coronavirus

NEW -> Contingent Buyer Assistance Program
irvinehomeowner said:
qwerty said:
irvinehomeowner said:
qwerty said:
Finally someone who understands me!! See you guys later. Moving to Ohio

From CNBC:

"People want to wear masks, they can. But mandating it, that's a whole different story for me," Tuesday's post said. "No one is stopping anybody from wearing a face mask. But quite frankly everyone else's freedom ends at the tip of my nose. You're not going to tell me what to do and there's a lot of people that feel that way."

"If someone is that scared, that they do not want to go out into the public because 100 percent of the people are not wearing masks, then that person should stay home, not tell everyone else what they should be doing," said Vitale, who represents Champaign County and parts of Logan and Shelby counties.

But that's the problem. If you want to re-open the economy, people *have* to abide by protective rules like social distancing and masks.

If you don't, and people "stay home" like Vitale said, then how can the economy return with people afraid to go out and shop?

It's contradictory.

I don?t think it?s contradictory. The masks probably provide what, 10-15% effectiveness? Meaning if you sneeze with a non surgical mask a good amount is going to make it through the mask. While I agree with you that a mask provides some protection, I thinks it is very little. Which is why I think the whole mask thing shouldn?t be required. Recommended is fine. Not to me mention all the people who touch all sorts of groceries and put them back on shelf. Then you have all sorts of people who don?t wash their hands and probably touch all sorts of stuff at the grocery store the the cashier touches all of their stuff and everyone else?s. I can go on and on.

The more effective thing is probably the distancing than the masks.

Are you eyephoning me?

I wasn?t talking about the effectiveness of masks.

I was talking about telling people to stay home if they don?t want to deal with people who won?t wear masks.

But by them staying home, you lose business. We want people to feel safe so they will go to work/stores/restaurants.

That?s the contradiction.

Is that all you got? It is interesting as the pandemic gets worst you are changing your stance. 

qwerty said:
@IHO - got it.

I would never eyephone you, well not intentionally.  I got to much class :-)

That is laughable. The problem is everything is a double standard with you. You can make fun of people. BUT you do not like it when someone dishes it back to you.

qwerty said:
irvinehomeowner said:
qwerty said:
Finally someone who understands me!! See you guys later. Moving to Ohio

From CNBC:

"People want to wear masks, they can. But mandating it, that's a whole different story for me," Tuesday's post said. "No one is stopping anybody from wearing a face mask. But quite frankly everyone else's freedom ends at the tip of my nose. You're not going to tell me what to do and there's a lot of people that feel that way."

"If someone is that scared, that they do not want to go out into the public because 100 percent of the people are not wearing masks, then that person should stay home, not tell everyone else what they should be doing," said Vitale, who represents Champaign County and parts of Logan and Shelby counties.

But that's the problem. If you want to re-open the economy, people *have* to abide by protective rules like social distancing and masks.

If you don't, and people "stay home" like Vitale said, then how can the economy return with people afraid to go out and shop?

It's contradictory.

I don?t think it?s contradictory. The masks probably provide what, 10-15% effectiveness? Meaning if you sneeze with a non surgical mask a good amount is going to make it through the mask. While I agree with you that a mask provides some protection, I thinks it is very little. Which is why I think the whole mask thing shouldn?t be required. Recommended is fine. Not to me mention all the people who touch all sorts of groceries and put them back on shelf. Then you have all sorts of people who don?t wash their hands and probably touch all sorts of stuff at the grocery store the the cashier touches all of their stuff and everyone else?s. I can go on and on.

The more effective thing is probably the distancing than the masks.

I see a lot of surgical masks and some version of N95s around town. Most people I know who wear cloth masks wear one with a filter. I imagine it?s more than 10-15% effective.

If we are trying to flatten the curve, and not overwhelm medical services, then 10% flattening for something like a mask is helpful.  But I think it's more like 50+% effective.

