Eastwood Village (Planning Area 5B) coming 2017

NEW -> Contingent Buyer Assistance Program
zo7tab.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AeVg4iLHlI8

lnc said:
@ ChasingRainbows

Have you notice some of the lots from that track 17855 can be as large as 9000 sq.ft.

If you go back to the map and info posted by PS9 at page 8 of this thread, it shows that this project has a few very large lot toward the north, next to the Hicks Canyon Trail.  The land is flat so every sf of the lot is useful.

The info also shows that the minimum lot size is 3944 sf, average lot size is 4159 sf and maximum lot size is 9363 sf.

So there's going to be some home from this track that are back against Hicks Canyon Trail, no neighbor behind the house, facing south and very generous lot size, we got a winning combination here.

@ Inc

Those are nice lots for tract 17855 near Hicks Canyon. Overall 17855 lots are bigger compared to tract 17854 (minimum lot 3,552 sf, average, 3,837 sf, maximum 5,558 sf).

Tract 17854 has 134 units, many with alternative rear yard setback of 5 feet minimum with California room, and 3.5 feet side yard setback for all plan 1 and plan 2.  :(

Sorry if I missed something, but what's being built in those two big white empty patches on that preliminary map? Also what's being built on "SFR", and behind Eastwood for that matter?

acf said:
Sorry if I missed something, but what's being built in those two big white empty patches on that preliminary map? Also what's being built on "SFR", and behind Eastwood for that matter?

Check out the map on page 2 of this thread.

Those two big empty lot near Jeffrey are Lot 8 and Lot 9 are going to be future development.  Both are condos.

That empty lot labeled SFR are lot 5 (VTTM 17855) and that was discussed few thread up between me and ChasingRainbows. 

And behind Eastwood?  If you mean on the left, West of Eastwood, that's Northwood Point.

Thanks Inc,

I see that now, lot 5 and 7 will be SFR's while 8 and 9 are condos like you mentioned. Lots of homes coming our way soon, it will be interesting to see what happens. As I am only interested in SFR's, I went to look at the Strada and Terrazza model homes in Orchard Hills today, for my second time. Getting a feel for which layout I like best.

Behind Eastwood, I'm referring to that empty space behind Eastwood, above Portola actually. Will they build that out after Eastwood?

acf said:
Thanks Inc,

I see that now, lot 5 and 7 will be SFR's while 8 and 9 are condos like you mentioned. Lots of homes coming our way soon, it will be interesting to see what happens. As I am only interested in SFR's, I went to look at the Strada and Terrazza model homes in Orchard Hills today, for my second time. Getting a feel for which layout I like best.

Behind Eastwood, I'm referring to that empty space behind Eastwood, above Portola actually. Will they build that out after Eastwood?

If you like Terrazza, you will like Piedmont at Eastwood.  That Piedmont (Saratoga/Terrazza clone) is going to be an interesting one.  I always like the Saratoga/Terrazza's floor plan and now it has a driveway and this will make it feel more of a true SFR than a detach condo.

North of Eastwood, north of Portola Pkwy is going to be Orchard Hills Neighborhood 4 and the construction for that neighborhood probably going to take a while.  It had to wait after other Orchard Hills neighborhoods is nearly completed. 

Eastwood%20and%20OH4_zpsiqiljzcf.jpg

Wow, so eventually Orchard Hills will pretty much take up all that left over space by the base of the mountains, north of Portola. There is still a lot of buying opportunity for new homes in Irvine in the next 5 years-ish. After that, it seems as though Irvine will be pretty much built out.

Terrazza wasn't bad and like you mentioned, seeing as how they will have a full driveway in Eastwood, they fall into my "consideration" category... only if they are officially deemed a true SFR though, not a glorified detatched condo. Do you know for sure?

Thanks for the chat, looking forward to the possibilities.

I registered to be on the Eastwood Village interest list from the website.  How do I get on the priority list for a certain plan?  Do I go to the sale office when they open to the public?  Do I need to have my own agent with me to get on the priority list?  Thank you....  never bought a new home and never got into the process of buying a new home this early in the process...

pricedoutJay said:
I registered to be on the Eastwood Village interest list from the website.  How do I get on the priority list for a certain plan?  Do I go to the sale office when they open to the public?  Do I need to have my own agent with me to get on the priority list?  Thank you....  never bought a new home and never got into the process of buying a new home this early in the process...
The builders usually send an actual prequal, etc, out closer to the releases and that is when you officially get yourself on the priority list. React as quick as possible and don't hesitate just to call the posted offices and make sure you have the info. Regarding, realtors, it is not needed, however, I recommend that you touch base with a realtor and have them register with you and make sure the realtor gives you a referral / credit). Their are a few realtors on here who could help with that as well. 

Really though...be diligent and on top of the builders process and talk to the sales reps...make sure you are one of the first two know (helps checking this site as well). Always good to be on top of the priority list so if you want to buy, you can vs. waiting to see if you like the product. Just get on that list and if you like it, you know you are golden. 

