ICE or EV?

Which car(s) will you be buying next?

• ICE ICE Baby (morekaos dinosaur option)

Votes: 12 29.3%
  • EV forEVa (unicorns for all)

Votes: 23 56.1%
  • PHEV (I still have range anxiety)

Votes: 4 9.8%
  • Hybrid (can't plug in yet)

Votes: 5 12.2%
  • Alternative fuel (Hydrogen, vegetable oil, etc)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 1 2.4%

• Total voters
NEW -> Contingent Buyer Assistance Program
What are you reading? Quick Google says GM total sales were down a bit for 3Q but GM EV sales were record highs.
Do your own research….
GM put lipstick on the pig. It sold 9,700 Equinox EVs during the first full quarter they were available. The figure is tiny. Cadillac has sold 20,000 of its LYRIQ EVs, which is not even worth comparing to Tesla’s huge sales.

….and as I’ve always said if one year you sell one and the next year you sell two…sales are up 100%…so what? Sales numbers have plummeted. Future sales projections and production have collapsed and car companies are adjusting accordingly. The transition is dead…as I predicted🤷🏽‍♂️😂😂😂😂👍🏽🦄🌈

The trend, in that case, is not your friend….🤷🏽‍♂️😂😂😂🦄🌈

But Tesla sold 1.81 million vehicles in 2023, meaning the company would need to sell about 515,000 cars in the fourth quarter to match last year’s sales. Wall Street currently projects 490,000 vehicles delivered for the final three months of the year.
Falling EV sales in 2024 were a big reason that Tesla shares were down some 45% year to date in mid-April.

More fuzzy math. Look at total EV sales... obv one brand is going to go down as people diversify and get non-Tesla EVs.

25,000 short for Tesla is already covered by the increase in GM EV sales.

Another loss for morekaos.

More fuzzy math. Look at total EV sales... obv one brand is going to go down as people diversify and get non-Tesla EVs.

25,000 short for Tesla is already covered by the increase in GM EV sales.

Another loss for morekaos.
Nice try…if you sell 2 and next year you sell only one, then sales are down 50%…now you have to sell 100% more next year just to get back to past sales….math is a bitch and lower sales in a market that is supposed to be taking over is fatal….ouch…economics hurts😂😂😂👎🏽🦄🌈

Ford, Stelantis , GM, Porsche, Toyota, Honda, VW, Mercedes, BMW,…. every major manufacturer is cutting back production and sales projections. It’s dying the death that the market is dictating….

Slow motion truck crash continues…Trying to blame supply when everyone knows its Demand that collapsed…Economics can’t fight gravity after a while…That VW and Amazon investments are really paying off….😂😂😂👎🏽🦄🌈

Rivian Sales Tumble 27% In Q3, 2024 Production Targets Slashed

• Rivian now expects to produce between 47,000 and 49,000 vehicles by the end of 2024.
  • The startup originally aimed for 57,000 vehicles this year but faced significant supply challenges.
  • Rivian’s Q3 deliveries fell sharply to 10,018 vehicles, down from 13,790 in the previous quarter.
Rivian’s vehicle deliveries took a downturn in the third quarter, prompting the electric automaker to lower its production targets for the remainder of the year. This shift means Rivian is now on track to produce fewer vehicles in 2024 than it did in 2023, marking a potential setback for the company’s growth trajectory in the competitive EV market.

Rivian Sales Tumble 27% In Q3, 2024 Production Targets Slashed Amid Supply Issues (msn.com)

The death sentences for foolish corporate heads who rushed into the EV Bear hug is upon us. Heads are rolling as strategies change back to selling what people want to buy instead of useless virtue signaling and sucking on the government teat…Economics can be a vicious executioner…👍🏽😂😂😂👍🏽🐬🌈

Stelantis CEO Carlos Tavares to retire in 2026 as automaker struggles in North America

Chrysler parent Stellantis confirmed on Thursday that CEO Carlos Tavares would retire at the end of his contract in early 2026 and announced major senior management changes as it struggles to turn around its lagging North American operations.

Earnings and sales in the French-Italian automaker’s traditional profit powerhouse have been declining, forcing it to cut its 2024 profit forecast last week and signal possible reductions to its dividend and share buybacks next year.

Analysts have downgraded the company’s stock, which has tumbled 42% this year after missteps in North America, where sales of popular products such as its Jeep and Ram trucks typically produce much of its profits.

Stellantis CEO Carlos Tavares to retire in 2026 as automaker struggles in North America (cnbc.com)

There are places where small subcompacts are suitable.

Many old cities and villages around the world are congested with narrow streets. You won't drive very fast and parking space is a premium.

quaint-european-street-stockcake.jpg

blog101-22.jpg

Too bad we don't have nice walkable streets with low speed traffic in any reasonably sized city in USA/Canada.

Chinese software? Who the f would want that garbage? Though it’s cheaper than Porsche’s crap EV software. I’ve been commuting to San Jose now weekly in my Model 3 Performance with FSD and it’s like riding in a plane. That is because of the insane level of innovation coming from a software team full of rockstars. I feel sorry for all the people on that drive up and down 5 white knuckling it with the trucks in their conventional vehicles while I yawn and stretch out my legs

Back