Work in office or remote?

What kind of position do you prefer?

• Work in office

Votes: 8 16.7%
  • Work remote

Votes: 18 37.5%
  • Hybrid office (more office., some remote)

Votes: 9 18.8%
  • Hybrid remote (more remote, some office)

Votes: 15 31.3%
  • Other (specify in comments)

Votes: 1 2.1%

• Total voters
NEW -> Contingent Buyer Assistance Program
I don't work for Amazon, but work in the same building that house Amazon in Irvine across from Spectrum.

Pre-pandemic, when I had to go in 5 days a week, it's hard not to notice the frequent Amazon new hire orientation events being held.

How to make space for new hire? Get rid of existing employees...

Tell me the per profit per employee of Twitter/X and then tell me the per profit of Alphabet and Amazon.

Elon clearly screwed up by firing too many people. You realize they're desperately trying to hire now right? You can go to the jobs page to see. Many of those roles posted are not just for a single open position.
From the article:
Speaking with analysts, Olsavsky credited an improvement in Amazon Web Services quarterly operating profit margin to headcount reductions from earlier in the year and a slowdown in the pace of hiring.
Profit increased due to headcount reductions. Translation -> we were too big, got rid of some dead weight, and now our numbers are better

From the article:

Profit increased due to headcount reductions. Translation -> we were too big, got rid of some dead weight, and now our numbers are better
Both of those companies have rehired up to the headcount of where they were during the layoffs, so that analyst would be wrong.

Did/do these companies have *some* deadweight? yes, of course, hence why they do fire under performers, and when the economy can justify it, trim some fat that maybe didn't work out and rehire some new talent.

But the idea that they could be as profitable with drastically less people is just not true. They're much less likely than the average company to have slackers, this is an industry known for people not lasting long at these companies. The average tenure is not long, despite top tier pay.

Back