Proposed cemetery near Great Park and the new Irvine 5th high school

NEW -> Contingent Buyer Assistance Program
jmoney74 said:
qwerty said:
You have to be a fucking moron to believe in feng shui. Stairs facing the door means wealth escapes??? Give me a fucking break.

Actually it means bad juju goes and stays at your house.

Do you have any superstitions?

Really?  I thought it meant what qwerty said too. Oops! 
But feng shui aside, I really don't like opening up the front door and having stairs right in front of me. From an aesthetic standpoint.

qwerty said:
You have to be a fucking moron to believe in feng shui. Stairs facing the door means wealth escapes??? Give me a fucking break.

Nope, it means if you fall down the stairs and the door happens to be open, you will roll out of your house and into the street and die in the gutter.. pure science baby, think about it, pok gai feng shui

Wealth escapes for FS if front door has a direct line to back door/patio door. Makes sense. If you had both doors open, put a whole bunch of bills and use a leaf blower or large fan, wealth would probably escape through the other door.  Logical enough to me. 😇

jmoney74 said:
qwerty said:
jmoney74 said:
qwerty said:

No.

Assuming you're an atheist too?

you are correct. I say the following every night before i go to sleep and when i wake up: In Qwerty we trust.

qwerty said:
I say the following every night before i go to sleep and when i wake up: In Qwerty we trust.
But what happens if you don't wake up? Where will you be? I'm sure you wonder about that.

#TryingToSaveQwertheist
#GodGaveYouThatBat

irvinehomeowner said:
qwerty said:
I say the following every night before i go to sleep and when i wake up: In Qwerty we trust.
But what happens if you don't wake up? Where will you be? I'm sure you wonder about that.

#TryingToSaveQwertheist
#GodGaveYouThatBat

Actually I do think about how I'm going to die, not what happens afterward. I've always believed we should have a choice on when to call it a day(life) and was glad to see California pass the right to die bill. I still think they need to take it further though. When I'm 70-75 (assuming I'm starting to fall apart) I want to be able to go into a pharmacy, get my death pill, go to tommys and top it off with my pill and be done.

i've never post anything since i start reading posts of talk irvine after the IHO forum. i always love all the different news, views, resources about Irvine real estate. i think the responses to this post is really negative. hostility and resentment toward people who has different beliefs. you can mock others as fool, but let's see if you can answer these simple questions.

can anyone know what will happen to him/her the next minute?
can anyone turn their white hair back to black? (meaning turn back your time, gain your youth)
can anyone decide how he or she can die?

Qwerty, you may wish you can live until 70. you may wish you can die the dignify way you want. the truth is, you have no say. none of us has. we do not give life, nor do we have the right to take life. just remember that someone tell you this truth in this day. only a fool will think that he/she can live and do things tomorrow.

this is my 1st and last post in this forum. i am so so disappointed in this group. There are so many bigots and racists here.

I don't have the right to take someone else's life but I sure can take mine how I want and when I want. Do you even see the irony in your own post? U say you like different beliefs and say yo don't like the hostility towards others with different beliefs yet you call me a fool for thinking I have the right to take my own life based on your religious beliefs.

I may be a fool but your a fucking idiot

Always lurking behind the next door are religious beliefs, when discussing superstitions. However, I can't think of any religious beliefs people have that affect nearly every aspect of houses. That's why FS is a topic discussed here.

Well, here's one - What if a mosque were being planned for Beacon Park? We'd get some crazies protesting and circulating petitions on that too.

All home purchasers have different priorities when evaluating a home's layout and location. For person X one feature is a must have, to person Y this same feature is a deal breaker (i.e. downstairs bedroom, north facing front door etc.). Same goes for location and the surrounding area (i.e. proximity to freeways, mountains, which neighborhood). The point of this thread is the individual's view on the location of a cemetery - it's a personal decision for whatever reason. Do I believe in Feng Shui and if not, are the believers wrong? In both instances, it DOESN'T matter. The FACT is that for a majority of the current potential buyer pool (most who don't look at this forum, even less who care what its members post and, most importantly, actually purchase homes!) the location of the proposed cemetery is an issue and all potential buyers have to at least consider this fact. Again whether it's important to YOU is your personal choice and your opinions of others opinions/belief systems doesn't matter.

The real question should be, will this proposed cemetery ever get built? It was a recommendation by one council member (who is no longer there) and is definitely not a done deal. There has already been opposition to the cemetery at city meetings and petition drives started - is there the political will the see it through? Then there's the little issue of funding - both governmental and private. Will 5 Points evaluate their potential financial impact and do whatever it takes to stop it? Will there be a ballot initiative in Irvine to stop this project dead (pun intended)? Examine other new cemeteries and their approval process. It wasn't an easy task, took a long time, and many didn't make it. Who knows, maybe this cemetery will finally open in 2035 when many of the current posters might want to get buried there?! Let's keep it civil... 

