Parasol Park

NEW -> Contingent Buyer Assistance Program
irvinehomeshopper said:
Congratulation PPker. I wish I could disclose all the fabulous things about to happen just south of your home. You made a good choice. In less than 10 years you will be thrilled.

Woot!!  Thanks for the encouragement! Man I wish you could give us a hint!! haha

The sense of impending doom on this board was making me nervous.. but we really love how the neighborhood is shaping up to be! I am sure we will love the place.

Five Point is doing an awesome job creating a different vibe in new homes in Irvine which is much needed. They put on awesome events and I like that they aren't afraid to take some chances. At least their neighborhoods are more unique and sometimes that becomes a hot commodity in the future. Congrats !!!

irvinehomeshopper said:
Congratulation PPker. I wish I could disclose all the fabulous things about to happen just south of your home. You made a good choice. In less than 10 years you will be thrilled.

Is there a Conflict of interest with that statement?
(Just asking)

YellowFever said:
Sounds like sarcasm. What is this impending doom that is coming. Are they planning to build a small local airstrip so that they can land FCBs immediately without having to drive down from JW? Or are they planning to build a mini Six-Flags Magic Mountain? How about a Football stadium ?  ;D

Talk about raining on someone's parade! LOL You should change your name to DoomsdayFever!! hahahaha  >:D

YellowFever said:
irvinehomeshopper said:

Sounds like sarcasm. What is this impending doom that is coming. Are they planning to build a small local airstrip so that they can land FCBs immediately without having to drive down from JW? Or are they planning to build a mini Six-Flags Magic Mountain? How about a Football stadium ?  ;D

Since you were not part of IHB, IHS would know what's going on at the Great Park... no sarcasm.

Everything I remember irvinehomeshopper posting has been right on the money (except I think he might have said cemetery isn't going to be built and that one is not resolved yet).

And besides that everything that the Irvine Company has done has turned to gold. We can probably add anything any of the builders have built within Irvine has been a good investment going back more than 50 years.

Hater will hate...If they can't have it they will hate it. People can do it, they just do it. Great Park neighborhood has been ONE of the most attractive in the surrounding neighborhood. Orchard Hills is also well done. Orchard Hills would be one of the top choice if you can.

Irvine Dream said:
Ready2Downsize said:
Everything I remember irvinehomeshopper posting has been right on the money .
Except on the ones that bones/ WTTCHMN called him out on  >:D

How about the rooftop leak? (I think it was Elwood, correct me if I'm wrong)

eyephone said:
Irvine Dream said:
Ready2Downsize said:
Everything I remember irvinehomeshopper posting has been right on the money .
Except on the ones that bones/ WTTCHMN called him out on  >:D

How about the rooftop leak? (I think it was Elwood, correct me if I'm wrong)

That was construction defect, can't blame it on the Architect / Designer. There are flaws with all products. Homes especially, that's why there is a 1 year fit and finish. 10 years structural and roofs.

Yes but that was one house which could happen anywhere to any neighborhood...... like somehow getting a lemon Honda civic. I'm sure there are some but that doesn't mean it isn't a very good success. I myself vastly underestimated Ellwood but he told us they were going to be a very popular product before they were even for sale I think.

Being in the design for future homes here I would think he's got lots of data on what people are looking for and what they'll pay for it, maybe from other areas or focus groups.

Ready2Downsize said:
Yes but that was one house which could happen anywhere to any neighborhood...... like somehow getting a lemon Honda civic. I'm sure there are some but that doesn't mean it isn't a very good success. I myself vastly underestimated Ellwood but he told us they were going to be a very popular product before they were even for sale I think.

Being in the design for future homes here I would think he's got lots of data on what people are looking for and what they'll pay for it, maybe from other areas or focus groups.

His focus group is TI!

WTTCHMN said:
Ready2Downsize said:

His focus group is TI!

;)

Really comes down to Customer Service. My two new homes, one built by Centex and the other Cal Atlantic, both have issues. Roof leaking, toilet not flush, doors and handle mis match. Cabinet not installed properly. A few more items that I have forgotten, BUT, its how the Company handle the customer complaint is matter and get it fixed no question ask. Ellwood is a product of Richmond America and they have known to brush, and push problem under the carpet and not taking care of their customers. That's what matter.

I am learning a lot by reading this board, still trying to figure out who everyone is.. but I gotta say this is entertaining and informative as hell...

I do find fascinating is how some people really , reallydon't like the Great Park Neighborhoods while others absolutely love it  (myself included).  There are other very well loved communities here that for us just didn't do it.  Different strokes for different folks I guess! 

I'll take my slice of impending doom on a nice margarita I'll have as soon as I move in!

eyephone said:
WTTCHMN said:
Ready2Downsize said:

His focus group is TI!

;)

LOL! But I don't remember any discussion before Ellwood came out (or at least far enough before it came out to make it to the drawing board) regarding modern looking homes, flat roof, roof top deck.

ParasolParker said:
I am learning a lot by reading this board, still trying to figure out who everyone is.. but I gotta say this is entertaining and informative as hell...

I do find fascinating is how some people really , reallydon't like the Great Park Neighborhoods while others absolutely love it  (myself included).  There are other very well loved communities here that for us just didn't do it.  Different strokes for different folks I guess! 

I'll take my slice of impending doom on a nice margarita I'll have as soon as I move in!

No matter where you are in Irvine, it's a very nice city to live in.

Back