coronavirus

NEW -> Contingent Buyer Assistance Program
Kenkoko said:
Soylent Green Is People said:
Not wanting to set too high of a bar, but if it's possible to also find a name brand politician - State or National - saying let's make a billion ventilators and a trillion sets of PPE's back in late January or early February, that would be nice as well. Late February/early March, sure, but by then the genie was out of the bottle.

Not everyone took it lightly. Andrew Yang on Jan 23rd "This coronavirus is very serious."
https://twitter.com/AndrewYang/status/1220440518733303809

He was on numerous podcasts late Jan through mid Feb talking about getting ready for this and how our institutions were inadequately prepared.

He may have said that, but he didn't say anything that we should do a national stay-at-home.  I agree with SGIP, there was no political courage by anyone to come out in Jan-Feb and say to lock things down. We are where we are and can only hope for the best, including that we don't get a big uptick in new cases when we do reopen things.

USCTrojanCPA said:
Kenkoko said:
Not wanting to set too high of a bar, but if it's possible to also find a name brand politician - State or National - saying let's make a billion ventilators and a trillion sets of PPE's back in late January or early February, that would be nice as well. Late February/early March, sure, but by then the genie was out of the bottle.

Not everyone took it lightly. Andrew Yang on Jan 23rd "This coronavirus is very serious."

He was on numerous podcasts late Jan through mid Feb talking about getting ready for this and how our institutions were inadequately prepared.

He may have said that, but he didn't say anything that we should do a national stay-at-home.  I agree with SGIP, there was no political courage by anyone to come out in Jan-Feb and say to lock things down. We are where we are and can only hope for the best, including that we don't get a big uptick in new cases when we do reopen things.

President Trump didn't even consider it serious. This was President Trump one day before Yang.

?It?s one person coming in from China, and we have it under control. It?s going to be just fine.? - January 22

Even at the end of February, President Trump didn't consider it serious.

"within a couple days is going to be down close to zero" - Feb 26

I could go on with more Trump quotes but it's probably pointless. People who support President Trump are more than willing to let this go. 

No accountability but it is what it is.

Kenkoko said:
USCTrojanCPA said:
Kenkoko said:

President Trump didn't even consider it serious. This was President Trump one day before Yang.

?It?s one person coming in from China, and we have it under control. It?s going to be just fine.? - January 22

Even at the end of February, President Trump didn't consider it serious.

"within a couple days is going to be down close to zero" - Feb 26

I could go on with more Trump quotes but it's probably pointless. People who support President Trump are more than willing to let this go. 

No accountability but it is what it is.

If we aren't all dead from the virus or dead broke, we can all voice our opinion in November.

Haha - I told you he is all smoke and mirrors. Go protest and fight for your right to work. But you know what just kidding. I change my mind.

Trump's timeline as of last week.

Dec 18 - House Impeaches Trump

Jan 8 - First CDC warning on Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Jan 9 - Trump campaign rally

Jan 14 - Trump campaign rally

Jan 16 - House sends impeachment articles to Senate

Jan 18 - Trump golfs

Jan 19 - Trump golfs

Jan 20 - first case of COVID-19 in the US, Washington State.

Jan 22 - ?We have it totally under control. It?s one person coming in from China. It?s going to be just fine.?

Jan 28 - Trump campaign rally

Jan 30 - Trump campaign rally

Jan 30 - WHO declares Public Health Emergency of International Concern (PHEIC).
https://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/924596

Jan 31 - Trump announces China travel restrictions.

Feb 1 - Trump golfs

Feb 2 - Starts China travel restrictions

Feb 2 - ?We pretty much shut it down coming in from China."

Feb 5 - Senate votes to acquit. Then takes a five-day weekend.

Feb 5 - HHS Secretary Azar requested $2 billion to buy respirator masks & other supplies for the national stockpile. Trump cut request by 75%

Feb 10 - Trump campaign rally

Feb 11 - At a rally, Trump says the virus will 'miraculously go away' with warmer weather. Meanwhile, the white house releases fiscal budget plan which proposes large budget cuts to the CDC and NIH
https://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/925130
Feb 12 - Dow Jones closes at an all time high of 29,551.42

Feb 15 - Trump golfs

Feb 19 - Trump campaign rally

Feb 20 - Trump campaign rally

Feb 21 - Trump campaign rally

Feb 24 - ?The Coronavirus is very much under control in the USA? Stock Market starting to look very good to me!?

