Retail Openings and Closures

NEW -> Contingent Buyer Assistance Program
Tried the new Golden Spoon that opened in Oak Creek. They said they have been open for 2 months.

They are back to old school pricing, based on size, toppings extra... max flavors depends on size (mini can get up to 3).

Not sure if they are going to make it a 2nd time around, Yogurtland has more variety.

Tried the new Golden Spoon that opened in Oak Creek. They said they have been open for 2 months.

They are back to old school pricing, based on size, toppings extra... max flavors depends on size (mini can get up to 3).

Not sure if they are going to make it a 2nd time around, Yogurtland has more variety.
Handels would have been better.

I'm not sure of the appeal of Handel's. The other locations I've been to, there has always been a line... the Alton one doesn't seem as busy.

Wanderlust on the other hand always seems packed.

I'm not sure of the appeal of Handel's. The other locations I've been to, there has always been a line... the Alton one doesn't seem as busy.

Wanderlust on the other hand always seems packed.
Handel's has almost too many flavors and it's your run of the mill classic ice cream shop. I also think it was hyped up because it wasn't in OC until 2017 or 2018 I believe. The first time I ever had it was actually in Carlsbad and that location was crazy busy.

Wanderlust is a trendy LA ice cream shop that had lots of anticipation for its opening. It's funny because I haven't been to Wanderlust where it was packed for a while. I thought the hype died down, but now it's hotter so maybe that's why.

Handel's has almost too many flavors and it's your run of the mill classic ice cream shop. I also think it was hyped up because it wasn't in OC until 2017 or 2018 I believe. The first time I ever had it was actually in Carlsbad and that location was crazy busy.

Wanderlust is a trendy LA ice cream shop that had lots of anticipation for its opening. It's funny because I haven't been to Wanderlust where it was packed for a while. I thought the hype died down, but now it's hotter so maybe that's why.
Wonderlust also has rotating flavors that they are willing to rotate and well.. make mistakes.

the last batch of Thai milk tea and boba was ... bleh.

Wonderlust also has rotating flavors that they are willing to rotate and well.. make mistakes.

the last batch of Thai milk tea and boba was ... bleh.
Yeah I've definitely been there before where the flavors were really bland and then much more flavorful the next time...

Looks like Broken Yolk opened, even outside looked crowded from Barranca.

Starbucks opening where Outback used to be.

Tried the Bagel Shack off of Alton and Jeffrey (old UPS store location), not sure how good a business bagels are.

@irvinehomeowner

Having structured home mortgages for a few bagel shop owners, I can assure you there's gold in them thar hills.

Bagels and Brew, Lake Forest is my go-to for great bagels. They need to open one further North for the Irvinites to enjoy.

Back