coronavirus

NEW -> Contingent Buyer Assistance Program
Kings said:
this thread is eerily silent now that people are rioting in the streets.

is the lockdown over? suddenly nobody cares about spreading the virus anymore?

You have about the same probability of getting hurt by rioters or by covid-19. One irrational fear has replaced another.

Kings said:

There were posts on this thread just yesterday. How is that silent?

irvinehomeowner said:
Kings said:

I think Kings means silent by lockdown cheerleaders.

Happiness said:
irvinehomeowner said:
Kings said:

bingo. not one post about how these protests and riots will do 100x more damage to spread the virus than the, in comparison, tiny open the beach protests we had pages and pages of posts about.

Or it's eerily silent because it's wasted effort when most people already made up their minds?

IHO tried for 3 pages on this thread to convince some people of basic facts verifiable on Wikipedia. And got rebuffed.

It's pretty obvious to me that many here are just regurgitating hyper-partisan half truths. What's the point of trying to change minds they are obviously not swayed by facts or nuance?

Kings said:
Happiness said:
irvinehomeowner said:
Kings said:

bingo. not one post about how these protests and riots will do 100x more damage to spread the virus than the, in comparison, tiny open the beach protests we had pages and pages of posts about.

Like Ken said, it?s because some of you don?t want to read. I had just posted yesterday in this thread on the Ozark situation and how the riots will spread the virus too.

There is a separate thread about the riots because it shouldn?t be related to coronavirus.

Just like people are looting with no correlation to Floyd, you are trying to connect the riots to flattening the curve?

Kenkoko said:
Or it's eerily silent because it's wasted effort when most people already made up their minds?

IHO tried for 3 pages on this thread to convince some people of basic facts verifiable on Wikipedia. And got rebuffed.

It's pretty obvious to me that many here are just regurgitating hyper-partisan half truths. What's the point of trying to change minds they are obviously not swayed by facts or nuance?

just follow the bouncing ball

irvinehomeowner said:
Kings said:
Happiness said:
irvinehomeowner said:
Kings said:

Like Ken said, it?s because some of you don?t want to read. I had just posted yesterday in this thread on the Ozark situation and how the riots will spread the virus too.

There is a separate thread about the riots because it shouldn?t be related to coronavirus.

Just like people are looting with no correlation to Floyd, you are trying to connect the riots to flattening the curve?

riots are most certainly related to coronavirus.  do you not believe that these riots will create a second wave moreso than any other reopening conditions?

Kings said:
riots are most certainly related to coronavirus.  do you not believe that these riots will create a second wave moreso than any other reopening conditions?

You are being misleading about your posts.

There is still concern about spreading the virus... there are at least 2 other threads that talk about it... not just this one.

Additionally, of course there is concern about these riots spreading the virus... but the bigger concern about the riots is the immediate harm and danger that it is causing on businesses, property and people. That's why there is a separate thread about it. And unlike flattening the curve, there is a universal agreement that the riots are bad. Should I be posting some model about how riots will cause more spread? That's a given.

Are you telling me that now you believe that social gatherings such as riots actually do spread the virus? And find where I said reopening will cause a 2nd wave... what I did say was that reopening without safety protocols  will do that... like the Ozark and Texas waterpark gatherings.

You keep trying to agendize my opinion, I'm just trying to side with safety and health... I don't need to comment on how dangerous riots are as that is obvious (should I say... at least they are wearing maks?).

irvinehomeowner said:
Kings said:

You are being misleading about your posts.

There is still concern about spreading the virus... there are at least 2 other threads that talk about it... not just this one.

Additionally, of course there is concern about these riots spreading the virus... but the bigger concern about the riots is the immediate harm and danger that it is causing on businesses, property and people. That's why there is a separate thread about it. And unlike flattening the curve, there is a universal agreement that the riots are bad. Should I be posting some model about how riots will cause more spread? That's a given.

Are you telling me that now you believe that social gatherings such as riots actually do spread the virus? And find where I said reopening will cause a 2nd wave... what I did say was that reopening without safety protocols  will do that... like the Ozark and Texas waterpark gatherings.

