coronavirus

NEW -> Contingent Buyer Assistance Program
bones said:
Businesses will.  Schools will.  From there, it trickles down into peer pressure, obeying the order, doing the right thing.  Obviously he won't be able to enforce every single person doing every single thing in their every day life.
I mean the real enforcement. Law enforcement. Peer pressure is a joke, only works for teens. Without the proper enforcement, the law is moot.

adventurous said:
bones said:
Businesses will.  Schools will.  From there, it trickles down into peer pressure, obeying the order, doing the right thing.  Obviously he won't be able to enforce every single person doing every single thing in their every day life.
I mean the real enforcement. Law enforcement. Peer pressure is a joke, only works for teens. Without the proper enforcement, the law is moot.

No it's not moot.  Businesses and schools will follow.  More people will wear masks.  You will never get 100% buy in but with this order, you will get more people to wear them.

It worked for NY.  It took Newsom this long to follow.  He should have done it sooner.

Was today Cuomo's last daily pressers?  He did a good job.

bones said:
No it's not moot.  Businesses and schools will follow.  More people will wear masks.  You will never get 100% buy in but with this order, you will get more people to wear them.
Schools always follow all the government regulations. All the businesses already have a mask notifications posted. Those who didn't wear the masks, are not going to comply. Police is not going to enforce. So, what exactly changed?

zubs said:
It worked for NY.  It took Newsom this long to follow.  He should have done it sooner.

Worked in NY? Did you check the numbers lately? What worked in NY is the herd immunity. They have a small number of people, who yet were not exposed to the virus.

adventurous said:
bones said:
Schools always follow all the government regulations. All the businesses already have a mask notifications posted. Those who didn't wear the masks, are not going to comply. Police is not going to enforce. So, what exactly changed?

Nope.  Some businesses recommended masks but did not require them.  I've been to several businesses (outside of Irvine) since OC took down the mask mandate where masks were not being used by employees and/or customers. 

bones said:
Nope.  Some businesses recommended masks but did not require them.  I've been to several businesses (outside of Irvine) since OC took down the mask mandate where masks were not being used by employees and/or customers.
Those businesses are not going to change the stance. They don't have a duty to enforce the executive orders.

adventurous said:
bones said:
Those businesses are not going to change the stance. They don't have a duty to enforce the executive orders.

Some will. Already got an email saying student must wear mask for one of my kid?s (indoor) activities. And one of the places I frequent will once again put out free masks at their door and require masks for entry after putting all that stuff away last week.

I went to Garden Grove this weekend to pick up some Vietnamese food for a party.  My wife gave me the name and address of a place in a predominantly Vietnamese center that sells this special kind of crispy pork she wanted.

Ain't nobody over there wearing masks.  Not the patrons, not the workers, not the people wandering aimlessly around the center.  I think I saw 1 mask wearer in line at the restaurant, and maybe 1 walking around the center.  9 out of 10 were going commando.

Nothing is wrong with me. You are snake in the grass.

Do not blame me. I am not the one trying to nickel and dime the hoa. Lol

Mety said:
I was simply asking for other community's HOA situation since many companies and corporations were giving discounts and refunds as I described in that thread. After reading people's responses, it made sense HOAs don't refund because taking care of the community still takes maintenance even though we're not allow to use it for awhile.

You probably thought I was looking for ways to get refunds from HOA because I was having a hard time during this pandemic. Guess what? You assumed wrong again. The purpose of that thread and the reason I wrote are as described above, to see what other HOAs are doing. Nothing more, nothing less. That's why we share opinions here, my friend.

But I appreciate your effort and willingness to cut me a check. I will take your sincere heart. Not sure why you're shaking head though. My guess is you probably are assuming something wrong on your own. ;D

eyephone said:
Sorry reading your post I just shake my head.

Do you want an HOA discount?
Do you want me to write you a check to give you a refund?

Owning a house is not cheap.

Mety said:
I believe God created science so that we may use it to *love* God more. Interestingly, many are using it trying to prove God as false and it seems to be working for many followers.

However, please know that science is never 100%. It's always up to 99.99% when announced to public. Besides so much science is being used and manipulated politically now days, much of them are keep getting debunked so bad. It makes people like me not even want to believe what's being announced to the public regarding C-19 records.

Please do not get confused. I believe in science. But when it goes against what God says such as the 7-day creation and young earth theory, then I'm choosing the Word of God over the never-100%-proven science on certain matters.

freedomcm said:
Actually, there is the *science* of epidemiology that can answer these questions.  But you have to be willing to accept evidence-based determinations.

Mety said:
Yeah. That MAYBE is the key word. We don't know. We can only share what we believe or think. That is called "opinions." The only absolute truth is God's Word. Everything else in this world is just bunch of personal opinions. Few are important, many are not.

bones said:
Some will. Already got an email saying student must wear mask for one of my kid?s (indoor) activities. And one of the places I frequent will once again put out free masks at their door and require masks for entry after putting all that stuff away last week.
Others won't. Moreover, they rescind their company policy and replace it with the governor EO. Once it becomes state mandated, they will let the state enforce it. There is nothing on their books that requires them to enforce the executive orders.

What if Newsom pulls a Cuomo and threatens to pull a bars liquor license if they don't comply with masks and social distancing?

zubs said:
What if Newsom pulls a Cuomo and threatens to pull a bars liquor license if they don't comply with masks and social distancing?
There is a recall initiative going on for him. If he wants to get recalled much faster, he can play a tough boy

adventurous said:
bones said:
Others won't. Moreover, they rescind their company policy and replace it with the governor EO. Once it becomes state mandated, they will let the state enforce it. There is nothing on their books that requires them to enforce the executive orders.

Not sure what you mean by this.

Irvine has had a mandated mask order since 4/8. Businesses in violation will be fined... many businesses have this order posted so they can tell patrons why a mask is required.
https://legacy.cityofirvine.org/civica/filebank/blobdload.asp?BlobID=32485

Why would they not enforce a state order?

adventurous said:
bones said:

Again, you won't get everyone to buy in.  There are businesses who will go above and beyond, some that will do exactly as the order spells out, some that don't want to do it but will because it's the order, but as soon as that order goes away, it's back to "normal", some that will cherry pick and implement some stuff, and some that flat out refuse to do it.  But I do believe, with the order, more businesses/people/places/schools/etc will wear masks.

bones said:
Again, you won't get everyone to buy in.  There are businesses who will go above and beyond, some that will do exactly as the order spells out, some that don't want to do it but will because it's the order, but as soon as that order goes away, it's back to "normal", some that will cherry pick and implement some stuff, and some that flat out refuse to do it.  But I do believe, with the order, more businesses/people/places/schools/etc will wear masks.
Let's leave the public schools and gov. offices aside, they must comply with all the reasonable and ridiculous regulations. Other businesses are not going to change much. They will post the EO on the front door and continue the business as usual.

adventurous said:
zubs said:

Worked in NY? Did you check the numbers lately? What worked in NY is the herd immunity. They have a small number of people, who yet were not exposed to the virus.

Are you an epidemiologist? Post the links where NY has herd immunity... I haven't read that anywhere.

Back