Newer Irvine listings with crazy WTF asking prices from equity sellers

NEW -> Contingent Buyer Assistance Program
You would be surprised how many people send their kids to public schools even living in homes priced that high. I went to Uni (University High) and we had lots of students from Shady Canyon and even some from Newport.
The only decent private option in OC is Sage Hill and for $60K it’s nowhere near well connected as a Pasadena Polytechnic or Harvard Westlake or even Chadwick in PV. Better off at Uni.

Public schools drive massive premiums in the Bay Area. Look at Los Gatos 95030 sales prices vs Los Gatos 95032 which doesn’t district into the Los Gatos-Saratoga districts. IUSD drives a premium because it’s the only high income majority Asian district in OC and OC lacks top end privates like you find in LA or the bay.
I’m not saying it doesn’t. But who the hell cares about that if you’re paying 10m for a home. Take them to private and call it a day

Here in Cerritos area the desirable private school is Valley Christian:

Tuition ranges from $10,770 at 1st grade to $17,620 at 12th grade:

So let's say hypothetically we ignore Cerritos high/Whitney in ABC school district, and you choose to send your child to Valley Christian (VCS).

If you only have 1 child, it'd be cheaper to buy a $1 million SFR near VCS and send your kid there, versus Irvine.

But if you have 3 kids, then the cost of buying a $1.5 to $1.6 mil SFR in Irvine (or Tustin) and sending your kids to IUSD/TUSD would probably be about the same versus VCS option in Cerritos.

Are Irvine schools comparable to VCS or other private schools in quality? I don't know.

Pretty much all the same photos as well. The agents sales track record has a number of "own 2 years then sell" transactions. Perhaps this is her niche. This Yorba Linda property will be an interesting story to unravel.

I know this isn't Irvine but this home was sold in March and flipped again this month...in escrow after 21 days on the market. Nobody moved in when it sold in March. Same realtor both times...

Is YL even tracking at selling for this much per sq ft recently or is this price purely to test the waters?

Back