Parasol Park

NEW -> Contingent Buyer Assistance Program
I've known people who live in the cleanest environment and have cancer, austism and health issues. Points you making is all fluffs. All assumptions. Ok so the risk of having cancer is what? 1 in 88 people?

ParasolParker said:
I do find fascinating is how some people really , reallydon't like the Great Park Neighborhoods while others absolutely love it  (myself included).  There are other very well loved communities here that for us just didn't do it.  Different strokes for different folks I guess! 
!

It would be interesting to see a break down by age and stage of life which homebuyers love/hate the Great Park, especially Parasol Park and other more "urban" settings in Irvine. Are you a Millenial/don't have kids by any chance?

So I'm guessing no one here has or will eat fresh strawberries and/or avocados that's most likely within the danger zone of the landfill?

YellowFever said:
AW said:
So I'm guessing no one here has or will eat fresh strawberries and/or avocados that's most likely within the danger zone of the landfill?

A big fuggin hell no!  My wife used to buy those organic vegetables grown on the soil of IVC. After I told her about TCE and pesticides, we vowed never to return.

Anytime I see any home grown farm in Irvine, I just think TCE, roundup, or formaldehyde.  ;D

Yeah, I find it hilarious how there used to be an organic strawberry farm right on the grounds of the Great Park by Marine Way....yeah, that seems like a good idea...

Will every thread will turn into a "Hazards of Irvine or how to get cancer by living" discussion?

I thought that's what http://www.talkirvine.com/index.php/topic,15273.0.html  was for.

It would be nice to  talk about Parasol Park here and go to that one for hazards / impending doom discussions, no?  It seems a lot of effort has gone into that analysis but to we need to see it in every single thread?

Everyone that has signed at BP, PP got the disclosures, so it's safe to assume that informed decisions have been made.  8)

We finally moved in and we love it. Can't wait for construction to be over, that's one of the drawbacks of being phase 1 anywhere.  We love the park and being able to just walk or bike over.  Can't wait either for the Water Wellness Park but heared a rumor from a neighbor that he is delayed and will open closer to fall.

I am not sure on pricing. Stopped looking once we closed, I saw some increases on Lanterns but not sure about the other builders.  I do hope they appreciate well ;-).

ParasolParker said:
We finally moved in and we love it. Can't wait for construction to be over, that's one of the drawbacks of being phase 1 anywhere.  We love the park and being able to just walk or bike over.  Can't wait either for the Water Wellness Park but heared a rumor from a neighbor that he is delayed and will open closer to fall.

I am not sure on pricing. Stopped looking once we closed, I saw some increases on Lanterns but not sure about the other builders.  I do hope they appreciate well ;-).

I was there today and they said September for the water wellness park

nyc to oc said:
ParasolParker said:
I do find fascinating is how some people really , reallydon't like the Great Park Neighborhoods while others absolutely love it  (myself included).  There are other very well loved communities here that for us just didn't do it.  Different strokes for different folks I guess! 
!

It would be interesting to see a break down by age and stage of life which homebuyers love/hate the Great Park, especially Parasol Park and other more "urban" settings in Irvine. Are you a Millenial/don't have kids by any chance?

I somehow missed this old post... I am not a Millenial and I do have kids. 

How do the Parasol Park folks feel about the 166 affordable apartments (Espaira & Lumaira) that are opening in ParP this summer? Looks like they are going for a more open design, keeping the apartments styling to look similar to the homes.  Sterling and Windchime would be affected most but I'm sure the parks & pools will see more usage from outside individuals.

Luxaira will also be opening next year, focusing on affordable senior living (157 units).  So, that entire strip of land back there will be affordable housing between the 3 mentioned and Solaira.

Prototype said:
How do the Parasol Park folks feel about the 166 affordable apartments (Espaira & Lumaira) that are opening in ParP this summer? Looks like they are going for a more open design, keeping the apartments styling to look similar to the homes.  Sterling and Windchime would be affected most but I'm sure the parks & pools will see more usage from outside individuals.

Luxaira will also be opening next year, focusing on affordable senior living.  So, that entire strip of land back there will be affordable housing between the 3 mentioned and Solaira.

I don't live in ParP, but I don't see any huge negative impact of affordable apartments.
There is also one near PS3 area called Anton Portola which my friend's family lives and they seem to get along fine.
PS3 prices are going higher each phase as well so I don't see any issues so far.

Also I believe the ParP amenities are strictly for the ParP owners/tenants.
Apartment amenities are supposed to be provided for them separate.

Mety said:
Prototype said:

Luxaira will also be opening next year, focusing on affordable senior living.  So, that entire strip of land back there will be affordable housing between the 3 mentioned and Solaira.

PS3 prices aure going higher each phase as well so I don't see any issues so far.

Just wait when it comes to sell....

There's affordable senior housing in PP (Solaira), not going to affect much or any at all. Actually there are several others scattered throughout Irvine, not like it's a new thing.

Back