The Asian countries doing better at controlling the virus outbreak all require masks.  Even Italy who has seen their viral outbreak go down is wearing masks now.  Stop denying the mask.  Overwhelming data from around the world says it works.

v3imagesbin1b7af99015769bdafacc9130eeec6612-qc7t2cz8n8gam7683u2_ct1880x930.jpg

eyephone said:
Is that all you got? It is interesting as the pandemic gets worst you are changing your stance.

Really? Show me where my stance changed. You keep forgetting we were both arguing against qwerty, you just got hurt when I wouldn't support your notion that what has been done in other countries can easily be done here while at the same time you are posting articles where Americans are resisting things like social distancing which demonstrates it's not that easy to get a country as large and populous as the US to do what New Zealand does.

Have you found that post yet where you claim I said "it was just a cough or lighter than a flu"?

And as a note, as more information comes in, everyone has the right to change their opinion... that's how life works. Have you figured that out yet?

eyephone said:
You can make fun of people. BUT you do not like it when someone dishes it back to you.

I think you got this backwards. You're the only one who gets really annoyed when anyone criticizes you and you have personally attacked the most people on this forum by talking about their jobs, where they live, their race, their body type, etc... why do you think other members have you on ignore (that's why no one responds to you).

Sorry, I know my post is getting too long and you won't read all of it so I'll wait for one of your off-tangent canned responses:

- Double Standard
- You are like a 5-year old
- I'm a genius
- Get out of here
- You're not my boss
- You aren't reading the Bible right
- Taco/beans or some other racist remark like "brothers you play basketball with"

Or your favorite... "It's Trump's fault" (at least this one I have some agreement with) :)

Here you go.

irvinehomeowner said:
I don't understand.

Based on the numbers, regular flu is more harmful/deadly than coronavirus.

Why would we stay home for corona but not flu?

I don't remember ever having a flu shot in my life yet I'm in public places quite often without a mask... am I immune? I don't think so because I have had bouts of the flu just not often.

Are the symptoms of corona worse than the flu?

I do think I had H1N1 when that was "trendy"... that was probably the worse flu I ever had. I also had a nagging cough when that was a "thing" a few years ago. What can I expect if I catch corona?

I think people who wear masks are more likely more cautious than those who don't. So overall if the country seems to wear them more, it makes sense they're recovering from COVID-19 quicker than those who don't.

My understanding is masks are to prevent spreading from you to others, not the other way. Not just huge sneeze but there could be many transit while you talk to someone, greet at groceries and cashiers, also even just breathe. So those who wear seem to care more for others than don't-tell-me-what-to-do type of people.

BUT overall, even though I follow rules and regulations the city or the state announces for others' peace of mind, I still think this whole COVID-19 with lockdown situation seems very bizarre. It almost feels like some kind of force is controlling all humans globally... Yeah, eyephone can call me fake again. Maybe he'll call me Yelly again.

Mety said:
I think people who wear masks are more likely more cautious than those who don't. So overall if the country seems to wear them more, it makes sense they're recovering from COVID-19 quicker than those who don't.

My understanding is masks are to prevent spreading from you to others, not the other way. Not just huge sneeze but there could be many transit while you talk to someone, greet at groceries and cashiers, also even just breathe. So those who wear seem to care more for others than don't-tell-me-what-to-do type of people.

BUT overall, even though I follow rules and regulations the city or the state announces for others' peace of mind, I still think this whole COVID-19 with lockdown situation seems very bizarre. It almost feels like some kind of force is controlling all humans globally... Yeah, eyephone can call me fake again. Maybe he'll call me Yelly again.

It is airborne.

irvinehomeowner said:
eyephone said:

Really? Show me where my stance changed. You keep forgetting we were both arguing against qwerty, you just got hurt when I wouldn't support your notion that what has been done in other countries can easily be done here while at the same time you are posting articles where Americans are resisting things like social distancing which demonstrates it's not that easy to get a country as large and populous as the US to do what New Zealand does.

Have you found that post yet where you claim I said "it was just a cough or lighter than a flu"?