I made the mistake of not being aggressive when I first re-entered the market with Strada and by the time my name was up, the price was to the point where due to floorplan / lot size / cost, I will not pull the trigger. Since then I rectified the situation and was all lined up for BP (until they pulled the rug out with absurd pricing to go along with the mella).  Plan on being very prepared for Eastwood (so who knows, we could be neighbors...however as I've said many times on here, I'm patient...I have a natural hedge in my existing property and while we'd like a bigger place, I'm perfectly fine adding more cash to my investment portfolio instead, haha). 

pricedoutJay said:

You won't get on the priority list until you are pre-qualified and the pre-qualification process is open.  Here's some tips might help you to be on top of priority list.

Go get pre-qualified with OnQ Financial ASAP, the preferred lender for most of IP's home first (since most these first few tracks are all IP's).  Once the Eastwood home are open for pre-qualification process and since you are already pre-qualified, you simply call OnQ and ask to be added to the priority list for any of Eastwood homes that they are the preferred lender.  This way, you will save some processing time and will be place ahead of other on the priority list.

You can do this by getting on the priority list and pre-qualified for one of any other existing IP homes like Terrazza, Strada etc first.  You can get on the Priority list/pre-qualified  for several different IP homes at same time.  Once you are pre-qualified, just wait for the Eeastwood's announcement for open pre-qualification.

OnQ is preferred lender for most of IP' home but not all, sometimes the preferred lender is Well Fargo.  We won't know for sure who's the preferred lender until it's closer to the opening date.

Make sure the pre-qualified amount is greater than the home you are interesting to purchase. 

Do pay attention with the pre-qualification opening date so you can be ready to sign up. Usually it is 2-3 weeks before the grand opening. 

Also bring an agent with you on the first visit since some realtors like USCTrojanCPA and IrvineRealtor work towards getting rebates for their buyers.

Bullsback said:
pricedoutJay said:
The builders usually send an actual prequal, etc, out closer to the releases and that is when you officially get yourself on the priority list. React as quick as possible and don't hesitate just to call the posted offices and make sure you have the info. Regarding, realtors, it is not needed, however, I recommend that you touch base with a realtor and have them register with you and make sure the realtor gives you a referral / credit). Their are a few realtors on here who could help with that as well. 

Really though...be diligent and on top of the builders process and talk to the sales reps...make sure you are one of the first two know (helps checking this site as well). Always good to be on top of the priority list so if you want to buy, you can vs. waiting to see if you like the product. Just get on that list and if you like it, you know you are golden. 

I made the mistake of not being aggressive when I first re-entered the market with Strada and by the time my name was up, the price was to the point where due to floorplan / lot size / cost, I will not pull the trigger. Since then I rectified the situation and was all lined up for BP (until they pulled the rug out with absurd pricing to go along with the mella).  Plan on being very prepared for Eastwood (so who knows, we could be neighbors...however as I've said many times on here, I'm patient...I have a natural hedge in my existing property and while we'd like a bigger place, I'm perfectly fine adding more cash to my investment portfolio instead, haha).

You don't need a realtor and it could harm you in this situation. Their pre-qual list is a black box, but if the builder doesn't have to pay a commission, I think this helps move your name up the list.

Perspective said:
Bullsback said:
pricedoutJay said:

You don't need a realtor and it could harm you in this situation. Their pre-qual list is a black box, but if the builder doesn't have to pay a commission, I think this helps move your name up the list.
It absolutely could, but I think in reality is rarely if ever does. I say that because the sales people want to push homes out as fast as possible and I don't believe their is any incentive on their end to focus on buyers who don't have realtors.  They do have incentive to push people they think, for whatever reason, are more serious to buy / sell. Their goal and incentives are to sell the properties / track as fast as possible. 

acf said:
I am thinking about doing this. If we got approved, how long will the prequal last for?
It should last for months, couple of phase releases at the minimum, that is, if nothing major changes... (buy a car, lose a job, etc)

I think if you did today, the reality is they'd still run a detailed update when you went through the process again (given I presume they will start taking names in late December / early January).  That said, you at least have a lot of the basics and thus have a leg up. 

thelandofnoland said:
Exteriors are up on the Irvine Pacific website (too lazy to bother posting them). For full images, follow this general format:
https://www.irvinepacific.com/assets/images/residences/(1)/ew_(1)_res(2)_1200x726.jpg

Replace (1) with the development name in lowercase letters. Replace (2) with the plan number.

For Avalon Residences 1 and 2 and Helena Residence 2, just check the actual website.

For overall images, check the Villages of Irvine website.

Your posts have gone from completely useless to total shit just clogging up these forums.

I guess I will wait to pre-qualify say.. late January. That's probably a lot closer to when the ball's gonna drop.

Back