Feb 25 - ?CDC and my Administration are doing a GREAT job of handling Coronavirus.?

Feb 25 - ?I think that's a problem that?s going to go away? They have studied it. They know very much. In fact, we?re very close to a vaccine.?

Feb 26 - ?The 15 (cases in the US) within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero.?

Feb 26 - ?We're going very substantially down, not up.?

Feb 26 - "This is a flu. This is like a flu"; "Now, you treat this like a flu"; "It's a little like the regular flu that we have flu shots for. And we'll essentially have a flu shot for this in a fairly quick manner."

Feb 27 - ?One day it?s like a miracle, it will disappear.?

Feb 28 - ?We're ordering a lot of supplies. We're ordering a lot of, uh, elements that frankly we wouldn't be ordering unless it was something like this. But we're ordering a lot of different elements of medical.?

Feb 28 - "The press is in Hysteria mode!" Over covid19

Feb 28 - Trump campaign rally

Feb 29 - First COVID-19 death in US

Mar 2 - ?You take a solid flu vaccine, you don't think that could have an impact, or much of an impact, on corona??

Mar 2 - ?A lot of things are happening, a lot of very exciting things are happening and they?re happening very rapidly.?

Mar 4 - ?If we have thousands or hundreds of thousands of people that get better just by, you know, sitting around and even going to work ? some of them go to work, but they get better.?

Mar 5 - ?I NEVER said people that are feeling sick should go to work.?

Mar 5 - ?The United States? has, as of now, only 129 cases? and 11 deaths. We are working very hard to keep these numbers as low as possible!?

Mar 6 - ?I think we?re doing a really good job in this country at keeping it down? a tremendous job at keeping it down.?

Mar 6 - ?Anybody right now, and yesterday, anybody that needs a test gets a test. They?re there. And the tests are beautiful?. the tests are all perfect like the letter was perfect. The transcription was perfect. Right? This was not as perfect as that but pretty good.?

Mar 6 - ?I like this stuff. I really get it. People are surprised that I understand it? Every one of these doctors said, ?How do you know so much about this?? Maybe I have a natural ability. Maybe I should have done that instead of running for president.?

Mar 6 - ?I don't need to have the numbers double because of one ship that wasn't our fault.?

Mar 6 -"It came out of China... we closed it down, we stopped it."

Mar 7 - Trump golfs

Mar 8 - Trump golfs

Mar 8 - ?We have a perfectly coordinated and fine tuned plan at the White House for our attack on CoronaVirus.?

Mar 9 - ?This blindsided the world.?

Mar 9 - "The Fake News Media and their partner, the Democrat Party, is doing everything within its semi-considerable power (it used to be greater!) to inflame the CoronaVirus situation, far beyond what the facts would warrant.
https://thehill.com/homenews/admini...-democrats-working-to-inflame-the-coronavirus

Mar 10 - "It will go away. Just stay calm. It will go away."

Mar10 - Trump Addresses the Nation - closes travel to 26 countries in Europe, exempting those that contain Trump Resorts.

Mar 11 - Trump corrects multiple major misstatements in his national address.
https://www.salon.com/2020/03/12/of...-by-trump-during-bungled-coronavirus-address/

Mar 12 - Finally ordered N95masks

Mar 13 - [Declared state of emergency]

Mar 13 - " I dont take responsibility at all."

Mar 14 - Young Asian-American family of 4 stabbed in TX Sam's Club by man who thinks they're responsible for COVID.

Mar 15 - "It's a very contagious virus. It's incredible. But it's something we have tremendous control of."

Mar 15 - 3,613 COVID-19 cases, 69 deaths

Mar 17 - ?This is a pandemic,? Mr. Trump told reporters. ?I felt it was a pandemic long before it was called a pandemic.?

Mar 18 - "It?s not racist at all. No. Not at all. It comes from China. That?s why. It comes from China. I want to be accurate."

Mar 19 - "And we?re going to be able to make that drug available almost immediately, and that?s where the FDA has been so great. They ? they?ve gone through the approval process. It?s been approved."

