NBA 2014-2015

It will be interesting to see if they can keep DJ and bolster their bench.

I think Doc needs to leave the player acquisition to a real GM and just concentrate on coaching.

Poor NY, dropped down to 4th.

So should the Lakers trade the pick (not sure why all the ESPN guys like Boogie so much) or use it?

I'll wear my purple/gold once Kobe leaves.

kobe_zpsrvr8wz77.jpg

Nice, Okafor and Randle will be a 1-2 punch for the Lakes

ps9 said:
kobe_zpsrvr8wz77.jpg

Nice, Okafor and Randle will be a 1-2 punch for the Lakes

Hope wolves mess up and we can get Towns instead. Would be one rare top pick who is also a smart kid. Surprised how well spoken he is instead of the uh duh type players we are accustomed to.

yaliu07 said:
i actually like okafor more...

To be honest I'm not sold on either... Only because the nba hates big men in the game now. Deangelo Russell might be the  way to go.

jmoney74 said:
yaliu07 said:

To be honest I'm not sold on either... Only because the nba hates big men in the game now. Deangelo Russell might be the  way to go.
Yep... plus bigs are risky either because of injury or adjusting to the NBA.

It took AD a few years to be good but the Pelicans aren't going to be winning rings anytime soon.

The big either has to be someone game changing like Shaq or just go for a talented combo guard/small forward... since Kobe is on the way out anyways.

If the Lakers got #4 or #5, they would probably trade it, but #2 is tough.

irvinehomeowner said:
jmoney74 said:
yaliu07 said:

It took AD a few years to be good but the Pelicans aren't going to be winning rings anytime soon.

The big either has to be someone game changing like Shaq or just go for a talented combo guard/small forward... since Kobe is on the way out anyways.

i still believe big wins championship...

just look at the best player that made NBA finals for the last 10 years. I listed team names in case there was no single super star leading the team. So you can see, unless you have a good coach and a balanced team, a super star wing is more likely to lead you to the NBA finals. So Lakers should be happy with either Towns or Okafor as their 2nd best player, and put all in to get a super star wing, like DURANT in 2016.

Imagine this lineup
Okafor or Towns
Randle
Durant
3 & D wing
Clarkson

Or
Okafor or Towns
Randle
3 & D wing
Westbrook
Clarkson

That's going to be a really good team.
Oh if Kobe is willing to take 10 million a year, play less than 30 minutes and reduce his FGA to under 15 a game, he will still be an effective wing player.

Lastly, don't waste money on Dragic or Rondo. Just preserve the cap room for 2016

Spurs, Lebron

Spurs, Lebron

Durant, Lebron

Dirk, Lebron

Kobe, Celtics

Kobe, Howard

Kobe, Celtics

Spurs(Duncan), Lebron

Dirk, Wade

Duncan, Pistons

yaliu07 said:
irvinehomeowner said:
jmoney74 said:
yaliu07 said:

the game has changed.. they barely let guys post up anymore because the NBA allows defenders to just push the big men with both hands.. however, if you sniff a slasher in the lane he's most likely going to the line. 

yaliu07 said:
irvinehomeowner said:
jmoney74 said:
yaliu07 said:

Tell that to Lebron.

jmoney74 said:
yaliu07 said:

the game has changed.. they barely let guys post up anymore because the NBA allows defenders to just push the big men with both hands.. however, if you sniff a slasher in the lane he's most likely going to the line. 
AKA The James Harden Effect

Back