You keep trying to agendize my opinion, I'm just trying to side with safety and health... I don't need to comment on how dangerous riots are as that is obvious (should I say... at least they are wearing maks?).

my original comment was about how there was silence regarding the spread of coronavirus due to the riots.  since this thread began, there have been an average of 15 posts per day.

since the riots began 3-4 days ago, zero posts about how riots - which i am glad you agree - will be a high risk of spreading the virus even further.  i'm not singling you out or putting an agenda to your opinion (just that you responded to my post so i'm responding back), simply pointing out the hypocrisy of this entire thread with people concerned about the virus spreading but now that there's a shiny new object nobody seems to care.

Kings said:
... simply pointing out the hypocrisy of this entire thread with people concerned about the virus spreading but now that there's a shiny new object nobody seems to care.

The real hypocrisy of this entire thread is chasing the false narrative that the economic hit is about the restrictions and not the disease itself.

Kings said:
my original comment was about how there was silence regarding the spread of coronavirus due to the riots.  since this thread began, there have been an average of 15 posts per day.

since the riots began 3-4 days ago, zero posts about how riots - which i am glad you agree - will be a high risk of spreading the virus even further.  i'm not singling you out or putting an agenda to your opinion (just that you responded to my post so i'm responding back), simply pointing out the hypocrisy of this entire thread with people concerned about the virus spreading but now that there's a shiny new object nobody seems to care.

It could be because qwerty finally figured out what flattening the curve means. :)

Your correlation is muddy but that's your opinion.

I did say this just yesterday:

Most likely there will be similar reports for the rioters. Sad.

Just because the riots is the main news cycle does not lessen the concern about coronavirus... I was discussing this on text with friends and we were saying that this will just make matters worse because blame for more cases/deaths will be mixed between reopening and the riots.

This is just a mess. I hope everyone is able to stay healthy.

MORAL EQUIVALENCE:

People who are able to but justify refusing to pay their legitimate debts by crying coronavirus.

People who justify stealing stuff by crying racism.

Happiness said:
MORAL EQUIVALENCE:

People who are able to but justify refusing to pay their legitimate debts by crying coronavirus.

People who justify stealing stuff by crying racism.

Scream moral equivalence all you want, but that's not how it works in the real world. You think rioters will put down their pitchfork because you hold some sort of moral high ground?

The average net worth of a black household is only 10% of that of a white household. For Latino's it's 12%.

Black women are 320% more likely to die from complication of childbirth than white women.

Black men are 250% more likely to be killed by police than white men.

These are the numbers that define race & inequality in America. You don't fix that, this problem will just keep coming back with every George Floyd like incident.

There's an African proverb that seem very relevant now -- ?The child who is not embraced by the village will burn it down to feel its warmth"

Seeing the images of all the rioting/looting.. and even just the peaceful protests... I am gravely concerned that there will be a large increase in infections/deaths because so many were without masks, not social distancing and yelling/spitting everywhere.

Maybe the numbers will hold true and that the younger people don't die as easily but I'm afraid they will carry this home to older people who are at risk.

This is a real-life test to show if the lockdowns were a large part of flattening the curve.

What I hope is that like the flu, coronavirus is seasonal, so it's not as prevalent right now and there aren't many infected/carriers among all these people.

Some Italian doctors are saying the virus going around there now is less potent. Hopefully that is the case here as well.

I'll just post here as well since it's related to C19.

If we don't see Santa Ana, Santa Monica, Downtown LA, Seattle, on and on areas with spiking increase number of C19 cases, then this whole stay-home-order and social distancing approve to be ____?

Well the CDC said transmission by surface is low risk. The WHO says if you are not sick then you should only wear a mask if you are taking care of someone who is sick (contradicts the CDC).

Only 6 million infections worldwide.

A good portion of the country has been open for about a month now (with various measures in place) and the hospitals are not overwhelmed.

You start putting everything together and it does seem like the contagiousness of this thing was overblown.

Has the  media followed up on the places they would chastise when there were people with no social distancing and they would say how the infections would surge as a result? (That coffee shop in Colorado, etc) to see if in fact there was a surge in the area?

qwerty said:
You start putting everything together and it does seem like the contagiousness of this thing was overblown.

I'm not sure about that. The fact that it's in every country and every state in the US (and most were under lockdown) makes me wonder how it traveled so quickly.

Again, maybe now with the warmer weather, it's less out there so things are "safer"... like Irvine home prices... it could be seasonal. :)

irvinehomeowner said:
qwerty said:

I'm not sure about that. The fact that it's in every country and every state in the US (and most were under lockdown) makes me wonder how it traveled so quickly

I think they refer to them as airplanes :-)

Back