Eastwood Village (Planning Area 5B) coming 2017

NEW -> Contingent Buyer Assistance Program
Perspective said:
Bullsback said:
pricedoutJay said:
I registered to be on the Eastwood Village interest list from the website.  How do I get on the priority list for a certain plan?  Do I go to the sale office when they open to the public?  Do I need to have my own agent with me to get on the priority list?  Thank you....  never bought a new home and never got into the process of buying a new home this early in the process...
The builders usually send an actual prequal, etc, out closer to the releases and that is when you officially get yourself on the priority list. React as quick as possible and don't hesitate just to call the posted offices and make sure you have the info. Regarding, realtors, it is not needed, however, I recommend that you touch base with a realtor and have them register with you and make sure the realtor gives you a referral / credit). Their are a few realtors on here who could help with that as well. 

Really though...be diligent and on top of the builders process and talk to the sales reps...make sure you are one of the first two know (helps checking this site as well). Always good to be on top of the priority list so if you want to buy, you can vs. waiting to see if you like the product. Just get on that list and if you like it, you know you are golden. 

I made the mistake of not being aggressive when I first re-entered the market with Strada and by the time my name was up, the price was to the point where due to floorplan / lot size / cost, I will not pull the trigger. Since then I rectified the situation and was all lined up for BP (until they pulled the rug out with absurd pricing to go along with the mella).  Plan on being very prepared for Eastwood (so who knows, we could be neighbors...however as I've said many times on here, I'm patient...I have a natural hedge in my existing property and while we'd like a bigger place, I'm perfectly fine adding more cash to my investment portfolio instead, haha).

You don't need a realtor and it could harm you in this situation. Their pre-qual list is a black box, but if the builder doesn't have to pay a commission, I think this helps move your name up the list.

It is true that you don't need a realtor to buy a new home, but to say that it could harm a buyer is a bit of a stretch.  If the builders didn't want to pay agents broker co-ops, they wouldn't offer them up in the first place.  And there are agents out there that provide commission rebates so I would think a buyer would benefit from registering with an agent (good agents can also provide valuable input on options/upgrades as well as provide good referrals and advice to help buyers out).  The market isn't hot and won't get hot in 2016 so home builders will happily offer up broker co-ops to agents if that translates to sales.

I used to think that new home sellers would prefer buyers without realtor co-ops but if you think about it, it actually helps them.

Realtors probably like doing co-op new home sales because it's easier for them and thus will help "sell" the home to the buyer. It's win-win-win.

irvinehomeowner said:
I used to think that new home sellers would prefer buyers without realtor co-ops but if you think about it, it actually helps them.

Realtors probably like doing co-op new home sales because it's easier for them and thus will help "sell" the home to the buyer. It's win-win-win.

True, if, like most Irvine new developments, the lots aren't selling well.

I think all the new developments around Irvine do offer co-op now, unlike 10 years ago where none did

I like some of these floorplans.  The one's in the 2500 - 3000 sqft range hit most all of my requirements.  Ideally prices will be okay as TIC will be looking to stick it to Five Points (plus with a lot of their other projects unwinding, I presume pricing will come in closer to Cypress Village vs. OH and they don't have to worry about mis-pricing / losing buyers to their existing projects, rather just poaching from other projects). 

I also liked the larger LaCressa floorplans in PS. 

AW said:
I think all the new developments around Irvine do offer co-op now, unlike 10 years ago where none did

Yeah, when the market was on fire in 2003-2006 the builders did away and then in 2010 when we had the tax credits.  But as soon as things slowed down, the broker co-ops were back. 

Just saw a new cell tower is up along row of eucalyptus tree on Encore inside of Eastwood Village, about 30 yard from the entrance at Jeffrey.  This cell tower looks similar to the one that they place in CV which mimic the looks of eucalyptus tree.

Looks like Eastwood Village going to get 5 bar cell phone reception. :)

FK. cancerville.

lnc said:
Just saw a new cell tower is up along row of eucalyptus tree on Encore inside of Eastwood Village, about 30 yard from the entrance at Jeffrey.  This cell tower looks similar to the one that they place in CV which mimic the looks of eucalyptus tree.

Looks like Eastwood Village going to get 5 bar cell phone reception. :)

I searched AntennaSearch.com for cell towers within a 4 mile radius of Santiago Hills elementary school. Didn't see the one in Eastwood on the site mentioned by Inc, maybe because EW streets are not on maps yet?

Attachments

• Cell Towers 12-10-2015.png
    Cell Towers 12-10-2015.png
    428.8 KB · Views: 317
Just want to pinpoint out where the cell tower is located and give people an idea the distance of cell tower away from their potential new homes. 

Attachments

• EW.jpg
    EW.jpg
    188.7 KB · Views: 3,662
Eastwood anticipated pricing is online.

Avalon
Low $500,000's

Helena
Mid $600,000's

Petaluma
High $700,000's

Marin
High $800,000's

Belvedere
Low $1,000,000's

Piedmont
Low $1,000,000's

lnc said:
Just sum up the info from different treads:

Avalon ? Attached Condos, Clusters of Three-Plex and Six-Plex
3 plans, 1,161-1,463 sf, 2 Bed, 2 Bath (156 units)

Helena ? Attached Condos, Clusters of Two to Four-Plex
4 plans, 1,557-1,694 sf, 3 Bed, 2.5 Bath (142 units)

Petaluma (Jasmine clone) ? Six-pack Motor Court, Detached Condos
3 plans, 1,684-1,898 sf, 3 Bed, 2.5-3 Bath (106 units)

Marin (Marigold clone) ? Four-pack Motor Court, Detached Condos
5 plans, 1,948-2,317 sf, 3-4 Bed, 2.5-3.5 Bath (157 units)

Belvedere (similar to Laurel & Strada)? SFR
48? x 74? lot, 4 plans, 2,033-2,952 sf, 3-4 Bed, 2.5-4 Bath (134 units)

Piedmont (Saratoga/Terrazza clone)? SFR
38? x 92? lot, 3 plans, 2,165-2,502 sf, 4 Bed, 3-4 Bath (71 units on the south and 88 units on the north)

Back