Proposed cemetery near Great Park and the new Irvine 5th high school

NEW -> Contingent Buyer Assistance Program
hello said:
whats wrong with not wanting a cemetery by your house?  its personal preference and potentially could be a financial issue in the future. 
Stuperstitions are silly and we could easily say Feng Shui is dumb, but so is being scared of friday the 13th, 666, breaking a mirror, walking under a ladder, etc, etc. 

Hey if I spent 7 figures to buy a house, Id want a say on this...

All of those superstitions are mocked here as well. What's wrong with not wanting a cemetery, is the reason why people don't want a cemetery. Why is it your personal preference?

Probably wouldn't bother these folks as much if it where more isolated as with many cemeteries.  With it being connected to this great park and thus part of their neighborhood its having to see it while having a picnic, from the classrooms, from the bedrooms means it's closer than just being there.  If one sees it that often it becomes part of ones surrounding and therefore ones life then say one that might pass it while driving by even if daily.

Too bad vets aren't the ones buying there, but then again having the memory of those killed in action that close and reliving that might be overwhelming. 

I'm growing snake oil in my back yard.  Anyone want in?  C'mon you FCB's...isn't snake oil an essential part of your herbal regiment?

Are the builders obligated to inform all buyers before they sign paperwork that there is a proposed cemetery that may have an impact on their home? One of their numerous disclosures maybe. If so, how close is legally considered "impact"? Wonder is someone who is far along in their Cypress Village purchase could now back out because of the proposed cemetery?

On a side note, for the Feng Shui issues, there are always ways to counteract some negative chi by adding some positive chi...

Here is the classic behavior of a shill:

Start a controversial posting however the individuals have very few post counts and "Thanks".
With the permission from the boss the posters will do a follow-up with some justifications. The posters are not allowed to post his or her thoughts. The boss is often too busy to interact with the shills or takes too long for the corporate to agree on what to say to keeping up with  the speed and dynamic of the thread. The shills become dormant. Shill is now meeting with his boss to discuss my post and may likely reappear to demonstrate he or she is not a shill. That approval from the corporate will take sometime.

irvinehomeshopper said:

Start a controversial posting however the individuals have very few post counts and "Thanks".
With the permission from the boss the posters will do a follow-up with some justifications. The posters are not allowed to post his or her thoughts. The boss is often too busy to interact with the shills or takes too long for the corporate to agree on what to say to keeping up with  the speed and dynamic of the thread. The shills become dormant. Shill is now meeting with his boss to discuss my post and may likely reappear to demonstrate he or she is not a shill. That approval from the corporate will take sometime.

Wait...who is the shill here?  I think we just redirect the threat to the other cemetery/BP thread that is 50+ pages long and close this thread out.

The starter of this thread.

Irvinecommuter said:
irvinehomeshopper said:

Wait...who is the shill here?  I think we just redirect the threat to the other cemetery/BP thread that is 50+ pages long and close this thread out.

Perspective said:
hello said:
whats wrong with not wanting a cemetery by your house?  its personal preference and potentially could be a financial issue in the future. 
Stuperstitions are silly and we could easily say Feng Shui is dumb, but so is being scared of friday the 13th, 666, breaking a mirror, walking under a ladder, etc, etc. 

All of those superstitions are mocked here as well. What's wrong with not wanting a cemetery, is the reason why people don't want a cemetery. Why is it your personal preference?

why do you question someone's personal preference?  Some may not want to live next to a cemetery.  You may not want to live next to a freeway...  I like blue, you may like red. 

hello said:
Perspective said:
hello said:

why do you question someone's personal preference?  Some may not want to live next to a cemetery.  You may not want to live next to a freeway...  I like blue, you may like red.

That's perfectly fine. Now explain WHY?!?

Perspective said:
hello said:
Perspective said:
hello said:

Ill bite and entertain you.  I may not want a cemetery because I do not like the idea of dead people being buried close to my house.  I may not like the reminder of death.  I may not like the fact that this may hurt my ability to resell my house later.  I may not like the idea that because less people would be interested in the house, I may not be able to sell it for a higher price.  I may not like it because its BAD FENG SHUI.

Why do you feel that you need an explain as to why someone has a personal preference for or against something?  Get over it, its not about you.  Its about the people who own a home there.  If these people do not like a cemetery by their house, then its just as simple as that.  Regardless of whether their preference is based on "science" (as you called it) or just silly superstition. 

Goodness gracious. You needn't feel obligated to answer any question here. There's no need for the apparent offense taken. If you're worried about future resale value being discounted due to a cemetery nearby (what is the critical distance anyway?), then wouldn't the current price be discounted due to a cemetery nearby? You'd be getting a deal today, offsetting the lower sale value later, no?

I ask people to explain why, because actually explaining reasons behind beliefs makes people think about how silly their beliefs can be, when they're defending them. Why is it "bad FS"? What's going to happen to you if you live within a certain, undefined, distance from a cemetery?

eatthis said:
Perspective said:

No. You explain WHY you think everyone should want a cemetery next door and our high school.

I'd gladly accept a cemetery near my house. It's open beautiful green space celebrating lives. The only better alternative might be a preserve. Any other options increase density in the area and daily traffic.

You have to be a fucking moron to believe in feng shui. Stairs facing the door means wealth escapes??? Give me a fucking break.

qwerty said:
You have to be a fucking moron to believe in feng shui. Stairs facing the door means wealth escapes??? Give me a fucking break.

Actually it means bad juju goes and stays at your house.

Do you have any superstitions?

jmoney74 said:
qwerty said:

No.

qwerty said:
jmoney74 said:
qwerty said:

No.

Assuming you're an atheist too?

Back