Orchard Hills Update Website

NEW -> Contingent Buyer Assistance Program
irviniteee,

I think it is part of the Irvine Co. There's a link on irvineranch.com should one like to sign up on the interest list.

Not sure if it matters to you but if you sign up on an interest list the builders later "won't cooperate" with your buyers agent if you have one - meaning they won't give them the buyers agent portion of the commission. At least this was the case with Portola Springs and one of the new communities in Laguna Niguel we looked at.

<p>Drove up into Orchard HIlls today, and all over the community. If you are interested in the community and have not driven up in there, highly recommend it --- access is now wide open, and you can really get a good sense of how the community will look. It really is shocking how finished all the streets are --- landscaping, guardshacks, lights....All sorts of people walking, biking, pushing strollers through the streets. Only thing missing is the homes. It is going to be a beautiful community.....after our ride today I am now more than ever hoping they get their pricing expectations in line with reality. </p>

<p>After that we went over and toured the Orchard Hills Apartments. Telling the leasing consultant we were very interested in buying in OH when they start building in 2009, she replied "good luck with that timeframe, I hear they are not going to build anything up there until at least 2010". </p>

It is so sad to hear that they are not building until 2010. There are merchants in OH shopping center that are suing the Irvine Co because of the delay. The Irvine Co. is being very greedy and not thinking about those merchants that leased those stores with the expectations those homes were going in.

i went up jamboree to portola to visit the orchard hills apartments, it was amazing to see how many open house signs there were this weekend around that area (northwood, etc.). New homes in Orchard Hills would likely devastate the older homes as far as pricing (I think most of the homes in that area are around $1 million). Why buy old when for about the same price you can buy north of Portola up in the hills?

<p>fumbling - there really aren't that many open houses. The area realtors put their signs out every weekend, no matter if they have an open house, or even a listing in the area. </p>

<p>Drive up Jamboree from Irvine Blvd. to Portola and you will routinely see the signs for Frank Agahi, Chris Merritt, Scott Gunther, Jeff Jones, etc. These guys specialize in West Irvine and Tustin Ranch. It's pretty much free advertising for them. I can't believe more people don't follow the signs to find nothing and get really pissed off...</p>

<p>Hang a right on Portola from Jamboree and you get a new set of signs for Matt Ingalls, Gary Fallis, etc. as these guys are heavys in Northpark. It's a big ole sham.</p>

<p>I suspect the mello roos at Orchard Hills will be outrageous. That'll help equalize the pricing between OH and older neighbors in the area...</p>

Yeah, HOA in Orchard Hills will probably be alot. I think the houses will be overpriced too. The views of the city and the views of the reservoir from some homes will probably up the price.

I agree regarding the merchants, they leased with the notion that those homes were going in. Now, they are stuck with no business, or very little. Pavilions is suffering terribly. Shouldn't Irvine Co have any responsibility for that?

it is a really beautiful area that the Irvine Co put in judging just from the trees and stonework. we stopped by the shopping center and at least the restaurants and coffee shops seemed busy like a typical center but didin't go into the Pavilions though. still wishing and hoping that pricing by the time sales start will be more realistic given the actual market environment at the time, hopefully will be a buyers market for a long time.

The OH businesses are getting a good amount of traffic from Tustin Ranch, Northpark and Northwood so it's not like they're in the middle of nowhere (say, the future retail site at Portola Springs which will really only be visited by residents of PS). Speaking of, I have my doubts that the PS retail site or elementary school will EVER be built. Nonetheless, I am definitely going to check out the new 3-BR version of Paloma Plan 1 next weekend since I will be prepared and ready to buy in 2010 and doubt that houses will be ready in OH in my price range (3/2s, 2000 sf or thereabouts) for many years after that.

Too bad, too, about the great infrastructure and location of OH going to waste. I mean, they even have a playground like 99% finished just a stone's throw from the retail center. I fantasize at length about buying a modest sfh on the fire station side of Northwood HS, so that my little boy could ride his bike to school some day. (The kids on the retail center side of OH will have to go down to Beckman HS, how stupid is that).

So, in 2010 I'll probably be choosing between Paloma in PS and one of the older homes in Northwood II, which is a much better location from a school perspective (Canyon View and Northwood HS) but not as appealing to me from a neighborhood perspective.

ism

Zov's and other food merchants are doing fine. Pavilions, Bellagio Spa, Lilokai, not so good. An employee told my Mom that shops there that there was talk to close Pavilions! But, another employee told me that would not happen. Also, food turnover is poor. Expired dates on several items in store. Employee said that the smoke damage from fire is pushing it to 2010. Smoke damage to what?

Speaking of expired supermarket food, does anybody have any information about the situation at Woodbury Ralph's? They were doing pretty badly the first few months they opened.

<p>They mark down their food a couple days before expiration. It used to be more drastic (like 70 to 80 percent v. 50 percent now). I do not really like their food anyways. The Chinese food is awful and the fried chicken is dry. I have not tried anything else. </p>

<p>Aside, my wife and I are getting addicted to Whole Foods. It is a great place to eat on the weekends. Still expensive but you can get a bargain if you tried (i.e. $5.99 for a burrito).</p>

I stopped going to the Ralph. They have expired food all over. Also, they don't even stock all the weekly fruit "specials" they advertise on the paper.

The Trade Joe has a good crowd, and we have been going there often.

I drove by OH this weekend. I think it is going to be nice!! It is like putting the Conveneant Hills ( a gated village in Ladera Ranch) without the power line in Irvine. I would be interested in moving there if I can afford it.

Back