DrTravel said:
All home purchasers have different priorities when evaluating a home's layout and location. For person X one feature is a must have, to person Y this same feature is a deal breaker (i.e. downstairs bedroom, north facing front door etc.). Same goes for location and the surrounding area (i.e. proximity to freeways, mountains, which neighborhood). The point of this thread is the individual's view on the location of a cemetery - it's a personal decision for whatever reason. Do I believe in Feng Shui and if not, are the believers wrong? In both instances, it DOESN'T matter. The FACT is that for a majority of the current potential buyer pool (most who don't look at this forum, even less who care what its members post and, most importantly, actually purchase homes!) the location of the proposed cemetery is an issue and all potential buyers have to at least consider this fact. Again whether it's important to YOU is your personal choice and your opinions of others opinions/belief systems doesn't matter.

The real question should be, will this proposed cemetery ever get built? It was a recommendation by one council member (who is no longer there) and is definitely not a done deal. There has already been opposition to the cemetery at city meetings and petition drives started - is there the political will the see it through? Then there's the little issue of funding - both governmental and private. Will 5 Points evaluate their potential financial impact and do whatever it takes to stop it? Will there be a ballot initiative in Irvine to stop this project dead (pun intended)? Examine other new cemeteries and their approval process. It wasn't an easy task, took a long time, and many didn't make it. Who knows, maybe this cemetery will finally open in 2035 when many of the current posters might want to get buried there?! Let's keep it civil... 

The only problem I have with this reasoning, are the false comparisons. People who have preferences (proximity to amenities they value, distance from things they dislike, house features, etc.) can typically provide a reasonable logical argument why they have this preference. This is impossible with the hundreds of FS preferences directly related to housing. If I'm wrong, please correct me.

Please share a source supporting the argument that "the majority of Beacon Park, or Irvine, buyers are FS believers." This is just a theory, but I think most prospective Irvine buyers are simply aware of FS superstitions, and are afraid FS "problems" with any house will devalue the house; and they're not interested in hearing from friends and family who visit the house about how horrible any FS problem is, repeatedly.

qwerty said:
irvinehomeowner said:
qwerty said:

#TryingToSaveQwertheist
#GodGaveYouThatBat

Actually I do think about how I'm going to die, not what happens afterward. I've always believed we should have a choice on when to call it a day(life) and was glad to see California pass the right to die bill. I still think they need to take it further though. When I'm 70-75 (assuming I'm starting to fall apart) I want to be able to go into a pharmacy, get my death pill, go to tommys and top it off with my pill and be done.
I know you're not a believer but just in case, I suggest martyrdom in case the 70 virgins are for real.

jmoney74 said:
qwerty said:
jmoney74 said:
qwerty said:

No.

Assuming you're an atheist too?

That seems like a weird assumption...Christianity doesn't have superstitions.

So we decided to sell our house instead of rent it out and FS was a HUGE issue us and it was a major problem for my neighbor who eventually took their house off the market.

I couldn't think of a FS problem my neighbor could have but for goodness sake it involved ONE palm tree (they have a few but for some stupid reason this ONE was a problem and not for one person it came up over and over). Buyers would go outside and point and go on and on about this one palm tree and they were told "bad FS" by several buyers who pointed at that one tree.

The people buying our house must not have a problem with FS because they didn't mention the front door/back door issue but EVERYONE else other than one family who are not Chinese did and it was a deal killer for several who came to see our house.

I think FS is just a plain stupid reason to buy or not buy a $2 million dollar house but apparently it can/does come down to that.

Ready2Downsize said:
So we decided to sell our house instead of rent it out and FS was a HUGE issue us and it was a major problem for my neighbor who eventually took their house off the market.
Congrats on your sale.

Ready2Downsize said:
I think FS is just a plain stupid reason to buy or not buy a $2 million dollar house but apparently it can/does come down to that.

It's pointless to argue the validity of FS. You're not going to convince the believers otherwise, and vice versa.

Call it stupid. Call it superstition. Even if you don't believe FS, the question is do you care if you lose potential buyers or get a lower price when you sell because of it. If you don't more power to you. If the cemetery goes up in the current proposed location, you can bet communities within a few miles will be impacted. I certainly don't see anything wrong for people to not want a cemetery in close proximity, whether if it's because FS or just want to protect what is likely their single largest investment.

I feel sorry for many of you living in a less ideal home because of a resale to a FCB. Why do everyone think they will sell their home when you all agree Irvine is heaven. Why move? Wouldn't you want to live in your home forever?

Irvine Dream said:
Ready2Downsize said:
Congrats on your sale.

Nice edit. The stalk is strong with you :) :) :) :)

Back