Presidential Elections

NEW -> Contingent Buyer Assistance Program
If China gets the 60% tariff, I will increase my prices by 50% because I know my competition has to increase it by 60%.
Why would I leave money on the table?

This will inflate everyones prices...but I'll be richer..

Are Trumpers so ignorant that they don't know that tariffs is basically a form of tax for American consumers? It's NOT China paying for it, it's American consumers paying for it.
Are Kackala Dems so ignorant that they don’t know that price controls create shortages and increase prices?… it’s not corporations paying for it, it’s American consumers paying for it.🤦🏽‍♂️😂😂😂

Actually... that's why I brought up the ebikes... at least 5 brands that I know of, have closed in the last 6 years. Juiced just announced their closure last week. As for businesses, where did Pedego Irvine go? If you read the retail thread... how many stores have gone under?

Just admit it... you are biased on this, almost as much as morekaos... it's okay... but don't pretend tariffs have no effect on cost of goods or our economy.

Inflation doesn't come from nowhere. There are tons of articles that explained how tariffs have affected the economy, are you just ignoring that?

Not ignoring an average 2% inflation rate of 2017-2020 during those terrible terrible Tariff days.

So there are fewer E-Bike manufacturers and vendors. ZZZzzz OH, sorry. I dozed off browsing AOL chats and Asking Jeeves about the weather on my Compaq PC. Competition and oversaturation shuts companies faster than Tariffs ever will.

If China gets the 60% tariff, I will increase my prices by 50% because I know my competition has to increase it by 60%.
Why would I leave money on the table?

This will inflate everyones prices...but I'll be richer..
The real question is how TF were you in business before the tariff when China was selling the same product as you were for 60% less

But generally yes, tariffs distort supply/demand and are inflationary. There may be other reasons to impose a tariff that may offset the market supply/demand/price distortions though.

The real question is how TF were you in business before the tariff when China was selling the same product as you were for 60% less

But generally yes, tariffs distort supply/demand and are inflationary. There may be other reasons to impose a tariff that may offset the market supply/demand/price distortions though.
???

He imported from China before. He doesn't do it now, but his competition still does. If there's a 60% tariffs on China, his competition is the one paying for it. As a result, his competition has to pass it to the consumer. And zubs can then increase his price by 50%, which is still 10% less than his competition.

Back