The Backyard: Pergola, Covered Trellis, or sunshade ideas

Aquabliss.  I've seen the set up like what your working on. They're really nice. You get the traditional look of pergola with the added functionality of sunshade.

The equinox are extremely functional, they just look very sterile to me.  While I know they're very expensive they just look cheap to me.  Good example is the gallery with the culture stone and then Equinox on top.  To me screams "went half way".  It's a high tech manufactured cover seems like the rest should be equally high tech. 

Nosuch,

Yes it's very cool but if I can get something that is more solid I'd prefer it. It seems like rain will still leak through the cracks of the shutters even when it's closed, water dripping onto your patio furniture etc. I'd like to find something more enclosed and solid... yet still retractable.

Ah yes, Jonah for me I think this is the best option so far. I still would prefer a "hardtop convertible" over this soft top, something with hard panels that slide, but it's nice that this cloth version is all one piece. I have some experience with outdoor drapes and blinds and one downside is the wind can really make them buffet.

Do you have any approx. costs for something like this and who can do it?

Jonah said:
My personal preference is something modern, with clean lines.  I like the aluminum ones with the canopy - but not the canopy as pictured in the Piedmont model.  Prefer something more like the one attached.  We may look at putting one in, but I know the process through the HOA is lengthy. 
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/d8/bb/ac/d8bbac105525e83ac2a980d660570e3f.jpg

One of our neighbors has a canvas retractable shade like this over their trellis. It looks good, although the color is odd, but I think you're supposed to leave it retracted most of the time to delay sun and rain damage.

Back