Mar 19 - FDA "Chrloroquine has not been approved for use against COVID-19."

Mar 20 - Trump says he is going to enact the Defense Production Act

Mar 23 - Dow Jones closes at 18,591.93

Mar 23 - "You look at automobile accidents, which are far greater than any numbers we're talking about. That doesn't mean we're going to tell everybody no more driving of cars. So we have to do things to get our country open."

Mar 25 - 3.3 million Americans file for unemployment.

Mar 26 - ?You call it a germ, you can call it a flu, you can call it a virus. You know, you can call it many different names. I'm not sure anybody even knows what it is...?

Mar 27 - Activates Defense Production Act

Mar 30 - Dow Jones closes at 21,917.16

Apr 1 - "Did you know I was number one on Facebook?"

Apr 2 - 6.6 million Americans file for unemployment.

Apr 3 - 270,062 COVID-19 cases, 6,927 deaths.

Apr 4 - ?Maybe we could allow special, for churches, maybe we could talk about it. Maybe we could allow them, with great separation outside, on Easter Sunday. I don?t know, it's something we should talk about,? he said.

?We have to get this country open. This country was not designed to be closed...we're paying people to stay home...and they want to go to work.?

Apr 5 - More then 9000 deaths in US from Covid-19. More than active service members killed in Iraq and Afghanistan combined.

Apr 6 - "I answered this 15 times. You don't have to answer." -- Trump prevents Dr Fauci from answering a question about hydroxychloroquine

Apr 7 - Trump threatens to pull funding from WHO

The whole Hannity interview. Just a couple snippets.https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/08/politics/donald-trump-sean-hannity-coronavirus/index.html

Apr 10 - Trump administration announces employers dont have to report corona virus cases unless you are in the health care industry.https://www.commondreams.org/news/2...rump-tells-corporations-they-dont-have-record

?This is a very brilliant enemy. You know, it?s a brilliant enemy. They develop drugs like the antibiotics. You see it. Antibiotics used to solve every problem. Now one of the biggest problems the world has is the germ has gotten so brilliant that the antibiotic can?t keep up with it."

He added: ?We?re fighting ? not only is it hidden, but it?s very smart. Okay? It?s invisible and it?s hidden, but it?s ? it?s very smart.?

Apr 11 - Trump asked White House coronavirus task force member Dr. Anthony Fauci, ?Why don?t we let this wash over the country??

Apr 13 - Trump claims absolute authority over states governors

Apr 13 - "The media minimized the risk from the start."

Apr 14 - Trump announces USA will stop funding WHO

Oh and it case you missed it, he suggested today that perhaps we should be injecting disinfectant into the body to treat covid.

?So supposing we hit the body with a tremendous ? whether it?s ultraviolet or just a very powerful light ? and I think you said that hasn?t been checked because of the testing," Trump said, speaking to Bryan during the briefing. "And then I said supposing you brought the light inside the body, which you can do either through the skin or some other way and I think you said you?re going to test that too."

He added, "I see the disinfectant that knocks it out in a minute, one minute. And is there a way we can do something like that by injection inside or almost a cleaning. As you see it gets in the lungs, it does a tremendous number on the lungs, so it would be interesting to check that."

Who knows what kind of treatment will work. It's not outside of the realm of possibility to try things like UV or Light therapy. Lasers help with joint pain for example.

POTUS 45 isn't a medical professional. He's a reality TV game show host who maintains a positive view of things. One can't ascribe any chit chat from the Cheeto in Chief as serious medical advice.

There's a very good article in the WSJ today about HHS asking medical suppliers to look at ramping up production waaaay back in January. Should this have become public knowledge in January? If you thought a 50% haircut in your 401k was bad in April, you may be thankful it didn't happen in January had that news gotten out earlier to a completely unaware nation.

Does anyone really believe that a politician tells the truth 100% of the time? In January, February, and March there was plenty of happy talk, political bashing, and the usual stuff that makes DC, DC. In the background though, plenty of things were being done. As mentioned in this thread earlier, imagine Roosevelt or Churchill getting on the radio saying "Wow, these Germans are really kicking our ass out there. Lots of soldiers are going to perish at sea, on land, and in the air, along with millions of civillians". No. They kept a lid on the bad news and spread as much spin and BS as they could to keep people encouraged. Not equating Roosevelt to Trump, but the actions are the same.

