Greenwood in Tustin Legacy

NEW -> Contingent Buyer Assistance Program
Well......... there is a thing called E Box which is SUPPOSED to be if u don't have mail service thru no fault of your own (including having cluster boxes installed that the post office chooses to not service). I tried to get one and they had to investigate (go away and we'll call u which they didn't).

When I asked again they told me they don't have any of them because it's rural (no.......... there is no such rule as being for rural only). When I calmly told them, the mandate says nothing of a "rural" rule and we met every other qualification I was told......... I'm sure it's in there somewhere........ Um. NO, not on the paper I provided you which I got off the USPS website.

I phoned the 800 number to ask what to do and they opened a case. Surprisingly they mailed me a post card asking if I still needed help which I returned but u know the post office probably will take a year to get to.

Now have we heard one iota of any other neighborhood complaining they have no mail service......................... ANYWHERE?  There have been tons of new homes in Irvine, not one peep about no mail service. Baker Ranch? I bet they get their mail too.

We have a mail route number. We have cluster boxes, locked and ready to go. I have lived here 2 MONTHS now and this is ridiculous! I do go to the post office most days of the week, but NOT that one. I go to whichever P.O. is near where I happen to be which is NEVER there........ EVER.

I went to the Tustin post office a week ago and was supposed to have priority mail supplies sent to me and surprise, surprise they didn't have a clue as to where they were. I am supposed to provide them a tracking number so they can find it!

I went home, logged into the usps account and sure enough they were at the post office days before I was there, so who knows what else they haven't given me.

I have something I bought on ebay which says, "Notice Left". Thanks post office! Where is that notice? Luckily for that one I have a tracking number and I plan on getting it today.

My car registration is due............ they better have the notice. 1099s are going to be coming soon. Year end financial papers and who knows what else are supposed to be in the mail.

I don't know what else to do. Maybe contact my congressman or get together with all the neighbors and descend on them in mass this Saturday.

We should not have to drive out of our way, wasting half a day there and back and waiting in line to see if we might have mail. I have a real problem getting to THAT post office during the hours they are open. At least an E Box solves the problem of waiting in line to get the mail during the hours they are open.

Ready2Downsize said:
Well......... there is a thing called E Box which is SUPPOSED to be if u don't have mail service thru no fault of your own (including having cluster boxes installed that the post office chooses to not service). I tried to get one and they had to investigate (go away and we'll call u which they didn't).

When I asked again they told me they don't have any of them because it's rural (no.......... there is no such rule as being for rural only). When I calmly told them, the mandate says nothing of a "rural" rule and we met every other qualification I was told......... I'm sure it's in there somewhere........ Um. NO, not on the paper I provided you which I got off the USPS website.

I phoned the 800 number to ask what to do and they opened a case. Surprisingly they mailed me a post card asking if I still needed help which I returned but u know the post office probably will take a year to get to.

Now have we heard one iota of any other neighborhood complaining they have no mail service......................... ANYWHERE?  There have been tons of new homes in Irvine, not one peep about no mail service. Baker Ranch? I bet they get their mail too.

We have a mail route number. We have cluster boxes, locked and ready to go. I have lived here 2 MONTHS now and this is ridiculous! I do go to the post office most days of the week, but NOT that one. I go to whichever P.O. is near where I happen to be which is NEVER there........ EVER.

I went to the Tustin post office a week ago and was supposed to have priority mail supplies sent to me and surprise, surprise they didn't have a clue as to where they were. I am supposed to provide them a tracking number so they can find it!

I went home, logged into the usps account and sure enough they were at the post office days before I was there, so who knows what else they haven't given me.

I have something I bought on ebay which says, "Notice Left". Thanks post office! Where is that notice? Luckily for that one I have a tracking number and I plan on getting it today.

My car registration is due............ they better have the notice. 1099s are going to be coming soon. Year end financial papers and who knows what else are supposed to be in the mail.

I don't know what else to do. Maybe contact my congressman or get together with all the neighbors and descend on them in mass this Saturday.

We should not have to drive out of our way, wasting half a day there and back and waiting in line to see if we might have mail. I have a real problem getting to THAT post office during the hours they are open. At least an E Box solves the problem of waiting in line to get the mail during the hours they are open.

Have you tried to talk to the postmaster of the post office? Talk to the builder sales person.

If the postmaster is a woman, then yes (someone went and got her when I asked to speak to the supervisor). She told me it has to be rural to get an E Box and pretty much said so that's that.

Maybe we can complain to the builder.

Btw. I think this is completely on the Tustin Post Office. Not only has there been no mention EVER by any other area about the mail service issue, the USPS site says my house is available for priority mail pick up service (which is done by the regular carrier).

So today they are supposed to pick up a priority mail package from me. I bet there is some way the post office keeps track of what is and isn't picked up. My old carrier always made SURE if I had a package for him that it HAD to be scanned if it was scheduled online.

I bet they don't come so I'll just go up to the P.O. and turn it in but you bet tomorrow I'm signing up for another pick up and will every single day till they actually come to my door.

But they can call the post office themselves and complain.

They have no control over So Cal Edison either but when we bought our last house the President of Stan Pac got them out on Saturday and Sunday to get power to our house since they didn't have it when we were supposed to close and it delayed closing over the weekend.

