ICE or EV?

Which car(s) will you be buying next?

• ICE ICE Baby (morekaos dinosaur option)

Votes: 12 30.0%
  • EV forEVa (unicorns for all)

Votes: 22 55.0%
  • PHEV (I still have range anxiety)

Votes: 4 10.0%
  • Hybrid (can't plug in yet)

Votes: 5 12.5%
  • Alternative fuel (Hydrogen, vegetable oil, etc)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 1 2.5%

• Total voters
NEW -> Contingent Buyer Assistance Program
Hypothetically, if I were to buy a Tesla, I'd buy new (or near new) with the 8 year/100k mile battery warranty.

With a Prius, I know I can take it to shops in Garden Grove and replace the hybrid battery for about $1k.

With an out of warranty Tesla, um...

Low used EV prices makes them more accessible... those are your $30k EVs (even less with the $4k used EV gov cheese).

Unicorn Horn Drill Baby Unicorn Horn Drill!

Hypothetically, if I were to buy a Tesla, I'd buy new (or near new) with the 8 year/100k mile battery warranty.

With a Prius, I know I can take it to shops in Garden Grove and replace the hybrid battery for about $1k.

With an out of warranty Tesla, um...
The battery on my Prius Prime is getting worse and worse, but I don’t know if it’s worth spending $1k to replace it considering I’m driving like 12 miles a day.

isn't that $4k cheese limited to AGI under $75k? so no one here will be able to use it?
Sure... but morekaos was always harping how EVs are only for the rich and that they were over $100k.

And it can't be both ways... morekaos is mad because all these credits are being given out but if the only people who can afford them, are over the income limits, then it must not just be cheese driving sales... there may actually be people who want EVs and not very much is coming out of our taxes to pay for them.

The problem is the poor don’t want sketchy EV‘s. The market dictates sales and as I have posted, sales in new and use categories have collapsed. Car companies are going back to selling what people want, ICE vehicles.🤷🏽‍♂️😂😂😂🦄🌈

The battery on my Prius Prime is getting worse and worse, but I don’t know if it’s worth spending $1k to replace it considering I’m driving like 12 miles a day.

I think if the hybrid battery dies the car will be inoperable or run in limp mode.

I think if the hybrid battery dies the car will be inoperable or run in limp mode.
Wouldn’t it just run on gas? I mean, the 12-volt battery is still there, so it should just turn into a normal hybrid, right? My Prius Prime did die when the 12-volt battery died.

The markets always provide clarity…🤷🏽‍♂️😂😂😂👍🏽🇺🇸

Ford delays new EV plant, cancels electric three-row SUV as it shifts strategy​

• Vehicle production at the new plant in Tennessee was initially expected to begin next year.
  • The company said it still expects to begin battery cell production at the site in 2025.
  • Ford CFO John Lawler said the shifts are meant to better deliver a capital-efficient, profitable electric vehicle business.

Still unicorning...

Despite talk of an EV slowdown, more electric cars are hitting US streets. In the second quarter, 18 models topped 5K in sales, with Tesla, Ford, and Hyundai leading the way. Meanwhile, newcomers, like Toyota’s bZ4X, Kia’s EV9, and the Chevy Blazer EV, joined the club.

According to Kelley Blue Book, EV sales hit a new record in the second quarter, with 320,463 units sold in the US in Q2. That’s up 11% from last year and 23% from Q1, with new models and heavy discounts driving growth.

Blah blah blah stock price. But when we point out how well EV stocks are doing then you are blah blah blah not stock price.

The point of my post is Rivian is delivering above targets and producing above expectations. This is sort of what happened when Tesla started working through their backorders and production issues.

And once Rivian comes out with their R2s (like how Tesla came out with their cheaper 3 and Y)... they will do even better.

Just like your reading... your analysis is... dooomed.

Doom gonna doom.
Gravity has a funny way of always winning….🤦🏽‍♂️😂😂😂😂👎🏽🦄🌈

Rivian (Nasdaq: RIVN) Is Dead

Small EV companies like Rivian and Lucid struggle due to intense competition and reliance on partners like Amazon.
  • The EV market is crowded with major brands, making it tough for smaller players to compete.
  • Rivian's future is uncertain, with potential supply chain issues threatening their survival.
They express concern over Rivian's production issues, especially with their electric vans for Amazon, and the potential consequences if Amazon decides to pull back from the agreement. They also note the increasing role of the U.S. Postal Service in Amazon's delivery operations, suggesting that Amazon is flexible with its delivery partners. Ultimately, they are pessimistic about the future of small EV companies like Rivian, with Douglas concluding that Rivian might be "dead" in the long run.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/com...31&cvid=161b046f018847ee974bb7d26d88bf0d&ei=5

This is fine.jpg

Will be interesting to hear how this fire started.

Something else interesting? A new ICE engine that can run on gasoline, synthetic fuels, biodiesel, and hydrogen, with an output up to 600 HP. Normally I'd think this was akin to Cold Fusion, but since Toyota, Mazda, and Subaru have developed it, I'd say it's real.

Last edited:
Since this is ICE or EV:

And even Porsche likes EV motors over ICE:

They didn't want to add fake shifting like the Ioniq 5 N:

“The electric engine is better than an ICE,” Kern explained to Australian media (via Drive). “So we figured there’s no reason to simulate what has been in the past,” he said.

Kern’s comments come after Hyundai launched its first electric performance car, the IONIQ 5 N. Equipped with N E-Shift, Hyundai’s sporty EV simulates the feeling of an eight-speed dual-clutch transmission.

Hyundai said the N-branded sports EV is its most powerful, fun-to-drive model with several track-ready features.

Porsche wasn’t impressed. “We look into what the competition does, but our perspective on this is always why should we make something worse,” Kern said.

EVs have harder to extinguish fires, but yeah, far less than ICE's. The press likes to hype EV fires partly to tweak the nose of Elon Musk and Tesla. Most Tesla "recalls" are at over the air software updates and nothing of significance.The press is doing the same thing with the Cybertruck. All 1st year car models have flaws to work out, both cheap and expensive autos. That said the moment any CT issue pops up bad news stories abound.

Since this is ICE or EV:

And even Porsche likes EV motors over ICE:

They didn't want to add fake shifting like the Ioniq 5 N:

“The electric engine is better than an ICE,” Kern explained to Australian media (via Drive). “So we figured there’s no reason to simulate what has been in the past,” he said.

Kern’s comments come after Hyundai launched its first electric performance car, the IONIQ 5 N. Equipped with N E-Shift, Hyundai’s sporty EV simulates the feeling of an eight-speed dual-clutch transmission.

Hyundai said the N-branded sports EV is its most powerful, fun-to-drive model with several track-ready features.

Porsche wasn’t impressed. “We look into what the competition does, but our perspective on this is always why should we make something worse,” Kern said.
The engineers may like it but the people don’t 🤷🏽‍♂️😂😂😂👎🏽🦄🌈

Porsche scales back 80% EV goal by 2030 amid falling sales, shifting market​

Porsche is backing off its goal of 80% EV sales in 2030. Although it could still happen, Porsche said the target was too ambitious and the transition “will take longer than we assumed.”
Despite several highly-anticipated electric vehicles launching over the next few years, Porsche is no longer committing to its 80% EV sales goal in 2030.
The comments come after Porsche’s EV sales fell 51% in the first half of 2024 ahead of new model launches

Back