What?s happening in Northwood II right now?

NEW -> Contingent Buyer Assistance Program
Text from Weapon's OC Register article, dated 2.17.09 (Uh, that's today and this is indeed the OC Register, and they do indeed say Trabuco Grove shopping center.....) You guys need to get this "conspiracy theory" out of your head. Too bad IPD doesn't have more of your trust. :(

And the reason you are not hearing much detail about this shooting is b/c we (police) don't talk about murder investigations to the press, unless we are at a dead end or think the public can help. All facts are kept close to the vest with choreographed "leaks" to the press to see if we can shake anything loose. Ocasionally (shocker here....hold onto your hats) we manipulate the press as well, and leak false facts. I won't go into detail why.

<strong>Tuesday, February 17, 2009</strong>

Police: Irvine fatal shooting not random

Authorities investigating death of 42-year-old man found in car parked behind busy Irvine shopping center.

By SEAN EMERY

THE ORANGE COUNTY REGISTER

Comments | Recommend

IRVINE ? Police say the shooting death of a man found inside a car parked behind an Irvine eatery <strong>was most likely not a random act</strong>. Investigators continue to focus their investigation on the search for a man seen leaving the scene of the crime.

Police late Wednesday afternoon found the body of Hong Guang Zhu, 42, in a white Lexus parked behind a row of restaurants in the <strong>Trabuco Grove Shopping Center</strong> at Jeffrey Road and Roosevelt, near the I-5 freeway.

Authorities say the Lexus was registered to Zhu, a Rowland Heights resident who worked at the Tri Village Chinese Restaurant in the shopping center.

Zhu reportedly died of a gunshot wound, but police have not said to what portion of his body, and a weapon has not been found.

Authorities have released few details about the shooting, but Irvine police Lt. John Hare on Tuesday said detectives do not believe it was a random act.

"They are continuing to follow up leads to get a clearer picture of what happened, but they don't believe it was random," Hare said.

Investigators are still looking for a man seen walking away from the crime scene minutes after the shooting.

The man, who was wearing a dark, hooded sweat shirt at the time, is in his mid-20s and about 5 feet, 6 inches tall, Hare said.

An overnight search in the hours after the shooting with numerous officers, helicopters and bloodhounds scouring the neighborhoods surrounding the bustling shopping center came up empty, Hare said.

<strong>

Police continue to investigate the shooting as a homicide</strong>, Hare said, although they have not ruled out the possibility of a self-inflicted gunshot.

Hare declined to comment on whether the victim had a criminal record.

"That is certainly part of the investigation, but not the most prominent part of it at this point," Hare said.

Police have also denied any link between the white Lexus at the Irvine shooting and similar vehicles tied to a recent double slaying in Stanton, and robberies in Fullerton and La Habra.

The white Lexus used in at least one of the Fullerton robberies was already located, while the license plate of the Lexus belonging to one of the Stanton victims doesn't match the one in the Irvine shooting.

The shooting surprised many in the Irvine community, which is on track to become the safest city for the fifth year in a row.

Violent crime dropped 17 percent during the first half of 2008, putting the city's per capita crime rate on track to be the lowest in Irvine's history, according to preliminary FBI statistics.

<strong>Police are asking anyone with information about the shooting to call Detective Noelle Smiley at 949-724-7168.</strong>

Contact the writer: 949-553-2911 or semery@<strong>ocregister</strong>.com

<em>..Although they have not ruled out the possibility of a self-inflicted gunshot</em>

If I had to venture a guess at why this comment is still pending, it would be to make the killer feel more comfortable.....like, "Hey, those cops are so stupid and think he might have killed himself." He will relax and be more likely to trip up or brag about it.

[quote author="Trooper" date=1234947467]<em>..Although they have not ruled out the possibility of a self-inflicted gunshot</em>

If I had to venture a guess at why this comment is still pending, it would be to make the killer feel more comfortable.....like, "Hey, those cops are so stupid and think he might have killed himself." He will relax and be more likely to trip up or brag about it.</blockquote>

At least that makes some sense. Troop, it's nice to have your perspective on the whole thing.

[quote author="no_vaseline" date=1235024074]I wonder if the victim was a regular in my lineup?</blockquote>
Now your line is shorter! He found a way to end his gambling addiction.

[quote author="bkshopr" date=1235039989][quote author="no_vaseline" date=1235024074]I wonder if the victim was a regular in my lineup?</blockquote>
Now your line is shorter! He found a way to end his gambling addiction.</blockquote>

By getting murdered by an asian gang that no one in irvine ever bothers to admit exists. I also dont buy that the IPD is holding back for some "case reason" they have their "one of the safest cities in america" title to uphold and you think they wont go to any lengths to defend that? That idea is just crazy talk.

[quote author="bkshopr" date=1235039989][quote author="no_vaseline" date=1235024074]I wonder if the victim was a regular in my lineup?</blockquote>
Now your line is shorter! He found a way to end his gambling addiction.</blockquote>

Oh no! Lineup = playing at a certain table.

If you are waiting for a table you are "on the list".

The list is never very long because they just open a new game.

Back