And as a note, as more information comes in, everyone has the right to change their opinion... that's how life works. Have you figured that out yet?

eyephone said:
You can make fun of people. BUT you do not like it when someone dishes it back to you.

I think you got this backwards. You're the only one who gets really annoyed when anyone criticizes you and you have personally attacked the most people on this forum by talking about their jobs, where they live, their race, their body type, etc... why do you think other members have you on ignore (that's why no one responds to you).

Sorry, I know my post is getting too long and you won't read all of it so I'll wait for one of your off-tangent canned responses:

- Double Standard
- I'm a genius
- Get out of here
- You're not my boss
- Taco/beans or some other racist remark like "brothers you play basketball with"

Or your favorite... "It's Trump's fault" (at least this one I have some agreement with) :)

UNBELIEVABLE!

eyephone said:
Mety said:

It is airborne.

UNBELIEVABLE! GET OUT OF HERE.

irvinehomeowner said:
eyephone said:

eyephone said:

- Double Standard
- I'm a genius
- Get out of here
- You're not my boss

Sorry my statements do not contradict itself like other people.
I can blame Trump like many people in America are.
My statement was for qwerty but I guess it goes to you too.
We all know you are not that smart. (Not the brightest)
So what I said those things. I see nothing wrong with it.

I am not the one who almost got jumped in the parking lot.
(btw I was not on TI or the other website at that time. But man that story is funny.)
The question is: What did you say or do to Tyler to have that escalate that far?

Hey eyephone - serious question, were you bullied as a kid? I like how you have turned things around and have found the necessary courage to be a keyboard tough man. Continue to build that confidence!

Mety said:
eyephone said:
Mety said:

It is airborne.

ABC News: A new study investigates how far coronavirus could spread in the air in real life scenarios

A new study of a COVID-19 outbreak tied to a restaurant in China is re-igniting questions about how far the novel coronavirus could spread in the air and how airflow through ventilators or air conditioners, and the air quality itself, could play a role.

The World Health Organization and the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention have long maintained that the virus is spread primarily through droplets in person-to-person contact and in some cases from contaminated surfaces like stethoscopes, and rarely travels more than six feet in the air. But the recent study, conducted by the Guangzhou Center for Disease Control, suggests that the virus not only passes through person-to-person spread at close range, but can travel farther with help from air currents blowing from ventilation systems.

A second study of the same restaurant, this one using a simulation and led by researchers from the University of Hong Kong, concluded that crowded gatherings and ?poor ventilation? with little outside air brought into the room created an isolated loop, allowing virus particles to be transferred from table to table
https://www.abccolumbia.com/2020/05/04/new-study-looks-at-how-far-covid-19-can-spread/

eyephone said:
Mety said:
eyephone said:
Mety said:

It is airborne.

ABC News: A new study investigates how far coronavirus could spread in the air in real life scenarios

A new study of a COVID-19 outbreak tied to a restaurant in China is re-igniting questions about how far the novel coronavirus could spread in the air and how airflow through ventilators or air conditioners, and the air quality itself, could play a role.

The World Health Organization and the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention have long maintained that the virus is spread primarily through droplets in person-to-person contact and in some cases from contaminated surfaces like stethoscopes, and rarely travels more than six feet in the air. But the recent study, conducted by the Guangzhou Center for Disease Control, suggests that the virus not only passes through person-to-person spread at close range, but can travel farther with help from air currents blowing from ventilation systems.