Ready2Downsize said:

They have no control over So Cal Edison either but when we bought our last house the President of Stan Pac got them out on Saturday and Sunday to get power to our house since they didn't have it when we were supposed to close and it delayed closing over the weekend.

Exactly. They have sway.

Ready2Downsize said:

Doesn't hurt to try.

So Cal Edison is a small fish compared to USPS.  That's all I am saying.

DJW1705 said:
Ready2Downsize said:

Doesn't hurt to try.

So Cal Edison is a small fish compared to USPS.  That's all I am saying.

Most likely if you or I called Edison, they might say uh yeah and nothing happens.

Stand in front with a big sign that says can't even get fucking mail here, why the hell would you move here. You want Cox...can't get that either. I bet you by the time the day is done the builder will have your mail issue squared away (add a few more homeowners and problem solved all for a lot less than the equivalent of 2 months back and forth). 

Well I've been sick and unfortunately for the post office personnel and others in the post office, they are probably gonna catch what I have since I have to drive there to get my mail and stand in line to drop off my priority mail package.

And I'm calling customer service and complaining AGAIN that now it's been TWO FREAKING MONTHS I have had no mail service.

I still can't figure out how there are so many of these logistical issues not ironed out. I presume this is probably more common, it just doesn't happen in Irvine since TIC and the politicians / zoning areas are all in bed (plus well, TIC is an empire and given everything they do in the area, they probably get every single thing they want). 

Someone commented about not having cox so it might not just be here.

BUT the post office I'm sure is that stupid post office. The first time I tried to get my mail, the counter person couldn't find it and told me I had to go to the Santa Ana branch on Grand to get my mail. I knew that couldn't be true and I refused to leave the counter till they went and got my mail I drove there to get. She asked the person next to her who said huh? THEN she went to someone else who came out with the mail and told her what route number we are.

I've gone to this post office in the past. There is an Asian guy there who flat out told me he didn't care how long people took at the window cuz he gets paid hourly no matter what he does and he's still there, so it's probably the entire post office's attitude.

At first I thought maybe it wasn't just Tustin because some guy was absolutely livid in the post office on Sand Canyon and said for "SIX FREAKING weeks this has been going on and he's tired of his mail being lost and he wants it taken care of NOW!" but since not one person has come forward to say they had issues in any new build it must have been some other issue he had.

I go to the post office almost every day........ at least three times every week.

If I send something out priority mail it comes with $50 insurance but if it's never scanned in, the post office won't pay a dime if they lose it so I want it scanned.

I have LOTS of stamps (more than enough to last my grandkid's lifetimes) so I use my own stamps a lot. Anything over 13 oz without a scanned label (some way to ID the sender, so track by credit card type thing) has to be handed to a clerk. They don't even count my postage, just cancel it and I'm on my way.

One of these days I'll take a bunch of packages to Tustin P.O. at the end of the day with postage in random orders and let them count it all up to make sure I have enough on it while I read the news on my phone. It could take them a long long time to count it when the denominations are 3 cents to 18 cents each stamp and just to mess with their heads a little more I'll add in some partial cent stamps and throw in a few stamps without a printed denomination so they can try to find their cheat sheet they can never locate to figure out the denominations. Probably should have done that early on, letting them know I WOULD go to Murphy station but I need to pick up my mail in Tustin and we'd all have mail service now.

Never fails........ they never get the postage right (well not putting two of the same denomination next to each other and not even putting them in even rows does not help) and even when they think it's over what is needed they'll count it up repeatedly. Few days of that, they'll do anything to avoid having that hassle again.

Attachments

• 4 cent stamps.jpg
    4 cent stamps.jpg
    207.6 KB · Views: 196
  • 3 cent.jpg
    3 cent.jpg
    233.6 KB · Views: 186
Irvine Dream said:
Ready2Downsize said:
My Tustin Legacy street is filling up with Caucasian residents. Not all have elementary level kids. Not sure about Huntley, Sheldon or other streets in TL but if ours is any indication, shouldn't be a whole lot of Asians coming from TL.

Mmmn!!!  There goes the chance that Heritage Elementary is going to have high test scores.  Better start lobbying TUSD to make sure that the new high school will be a Magnet school and will draw Asian students from outside TL.  Otherwise, poof, gone are those unsustainable house appreciation.  However, atleast you can breathe easily (since your neighbors will be considerate enough not to smoke near your property and won't leave cig butts on your yard) and you can host parties without your neighbor  complaining that your guests are taking away their street parking

Kidding aside I sincerely hope you enjoy the neighborhood and the house appreciate well so atleast I can tell my wife I told you so.
http://www.ocregister.com/articles/school-700766-heritage-elementary.html

When the mailman finally starts to deliver mail at Greenwood.......

funny-dog-picture-is-that-the-mailman.jpg

Funny_Pictures_13009.jpg

Ready2downsize - on nextdoor.com the leads were asking about greenwood residents that could start up a page for greenwood to share information between greenwood/Columbus square and other neighboring residents. Perhaps you or one of your neighbors can start the site? You can reach out to Cathy (the lady mentioned in the article) as well

Back