Retail Openings and Closures

NEW -> Contingent Buyer Assistance Program
I LOVE El Pollo Loco but whenever I go to Woodbury, I rarely visit that one due to the fact it has no drive-thru like the other E.P.L.s. which is disappointing.

SoCal said:
I LOVE El Pollo Loco but whenever I go to Woodbury, I rarely visit that one due to the fact it has no drive-thru like the other E.P.L.s. which is disappointing.

The EPL by FHR has no drive through too...  :(

homer_simpson said:
SoCal said:

The EPL by FHR has no drive through too...  :(

What does FHR mean?

irvinehomeowner said:
Well... Foothill Ranch is technically Lake Forest. :)

Which would be find if he said the El Pollo Lollo located in FHR was in Lake Forest....but he said the opposite...:)

I wouldn't of known that anyways and I am at the FHR shopping center all the time.  In N Out gets all my fast food attention over there.

Let me see... without Google, EPL off of El Toro Rd, the one I mentioned off Trabuco, Oak Creek, Tustin Marketplace, Barranca and Jamboree.

I believe the one in Tustin Marketplace had the head chef who won numerous EPL awards.

I noticed that the Chinez Chinese restaurant at Alton & Culver (near T-Mobile) had closed.  I thought it was open just a few weeks ago.  I liked their food.  Bummer.

elgringo said:
I noticed that the Chinez Chinese restaurant at Alton & Culver (near T-Mobile) had closed.  I thought it was open just a few weeks ago.  I liked their food.  Bummer.

That makes two fans of Chinez on TI!  I'm starting a petition.

Got the email below....I think a name change is necessary...:)

You're invited to the grand opening celebration of Assi Natural Market! On Thursday, March 28 at 9:00am, the market will open its first Orange County location Woodbridge Village Center in Irvine.

The event will include a ribbon-cutting ceremony along with a dedication by Mayor Steven Choi and Neda Zaengle, president of Irvine Public Schools Foundation. Enjoy live entertainment and plenty of fabulous product giveaways, including the ability to enter to win a brand new Kia vehicle and household appliances such as rice cookers.* Further, join us for the "Taste of Assi" to sample foods and products from more than 30 vendors for the entire grand opening month. Look for tasty samples of shumai dumplings, donburi rice bowls, miso soup, tofu and chips.

Hailed by Los Angeles Times and Orange County Register as "the Whole Foods of Ethnic Supermarkets," the store features an array of Asian and American products, including: organic produce, organic meats (including Kobe-certified and Wagyu beef, Kurobuta pork and free-range Jidori chicken), seafood, boutique wines, and specialty Asian spirits. Food-lovers and avid home-cooks can also look forward to more than 200 different kinds of frozen dumplings, 40 kinds of housemade kimchi, 18 kinds of in-house marinated meats, a shabu-shabu section with meats sliced-to-order and even ready-to-cook hotpot packages with ingredients for the perfect at-home shabu-shabu meal.

Assi Natural Market will also feature a bakery with a food court featuring prepared goods such as made-to-order sushi, kimbap and even Italian and American fare - perfect for those wanting to grab lunch on-the-go.

Assi Natural Market is located in Woodbridge Village Center at 4730 Barranca Parkway in Irvine. The market will be open Monday - Saturday from 8:00am to midnight and Sunday from 8:00am to 10:00pm. For more information, please call the store at (949) 733-0900.

*Winner of Kia giveaway will be chosen in August 2013. For official rules, please visit Assi Natural 

Here's a transcript of the board meeting:

Person A: What should we call this event?
Person B:  Assi Food Demonstration?
Person C:  Assi Food Tasting?
Person D:  Taste of Assi?
All:  that's it!  That's what we'll call it!

Better than "Taste Like Assi!".

The name of the market needs some work too.... "Assi Natural"... wow.

In other Korean food related news:

California GoGi opened at the University Center. It's basically a Chipotle but for Korean BBQ. You get to choose your meat, up to two Banchan (side dishes) and it comes with Korean-style sweet potato fries. We didn't eat there because we just had Blaze Pizza but we will go back.

Here is the Yelp link:
http://www.yelp.com/biz/california-gogi-korean-grill-irvine

Back