A second study of the same restaurant, this one using a simulation and led by researchers from the University of Hong Kong, concluded that crowded gatherings and ?poor ventilation? with little outside air brought into the room created an isolated loop, allowing virus particles to be transferred from table to table
https://www.abccolumbia.com/2020/05/04/new-study-looks-at-how-far-covid-19-can-spread/

So you provided a link that supports my idea that wearing masks can slow the spread.
I'M A GENIUS!! WOAHH

aquabliss said:
Compressed-Village said:
Salon owner sent to jail, fined $7,000 for hair styling. She needed to feed her kids. Yeah, we need safety. A $200 citation might have been OK. But, not in Texas. Good reminder that it's a short path from "public safety" to neo-fascism.

https://m.washingtontimes.com/news/2020/may/6/shelley-luther-dallas-salon-owner-sentenced-to-wee/

Her GoFundMe already raised $370k, of which she is the sole beneficiary:https://www.gofundme.com/f/shelley-luther-fund

This kind of glossed over but I think this might be a bit hypocritical or disingenuous of the owner. She's talking about feeding her kids but this GoFundMe is now over $500k. And there is another GoFundMe for the $7k fine which is already over $13k.

It's funny because there is a change.org petition telling GoFundMe to stop collecting for her:
https://www.change.org/p/gofundme-gofund-me-to-stop-collecting-for-shelley-luther

Mety said:
eyephone said:
Mety said:
eyephone said:
Mety said:

It is airborne.

A second study of the same restaurant, this one using a simulation and led by researchers from the University of Hong Kong, concluded that crowded gatherings and %u201Cpoor ventilation%u201D with little outside air brought into the room created an isolated loop, allowing virus particles to be transferred from table to table

So you provided a link that supports my idea that wearing masks can slow the spread.
I'M A GENIUS!! WOAHH

You previously stated: My understanding is masks are to prevent spreading from you to others, not the other way.
So the link does not support your idea. Know your role and bow down. Also, refill my ice tea.

It seems like you do not comprehend the article. I can summarize it for you. Let me know.

eyephone said:
Mety said:
eyephone said:
Mety said:
eyephone said:
Mety said:

It is airborne.

A second study of the same restaurant, this one using a simulation and led by researchers from the University of Hong Kong, concluded that crowded gatherings and %u201Cpoor ventilation%u201D with little outside air brought into the room created an isolated loop, allowing virus particles to be transferred from table to table

I'M A GENIUS!! WOAHH

You previously stated: My understanding is masks are to prevent spreading from you to others, not the other way.
So the link does not support your idea. Know your role and bow down. Also, refill my ice tea.

It seems like you do not comprehend the article. I can summarize it for you. Let me know.

Atta boy! Summarize for me. Deadline on 5pm today.

Since I'm your boss, I'll consider paying you in the next stimulus check.

Oh also, refill my coffee. They're from Ethiopia.

eyephone said:
irvinehomeowner said:
eyephone said:

eyephone said:

- Double Standard
- I'm a genius
- Get out of here
- You're not my boss

Sorry my statements do not contradict itself like other people.
I can blame Trump like many people in America are.
My statement was for qwerty but I guess it goes to you too.
You replied to my post. Learn to use the forum properly.

We all know you are not that smart. (Not the brightest)
Who is this "we" that you are talking about? And why do you have to say "not that smart" and (not the brightest) in parentheses? Do you not understand your own posts so you are talking to yourself? Is that who "we" is? You, yourself and your other personality?

So what I said those things. I see nothing wrong with it.

And that's the hypocrisy. You get so triggered when people disagree with you and then your response is insults instead of civil discourse.

I am not the one who almost got jumped in the parking lot.
(btw I was not on TI or the other website at that time. But man that story is funny.)
The question is: What did you say or do to Tyler to have that escalate that far?

Hah... another classic "eyephone has no idea what he's talking about" moment.

It wasn't me Tyler threatened, it was another member who he thought was my wife. Imagine that... threatening to fight a woman. Maybe you are like Tyler. I recall you said you "know where to find me".

I know I said I would try to ignore you but I've grown tired of all your name calling hypocrisy... wasn't it you who complained because when I called you Captain Obvious (which most people on this board will agree with)? Even Mety was trying to be civil with you and you started questioning his Christianity... who does that?

Let me guess... your next response will be:

- You're a joke
- You're fat
- You're a b*****

Why don't you just try and talk to people instead of insulting what they do for a living?

Back