PS - Everyone complained about Bush golfing, Obama golfing, and now Trump. If you don't play (I stopped years ago...) most people don't realize that more business gets done on the course than ever gets done behind the desk.

Kenoko - Andrew Yang is not a politician. He was a candidate. Did he use some of his $$$ in January and early February to import ventilators and PPE? I know the owner of the New England Patriots did later in the Pandemic timeline, and I'm sure Mr. Yang has contributed now, in our current time, to the care and comfort of others. Back then, he was winding down his campaign and not very much able to enact change. Back then at the very same moment, 45 was nearly thrown out of office over a phone call. Both men had quite a bit on their minds at the time. Still, 45 put a travel ban in place and was called a bigot, but still, action was taken then, not later down the line.

The BBC is a news resource. They reported it back on January 3rd in a blas?, commonplace mannerism. Keep readiing through their reportage up until mid February - that's when the SHTF. That's when everyone got more serious about PPE, Social Distancing, and other mitigating factors.
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-china-50984025

My .02c

Who knows what kind of treatment will work. It's not outside of the realm of possibility to try things like UV or Light therapy. Lasers help with joint pain for example.

POTUS 45 isn't a medical professional. He's a reality TV game show host with a positive view of things. One can't ascribe any chit chat from the Cheeto in Chief as serious medical advice.

There's a very good article in the WSJ today about HHS asking medical suppliers to look at ramping up production waaaay back in January. Should this have become public knowledge in January? If you thought a 50% haircut in your 401k was bad in April, you may be thankful it didn't happen in January had that news gotten out earlier to a completely unaware nation.

Does anyone really believe that a politician tells the truth 100% of the time? In January, February, and March there was plenty of happy talk, political bashing, and the usual stuff that makes DC, DC. In the background though, plenty of things were being done. As mentioned in this thread earlier, imagine Roosevelt or Churchill getting on the radio saying "Wow, these Germans are really kicking our ass out there. Lots of soldiers are going to perish at sea, on land, and in the air, along with millions of civillians". No. They kept a lid on the bad news and spread as much spin and BS as they could to keep people encouraged. Not equating Roosevelt to Trump, but the actions are the same.

PS - Everyone complained about Bush golfing, Obama golfing, and now Trump. If you don't play (I stopped years ago...) most people don't realize that more business gets done on the course than ever gets done behind the desk.

My .02c

The guy lies like a sleepy sleazy salesperson. Like no credibility.
They move the goal posts. There are such double standards.
Starts chaos, but then backs down and pretends nothing happened. Sorry its a joke. Big time joke.

Eyephone, Sorry to hi-jack your Corona thread... but sometimes in this Corona craziness.. we just need to laugh for the sake of our mental health.

A Man looking out of his window from his 3 bedroom detached condo in Woodbury.

Click the image to watch.

iacrenter said:
If we aren't all dead from the virus or dead broke, we can all voice our opinion in November.

In November, very few will be dead but almost all will be broke. Politicians, please plan accordingly.

I am so buying up all the tremendous, powerful UV lights today before there is a run on it.
Would have bought up all bleach and Lysol but too bad they don't come in my fav strawberry flavor. :(

Cornflakes said:
I am so buying up all the tremendous, powerful UV lights today before there is a run on it.
Would have bought up all bleach and Lysol but too bad they don't come in my fav strawberry flavor. :(

Do the UV lights come in strawberry flavor? I think the prez is going to recommend swallowing them in today's presser. :)

Strawberry Lysol - too funny!

Reminds me of last nights conversation with Soylent Blue - If Ranch Dressing is a beverage, does that make Ketchup is a sports drink? (electrolytes, sugar, fruit, water.....) Convince me otherwise.

Soylent Yellow paid us a visit this week, coming down from the Burbank area and meeting the rest here behind the Orange Curtain. We hadn't had visible contact for about a month, and there's only so many clues one can get by phone calls. Two friends had coronavirus (confirmed, but mild cases). Because of that, and the general nature of working in LA, there was a much more serious view on social distancing and coming in contact with doors, buttons, etc. Are any of your personal contacts living out of OC taking these warnings by the Government much more to heart than we are here in OC?

My .02c

Back