready.
It is open... ate there this week.

Bigger than the Spectrum one.

USCTrojanCPA said:
qwerty said:
has anyone tried Which Wich at the Tustin Marketplace next to Dairy Queen? 
What do they serve?  Want to grab lunch over there this weekend?

They have interesting sandwiches. If we do have lunch it has to be on Sunday. My sister is in town tomorrow. The inlaws are supposed to come up on Sunday but they flake a lot. I'll keep you posted.

qwerty said:
USCTrojanCPA said:
qwerty said:
has anyone tried Which Wich at the Tustin Marketplace next to Dairy Queen? 
What do they serve?  Want to grab lunch over there this weekend?

They have interesting sandwiches. If we do have lunch it has to be on Sunday. My sister is in town tomorrow. The inlaws are supposed to come up on Sunday but they flake a lot. I'll keep you posted.
Sunday works...just text me.  My dad is working on Sunday and will come down on Wednesday to go to the Angel game for a belated Father's Day. 

TIC finally got someone to the fill the vacancy left by Golden Spoon at the Orchard Hill Shopping center via way of Ren Asian Bistro.  According to the TIC website, the place offers "quick-service Chinese cuisine."  It's set to open in the fall. 

That center is really nice and quiet but the configuration of stores is really strange.  The Pavilions, Peets and the Mexican restaurant are all really good.  The Italian place is terrible.  Zov's is way overpriced (but seems popular) and I liked the Japanese place when it served shabu shabu.  All the other stores there are overpriced...the Spa and Chico's seems a little bit out of place. 

There needs to be a few more casual restaurants there. 

I'm not sure there's any rhyme or reason to Irvine Company's placement of stores in their centers.  It almost seems like if you are able to pay the rents, they'll welcome you with open arms.  Look at Woodbury Town Center - there is a preschool in between Ralphs and Walgreens which makes ZERO sense.  Then they're opening some mediterranean restaurant near the bike shop and Ralphs which is away from all the other restaurants & outdoor dining space in the center.

I'm not sure how popular Zov's is.  Everytime I go - it's pretty quiet.  They do serve brunch on the weekends which is nice if you want a sit down type environment.  They probably got rent concessions from TIC since the promised mansions @ OH haven't been built yet.

Back