Newer Irvine listings with crazy WTF asking prices from equity sellers

NEW -> Contingent Buyer Assistance Program
The acres upon acres of flat roofs, decks, balconies, and parapets in the Great park homes will provide decades of stable income for roofers and mold remediation companies.

If some bird builds a nest in the roof drain or it gets covered with a wind blown plastic bag, you'll get a free rooftop swimming pool.

Burn That Belly said:
A million dollar "condo" in GP... and they still give you 1/8 of a driveway. You would think that they would offer "competitive" products against TIC. That architectural style tho... you know what it reminds me of? Movies like Mission Impossible/Taken where the lead actors are jumping from roof-top to roof-tops chasing bad guys.
https://www.redfin.com/CA/Irvine/148-Newall-92618/home/112728459

genMid.OC18114478_1_0.jpg

genMid.OC18114478_20_0.jpg

I think I know where they got their design cues from:

6327330565_ae5f88341b_b.jpg

Happiness said:
The acres upon acres of flat roofs, decks, balconies, and parapets in the Great park homes will provide decades of stable income for roofers and mold remediation companies.

If some bird builds a nest in the roof drain or it gets covered with a wind blown plastic bag, you'll get a free rooftop swimming pool.

Burn That Belly said:
A million dollar "condo" in GP... and they still give you 1/8 of a driveway. You would think that they would offer "competitive" products against TIC. That architectural style tho... you know what it reminds me of? Movies like Mission Impossible/Taken where the lead actors are jumping from roof-top to roof-tops chasing bad guys.
https://www.redfin.com/CA/Irvine/148-Newall-92618/home/112728459

genMid.OC18114478_1_0.jpg

genMid.OC18114478_20_0.jpg

I think I know where they got their design cues from:

6327330565_ae5f88341b_b.jpg

new evil business opportunity: drone drain pluggers, get 20% on the back end from roofers and mold remediation companies

R2D said rain gutters weren't standard... considered an upgrade (at least in PP).

IHS claimed the flat roofs were actually pitched to avoid flooding.

WTTCHMN said:
R2D said rain gutters weren't standard... considered an upgrade (at least in PP).

A flat roof with a pitch will only drain if the drain hole is clear and there is a lot of stuff flying around the air (leaves, dirt, plastic, bird nests, spider webs, mouse nests, etc. that can obstruct a drain hole before you realize it.

A flat roof is only truly flat when new. After a few years, all flat roofs (they are just coated plywood after all) will warp and cause pools of standing water after it rains leading to roof leaks.

Why go to Yosemite when your home comes with its own waterfall?

Burn That Belly said:
WTTCHMN said:

Wow. That is asinine.......... last I checked, this is standard with TIC homes...

I figured out where the water drains for this home. Notice the discoloration of the stucco from water weeping down.  Terrible.

Can anyone say HOA litigation at the 10-year mark?  ;D

Le7Se1p.jpg

I like the style of these homes, and absolutely they are a litigators dream given the likely water damage. Not seen a "flat" roof home yet that didn't pay for either a boat or private college tuition for an attorney.

Wish the development would have gone with the circus paint colors as the other picture indicates instead of the Anasazi Puebloan look.

My .02c

Don't you just pass those flat roof/no rain gutter problems off to the next buyer?

It's not like attached homes are problem free.

#inconsistentBTBstrategy

WTTCHMN said:

Wow what builder charged you extra in PP for rain gutters?  Mine were included.  I'll guess Richmond America?

aquabliss said:
WTTCHMN said:

Wow what builder charged you extra in PP for rain gutters?  Mine were included.  I'll guess Richmond America?

Lennar. Everything?s included. BUT the gutters 🙂

Wow wouldn't have guessed Lennar because of their EI sticker everywhere.  Guess they don't have those stickers on outside features.

Back